Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

Empty Floor space keeps saying "not enough room" to push something into it

Gud'morning!   Thursday, Oct 29th, 2020 at 08:57 GMT

i am trying to push a bed into an empty tile upper floor i just made and it keeps saying '"not enough space" when the tile is infact totally empty.

Server: Indy

Building name to teleport to it is:  "DCBC Manor House"

http://prntscr.com/v98j21  Currently situation... top floor bedroom, center of 2x3 footprint building.

History

1... made 3 story building with wood floors, hauled up two beds to 3rd level (owners bed room), put them in side by side, one per tile

2... then decided to redo floors as sandstone slab.

3... hauled the beds back down down the ladder so i could replace the wood floors with sand stone floors

4... removed the wood floors and installed the sandstone floors,

5..  hauled the 1st bed back up the ladder to 3rd floor successfully but......

6... a bug is now stopping me pushing the bed back to the far end of the room so I can bring up the 2nd bed.

7... did try Loading into large cart and unload,  still says the Empty Space in the above screenie is "not enough room"

Never experienced empty tiles saying this before

Additional facts....

.... No beds in adjacent tiles 3rd floor over lapping as either side of the 2x1 bedroom is Roof on both sides.

.... floor directly below (2nd floor) is empty hall way, with 2nd level bedrooms built off to one side.

.... beds on 2nd floor are at outside edge of the side room tiles and no where near center to over lap.

.... and this configuration of building and bed arrangements I have made on at least 5 other deeds with out running into this "no room" bug before

.... and I have made multi story "hotels" with bed rooms directly above bedrooms on lower floors and did not experience this bug.

Thank you for looking into this.

Cheers,

Hughmongus

Mayor of Dragon Climbers Base Camp

Edited by HughMongus

I had a similar thing happen to me on Independence, at my deed Cornersville. The building is a lighthouse there at UDA Bay. A building I own. It's 9 stories tall. On the 2nd floor, the tile was empty, but it would not allow me to push a bed onto it. Said it was 'not enough space'.

The floor above had a bed on it. The floor below had a tapestry on it.

So I pushed the bed as close to the intended tile as I could, went about my way. I think I logged and re logged, maybe next day or day after that I was in there and thot to try to push the bed, and it went!

No idea what happened, just the bed went to the tile I wanted it on. Nothing else changed I think on that building so far as furniture. I may have moved a statue around up on the upper upper floors, like from the 9th floor down to another tile on the 4th floor. I did move a statue from that tile on the 9th floor. Just not sure if I did that between the bed moving attempts. On that floor on the 9th floor above that tile, I had 4 nymph statues, and a marble brazier pillar up there. I did move a nymph statue from that tile on the 9th floor down to a different tile on the 4th floor. Just I don't think 9th floor statuary should affect me trying to move a bed on the 2nd floor.

Anyways so it fixed itself. But I had the same sort of 'not enough space' on an empty tile happen to me.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
edited words
  • Like 1

Gud'morning Folks,  Sunday, Nov 1st, 2020 at 12:39 GMT

Thank you for the PM contact Teeeebomb.   I tried again per your suggestion next day and I was able to put it into that tile.

Still it is a bug as the floor space kept a "memory" of the bed being there for several hours.

Food for thought,

Cheers, Hughmongus