Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Ordinary and unique animal combat improvements

The Goblin Leader Slaying event seemed interesting until it happened. Not only do all the common animals in the game behave like training dummies with the difference that they sometimes give back punches, now i know that also unique monsters behave same way.

As for the improvement of ordinary animals, I do not know if animals have such a parameter as the optimal range of weapons (the wiki does not mention anything on this topic), but they should have it. For example, wild cats could be at the level of a short sword, and when we fight them with weapons that have a greater range, the animal would adjust its distance to the player every few seconds.

Scorpions have quite long stings, so they can have a spear range and when the player tries to kill them with a long sword, they also correct the distance to the opponent and move away to the range that is most favorable for them.

Besides, animals should be a bit more intelligent and, for example, try to hit the player from the side or in the back, if it really gives an advantage in a fight. Thanks to this, it would be harder to choose the terrain, which gives the player a bonus.

Further, an animal that is weaker in desperation should attack the hand with a weapon or the player's head (at the moment I have the impression that weaker animals attack the legs, although they never run away anyway, so what is the reason for that?).

Stronger animals should attack the player's legs to make it harder for him to escape.

As for escaping, if the animal loses, it should have a chance (20-30%) to try to escape, which would give some reason to use bows in PvE, because at the moment this weapon is useless, even a deer can be caught in combat by walking close enough.

Animals with additional traits should be even smarter. If the player selects the higher terrain so that he has an advantage, the animal should move to the same height as the player to neutralize this advantage. Champions may move on and try to stand in a fight that gives them the advantage in footing.

And unique monsters ... the most difficult part of the fight with the goblin leader was the stage where I had to find him and click on him ... 100 players per 1 tile is really stupid.

If the player groups in this way, the unique monster should receive a bonus to strength and attack speed, and it is so large for 100 players group, that unique kills anyone with one blow.

I already wrote about the titles that at the moment it makes no sense to get the title "slayer" for 1 hit. The title should be for killing or dealing a certain amount of damage, e.g. 5-10%. If you have dealt damage to the monster above the designated level, you have the title when monster is defeated. Thus, out of one event, there would be 10-20 players with the title, not 100.

One hit alone should give the player monster blood, those who are just watching should get nothing.

The imprisonment of unique monsters on deeds in cave should also be solved differently, but I've already written enough so another time.

Edited by Darnok
  • Cat 2

nah you're wrong again -1, don't like any of that, ty for your time

13 hours ago, Radircs said:

Could you wait after confirmed combat update with suggestions like this pls? Since well you don´t know how the new combat will paly out?

Then it will be too late.

id be happy with some new dangers, rough seas that nearly sink u boat if u dont repair it ,water creatures that attack u boat not just wait till u hassle them , bats a flying enemy be good ,we have the white eagles but they on chaos i think ,near killed me once . a tougher meaner lookin armed up geared up skeleton warrior at rifts or just everywere not those poor excuse for things we had . something like the hardness of a troll to kill .a gang of 20 of them be wild we then need to get a party together to fight them .just some new added enemys in areas away from new towns of course , and trolls allready hit your legs so u cant run btw

10 hours ago, Darnok said:

Then it will be too late.

To late for waht? Of cours a more activ combat system will be a bless and maybe keep more people in the game but wurm survived now for 13 years I don´t think it will die in the next 5 if not somthing realy simmilar with fundementel better execution come out (most trys to do this have failed to my knwolage). But on the other side you suggest they shuld drop work on a system they allredy put work in becous it will be to late but a AI overhaul will be in time? I don´t know the code base but to my knowlage a good AI behavior is realy hard to programm and I don´t see how your changes even if acceptet will be any faster then the combat overhaul in terms of implementation and not be "too late".

just lmao.. a dude goes on a rampage to kill poor goblin with 100 ppl battalion and then complains how disappointing that was? next time go with 3 other friends in a squad to kill it instead of a 100 ppl, then talk. 

as for the mob suggestions.. he clearly didn't kill enough of them yet to realise how annoying it is, yet suggests we killed every single wild cat or a rat in 10 times bigger time gap than it is due to all his "idea" nonsense.. Then might as well make fighting a troll half a day event.

pathetic suggestion