Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Those that stayed on "old servers" - why?

We have seen many attempts at special servers with tweaked skill progression.

Epic, Challenge, Jackal

They all eventually end up in the trash bin.

Im glad the devs keep the focus on the core game.

I am a person who in real life enjoys the 'comfort' and warm glow that living in a place that I know and am known gives me.

In my 'pixel-life' that is Wurm Online I enjoy playing on Pristine and Xanadu for the very same reason. My deeds there are my pixel-homes and I am now at the stage when I can make items that are good quality. I have made my mark on the lands and would genuinely be sad to leave them. I play purely for enjoyment and not to make money or be obsessed with skill-gain. I would suggest that some who moved to the new servers did so because they could see opportunities to make in-game money there.

I also play on Mystic Highlands in Wurm Unlimited which affords me the same skill gain but gives me the opportunity to play in a different style- for example the role-play aspect.

I do enjoy exploring new places in real-life but this is not possible to replicate in Wurm as travel is not allowed between the two server sets. I have therefore made the relatively easy decision (for me) to stay at home where I am content to potter around doing what feels right for that day.

• Like 3

My toons are 11 years old and there is no reason to create new toons with new premium on new servers.  

It's all about the grind and the premium.

Not a old player(started a few month before steam release) but seen so mutch complaints about the northern cluster, im glad i stayed on the old one.

Edited by Stinboi
  • Like 1

Home is where the heart is! Deliverance has been my home for years. Why would i give up on her now?

Plus why would i leave my friends? Can't let them have all the fun!

• Like 2

I have 90 woodcutting, I am not doing that again. I know people with far higher skills than me as well, I can entirely see why they did not want to leave.

If there was open passage to travel then I would probably come over and try the PvP island, not done Wurm PvP yet and a lot of the reason is the amount of time to go over to Chaos with no idea what I am doing. But (not played it) the impression I get is that you teleport to Defiance immediately with no items and make stuff there instead. The significantly reduced time to switch between them sounds appealing, I get the impression that it is practical to jump to PvP for a few hours, then jump back again. Chaos doing that I would be spending all day sailing. But I am not dropping my character for that.