Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Halloween Comes to Wurm Online

19 minutes ago, Evening said:

I paid a visit to my Harmony deed a day ago, on mid west server, situated next to a very large deed, with dozens and dozens and dozens of citizens.

In those few hours spent there skilling woodcutting around our deed, my friend and I encountered spiders, wolves, trolls, mountain lions, greenish cave bugs and a feral cat; we didn't go there to hunt and didn't search for mobs, the mobs found us; perhaps you need to look more?

I would say you are in a pocket that hasn't been hunted recently. Anywhere that gets hunted out, stays pretty much empty except for creatures that move in from other areas, this is not imagined or laziness, it is an acknowledged bug as per 

and if you visit the harmony creature graph page at https://harmony.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html you will see that in the last month the aggressive creature count has dropped from around 11k creatures to be currently under 4k creatures and is falling by several hundred a day, with small spurts of respawn seeming to be triggered by server resets. After the latest attempted "fix"  there was no bump in numbers on the server restart, so we don't seem to be heading in the right direction. Defiance and Cadence by comparison have 19k and 11k creatures on a similar sized map.

If you take into account that there are at least several hundred wild caught/bred hellhorses penned on deeds, that number of aggressive mobs left on the server for hunting becomes even lower. 

The introduction of missions had me go out hunting on the ocean while searching for a traitor octopus. First day I encountered quite a few aggressives, but returning to the same area over the next two days it remained pretty much entirely empty, it seems that there is little to no actual respawn, or respawn at such a low rate that it doesn't come close to keeping up with even the little hunting that is being done atm due to lack of things to kill.

Does the helm also have the same movement/casting penalties as iron great helm?

5 hours ago, Evening said:

I paid a visit to my Harmony deed a day ago, on mid west server, situated next to a very large deed, with dozens and dozens and dozens of citizens.

In those few hours spent there skilling woodcutting around our deed, my friend and I encountered spiders, wolves, trolls, mountain lions, greenish cave bugs and a feral cat; we didn't go there to hunt and didn't search for mobs, the mobs found us; perhaps you need to look more?

Sorry.... this tells different: https://harmony.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html 

And as a example...... Independence.... SAME size..... got 26.000 aggro creatures.....

8 hours ago, Evening said:

Seriously? Please take a look at this: 

and also this:
https://harmony.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

And then please stop adding insult to injury. Thank you.

Or, you can brave the dark and head out to hunt creatures twisted by the dying light, and find special Halloween themed items, some from stories past, and one entirely new.

Are these items that drop from corpses or spawn on the ground?

1 hour ago, Faerian said:

And then please stop adding insult to injury. Thank you.

I'm sorry, what? Where do you see any insult and injury?

I described what I found on Harmony, I can prove it with logs, then I advised a player to search more for animals. I made a short, civilized post, so I'm not sure what your problem is?

1 hour ago, Evening said:

I described what I found on Harmony, I can prove it with logs, then I advised a player to search more for animals. I made a short, civilized post, so I'm not sure what your problem is?

There may be a few Mobs at your Spot, but the rest of Harmony is pretty much dead with a Mob count of 3500....

From  the e-mail send to us:

Halloween comes with strange changes, including skeletal versions of yourself and other animals.

So we're considered to be animals now?? :o 

I demand a compensation in Sleep powders for that insult! ;) 

Thorin :)

• Like 1

I finished my corbita yesterday and some cages so that i can go hunt in any case. If not on Harmony then on Cadence or Melody.

6 hours ago, Wyndolm said:

I finished my corbita yesterday and some cages so that i can go hunt in any case. If not on Harmony then on Cadence or Melody.

We just built our Cog and used this work around as well.  I admit it was fun going on an adventure, but it would be nice if there were mobs near us too.  I think before that I had killed maybe 4-5 mobs total.

Anyone else having frequent crashes? I have some clients on that have been on since before the event went live, and one that logged in after. The one that logged in after is crashing every 5 minutes.

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

"Update failed! (Error: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak)"

Any suggestions?

How can I turn this theme off? I want to see colors of my horses...

• Like 1

You've done a really great job with all the Halloween fun, it's all very nice!

the helmets don't seem to be impable, i just tried.

[20:26:53] The demon helm doesn't need repairing.
[20:26:55] You cannot improve that item.

also crashing every few minutes since the update.

So on Harmony i guess we just miss out on the drop part of halloween. I rode for an hour yesterday and didnt encounter a single mob.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 3:49 PM, Evening said:

Simple, the injury is that there is no mobs to hunt and there haven't been for weeks. The insult is saying that it is OUR fault for not looking far enough when it's clear it is a bug that has been acknowledged by the devs. I'll of course grant that you only wanted to help and didn't mean it that way, but for many Harmony players, this situation is really severe and a huge let down. I've more or less quit playing till it is fixed e.g. That's why even well meaning comments are very likely to be received badly right now. 

• Like 1