Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Halloween Comes to Wurm Online

2.png

Dear Wurmians,

It’s been a busy few months since the Steam launch, with unprecedented player counts and four new servers launched, but it’s time to sit around the campfire, share spooky stories, and maybe roast a rat on a stick or two.
So take a seat and find out what’s in store this Halloween period (00:01 on the 28th of October until 23:59 on the 5th of November CET) in Wurm Online.

Spooky Scary Skeletons

1.png

The cool Autumn air shimmers with energy, and you feel yourself growing… faint.
Halloween comes with strange changes, including skeletal versions of yourself and other animals.
Rest assured though, your flesh is still there, ripe for the tasting…

Big Smiles

3.png
Halloween is here, and it just wouldn’t be Halloween without tricks and treats, and do we have the treat for you!
All premium members will receive a unique limited edition demon helm upon logging in during the Halloween period!

More Treats

During the Halloween period, we’ll also be running a 10% bonus skill gain and affinity gain event
Time to hunker in your houses, away from the strange sounds in the woods, and the eyes you swear you can see glimpses of between the trees…
Or, you can brave the dark and head out to hunt creatures twisted by the dying light, and find special Halloween themed items, some from stories past, and one entirely new.

Work continues on our more extensive plans over the coming months, with our roadmap shared at the start of this month! If you missed it and would like to see what we have in store in 2021, check it all out here!

• Like 27

OK, I like the skeleton horses!  And I hope we have pumpkin spiders again...I love those!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jingerjas said:

OK, I like the skeleton horses!  And I hope we have pumpkin spiders again...I love those!

NO

• Like 1

This looks super , and that helmet is Bad Ass ..want one.

Little events like this are what was suggested by some players after the Steam launch (if not earlier).

I see that the e-mail that I received is already on the Steam page- thanks for both!

Good that you have 'listened'. I hope that people can enjoy the bonus experiences and perhaps we will see other events occurring through the Christmas / New Year season? 

Well done!

Edited by Spolmit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

3.png
Halloween is here, and it just wouldn’t be Halloween without tricks and treats, and do we have the treat for you!
All premium members will receive a unique limited edition demon helm upon logging in during the Halloween period!

Any chance getting helm skins instead? As much as i like the skin of this helm, it will be near useless with weak protection and being unimprovable most likely making it just a deed farmer accessory :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

Any chance getting helm skins instead? As much as i like the skin of this helm, it will be near useless with weak protection and being unimprovable most likely making it just a deed farmer accessory :(

it got confirmed to be improveable, though I also like the skin idea so we can apply it to rare, cool metal helmets we already own

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Imping is already confirmed

@RetrogradeCan we have autumn graphics during the Halloween? It seems...appropriate. If I prem my char and relog it, will I get a helmet? 

Edited by Platyna

I always look forward to the Halloween events every year, of all the holidays it seems to be the most fun one in wurm :) 

Helmet looks great, and excited for 10% skill gain boost too!

Perhaps a silly question, does that 10% stack with Sleep Bonus?

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

@RetrogradeCan we have autumn graphics during the Halloween? It seems...appropriate. If I prem my char and relog it, will I get a helmet? 

This sounds Awesome.thank you Retro and everyone involved.I cant wait

Did we really get Skelton versions of avatars before darker skin avatars....  #priorities 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oreo said:

what kinda protections does this helm have ;)

It will be the equivalent of an iron great helm 

20 minutes ago, Ascorbic said:

Did we really get Skelton versions of avatars before darker skin avatars....  #priorities 

Expanded character customisation is in the works, and is one of our bigger goals, this is just a small event model. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Oreo said:

what ql?

Not sure, can be imped. 

• Like 1

So what will happen with Harmony currently having no aggressive spawns? Is there some kind of manual injection of aggressive creatures possible, or do those on Harmony just miss out on the whole hunting for drops part of Halloween?

27 minutes ago, Delone said:

So what will happen with Harmony currently having no aggressive spawns? Is there some kind of manual injection of aggressive creatures possible, or do those on Harmony just miss out on the whole hunting for drops part of Halloween?

I paid a visit to my Harmony deed a day ago, on mid west server, situated next to a very large deed, with dozens and dozens and dozens of citizens.

In those few hours spent there skilling woodcutting around our deed, my friend and I encountered spiders, wolves, trolls, mountain lions, greenish cave bugs and a feral cat; we didn't go there to hunt and didn't search for mobs, the mobs found us; perhaps you need to look more?