Sign in to follow this  
Nekojin

How can I ever possibly Focus enough?

I'm working my way through the Journal quests, and... some of them seem improbably difficult to manage. One in particular, on the Gathering Stride Journal, is Get to Focus Level 3. 

I can't even imagine doing this. Fighting against creatures that I'm capable of beating myself, I can sometimes make it to Focus 1. I've never been able to get to Focus 2. I honestly can't see even a fight against a Troll lasting long enough to be able to get to Focus 3. And then the Paved With Stone Journal wants me to get to Focus 5? How? Am I expected to have to solo multiple monsters at once? 

My FS is around 8, if that matters - the Wiki page for Focus is extremely uninformative on when you're able to do higher Focus tiers. I'm not a Hunter, and the sparse distribution of monsters means I hadn't even seen one for weeks before the Friday update. I've had more fights over the weekend than I had over the entire previous month

fight a cow or something with no weapon and spam focus. chance to focus is based on fighting so ideally you'd want higher fighting

• Like 1

Yeah with 70 fighting 3 is no problem, 4 often possible to, 5 I have realy to try and spam the button.  You could say you can relayable reach 1level/20 skill and kind of esay 1/15. At least that is my expiriance with it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Radircs said:

Yeah with 70 fighting 3 is no problem, 4 often possible to, 5 I have realy to try and spam the button.  You could say you can relayable reach 1level/20 skill and kind of esay 1/15. At least that is my expiriance with it.

That is a useful guide, thanks. Do you think you could add it to the Wiki? 

Take part in a rift.  That'll do it.

Though if your fight skill is actually 8, then I think you need to work on that first...

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 10:28 PM, Nekojin said:

That is a useful guide, thanks. Do you think you could add it to the Wiki? 

Noone can add to the wiki. It's controlled by information-gaters. Applications to get an editor account are just ignored.

I just want to say that my FS is higher than yours.  There are so few characters to whom I could say that 😆.  I can honestly congratulate you on keeping yours low.  I aim to avoid fighting where possible, so having a low FS would be a point of pride for me.  FYI, my weapon of choice is "Freedom Isles Tower Guard".

I think my FS is in the tweens to twenties.  I have noticed sometimes I get to Focus 2 (and sometimes I go backwards from 1 back to zero).  I figured my focus ability would progress as my FS improved and my ability to stay longer in a fight. 

EDIT:  Last time I logged in I discovered my FS has tipped over 50!  (52, from memory).  I killed a champion wolf, on my own, without having to run away.  I was a bit stunned.  Although, to be honest for such a big guy he was a bit of a pushover.  I had "regular" wolves that seemed to be harder to kill.  I honestly don't know when this happened.  Due to my early experiences, I have only recently been confident in taking on brown bears, let alone the bigger bities.

Edited by TheTrickster
50!

On 10/29/2020 at 1:14 AM, Muzukurin said:

Noone can add to the wiki. It's controlled by information-gaters. Applications to get an editor account are just ignored.

You can edit the wiki by clicking "create account" in the top right corner

lZS3cRM.png

The Wiki Assistant team moderates the wiki and rolls back incorrect changes

The wiki Discord server is here if you would like to talk more!

https://discord.gg/AYPPCS6

• Like 2