Sign in to follow this  
Crimsonsplat

Client-side Mod Installation

I may be well on the way to becoming the board's dunce here.  Got another question, or series thereof.  (Cross-posted to wurm-unlimited.net).

So I've got a couple of mods on my server, and have tried to install the necessary files on the client side.  The mods are Bdew's Halloween, and the hitching post (not sure if it's his). They work fine on the server side, but I see only default graphics on the client. So I made sure to update the serverpacks and ago's modlauncher files from github. Then I ran patcher.bat. Yet I still see only the default graphics.  After a post by someone helpful, I tried adding the relevant files to my \mods folder, but.... no luck.

Things I tried:
Adding halloween.properties, \halloween and \bdew_sever_mod_tools to the \mod directory, with halloween-pack.zip in the \halloween directory. Patched, but game would not run. Last four lines of log:
[06:08:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\wurmesp.properties
[06:08:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\bdew_server_mod_tools\bdew_server_mod_tools.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/bdew_server_mod_tools.properties
[06:08:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\bdew_server_mod_tools\bdew_server_mod_tools.jar]
[06:08:15 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modloader/interfaces/WurmServerMod
Re-validated Steam files to clear the patch, then added halloween.properties, \halloween and \bdew_sever_mod_tools to the \mod directory, with halloween-pack.zip and halloween.jar in the \halloween directory. Ran patcher.bat, but the game would not run when I tried it. Last four lines of log were exactly the same.

Re-validated Steam files to clear the patch, then unzipped halloween-pack.zip into the \halloween directory (and removed the zip file). Ran patcher.bat, but game would not run when I tried it. Last four lines of log were exactly the same.

A screenshot of someone's working directories/files would probably help. I have a peculiar twist of mind that makes me ideal for writing precise instructions (I do it for a living), but following anyone else's less rigorous explanations leaves me floundering in a mess of "did they mean this or that?" or overlooking an assumed but unstated instruction.

Here's my starting \mods directory before the sequence above.
Mods folder.gif