Sign in to follow this  
Mynerva

Server will not start

yes and no keeps shutting back down, but I think I know why. I removed a couple of mods that I need to put back

other mods are ok....im shutting down one by one....problem is with discorp mod

1 minute ago, byxoft said:

other mods are ok....im shutting down one by one....problem is with discorp mod

I had a look at it, and it's not a Discord mod problem.  Also, the Discord Relay mod is working fine for many servers.  It appears to be an issue only for some.

ok...for me.....problem was in discord mod.....now i fix that and server start noproblem like everyday.....good luck

3 minutes ago, Batta said:

I had a look at it, and it's not a Discord mod problem.  Also, the Discord Relay mod is working fine for many servers.  It appears to be an issue only for some.

on my server discord mode too working  until i shut down rhe server :)  after shut down server........server no start

15 hours ago, byxoft said:

on my server discord mode too working  until i shut down rhe server :)  after shut down server........server no start

We do a backup every single evening, and never have this problem even though we have Discord Relay mod.  I'm glad you found what worked for you, but that's not the problem in this case.

EDIT:  we tried removing Discord Relay twice and it didn't fix Mynerva's problem. That's why I say it wasn't the mod in this case.

Edited by Batta

Well, working with pingperfect to try and fix it, but so far no luck. They are suggesting rebuilding our database. We will see what their senior tech team has to say. 

1 hour ago, Mynerva said:

Well, working with pingperfect to try and fix it, but so far no luck. They are suggesting rebuilding our database. We will see what their senior tech team has to say. 

Our server just crashed, too.  No idea why, but I do know that Pingperfect is always excellent at fixing things in a timely manner. Weirdly, our server log is showing no errors at all, and says we're online...though we definitely are not.  

3 hours ago, Batta said:

Our server just crashed, too.  No idea why, but I do know that Pingperfect is always excellent at fixing things in a timely manner. Weirdly, our server log is showing no errors at all, and says we're online...though we definitely are not.  

what did I say? problem is with DISCORD MOD respectively with DISCORD BOT

solution(for me worked):

1. control BOTTOKEN value.....and change it in discordrelay.properties.....for me in discord settings is changed....i dont know WHY :(

2. on discord BOT settings.......enable "Presence Intent"

thats all....server then start normaly ;) happy wurming  ...... BUT !!!! i work on it all day yesterday!!! :(  damn it DISCORD !!!

• Like 1

Byxoft thank you for your help!   For those of us on Pingperfect - it seems the issue for me and maybe some of you was that the ping perfect launcher didn't know what to do with the discord errors which resulted in a corrupted database.  I had to remove the discord mod.  Restore from a backup.  Start it up.  Then fix and reinstall the discord mod.

Well,  It seems that fixed it until the next backup/restart.  Now we are right back where we started.  It looks like that botToken number is changing regularly now.  I don't know why or what is triggering the change.

2 hours ago, EmmaGrace said:

Well,  It seems that fixed it until the next backup/restart.  Now we are right back where we started.  It looks like that botToken number is changing regularly now.  I don't know why or what is triggering the change.

Very strange!  

6 hours ago, byxoft said:

2. on discord BOT settings.......enable "Presence Intent"

Where is this found? I can't see it on my Discord Bot settings.

EDIT: Found it!  It's below "Privileged Gateway Intents"

Edited by Batta

Thank you everyone for your input. I want to give Pingperfect's tech team a huge shoutout here. They actually found the problem for me and took steps to fix it and get my server running. They told me the exact same thing about the discord relay mod and the bot settings. I am extremely impressed with their customer service and that they helped me fix something that was not caused by them. In my opinion, they went above and beyond. 

8 hours ago, EmmaGrace said:

i think ..... this is why (but dont understand it....my englih is poor)

Discord

SYSTÉM17.07.2020

Hey byxoft! It's your friendly neighborhood Bots & API Team checking in. If you're reading this message, it's because you created an application in our Developer Portal: https://discord.com/developers. We come bearing news, updates, and a one-time "Get Out of Rate Limits Free" card! Okay well, not the last one, but it caught your attention. We've got a few things to share with you, so let's get on with it. Developer Policy and Terms of Service Update Everyone's favorite time of the year, Terms of Service Update Season, is upon us. We're updating our Developer Terms of Service — which you can find here: https://discord.com/developers/docs/legal — to make it more human-readable. That's why we've also split it into two documents: our Developer Terms of Service: https://discord.com/developers/docs/legal and our Developer Policy: https://discord.com/developers/docs/policy. The Terms of Service covers all of the strictly legal bits of operating on our platform. Our Developer Policy covers our beliefs and guidelines on good use of our APIs that we use to guide our actions. Both are at the heart of what we believe being a good developer on Discord is about. We hope these changes make our terms and policy easier to understand. Discord API Domain Migration Last month, we excitedly announced our official move to discord.com. It was a long time in the making, and the work isn't done yet! For now, our API will continue to handle requests made to discordapp.com. On November 7, 2020 we will be dropping support for the discordapp.com domain in favor of discord.com. Please ensure that your libraries, bots, and applications are updated accordingly.

Due to technical constraints, our CDN domain will not be migrated and will remain cdn.discordapp.com for the foreseeable future. Bot Verification Reminder Thanks to all of you that have gone through our bot verification process so far. The initial wave of applications was huge, and we recognize that we were slower than promised. Thank you all for your continued patience and support as we made it through all your applications. To date, nearly half of all eligible bots have been verified. Great work! For those of you that have not yet gone through our verification process, you can do so today by visiting your app in the Developer Portal. If your bot is in more than 75 guilds, you can begin the process. Reminder that the unrestricted period ends on October 6, 2020. On that date, we will be imposing the restrictions outlined in our previous blog post: https://blog.discord.com/the-future-of-bots-on-discord-4e6e050ab52e. You can still get verified after October 6, but go get a head start now and beat the rush! For those of you excited for the fancy new features shown in our blog post...keep being patient! We're putting some finishing touches on new API tools that will enable features like the ones you saw, and we can't wait to show them to you. Be prepared SLASH excited for the next coming couple months. If you haven't seen our blog post, go read it now: https://blog.discord.com/the-future-of-bots-on-discord-4e6e050ab52e. Happy coding!