Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 23/OCT/20

exciting content such as 

a randomly spawning archery tower that you stand under for 5 minutes

a randomly spawning locked chest

another randomly spawning archery tower but this time there's six of them and you get to stand under 4 of them for 5 minutes

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

6 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Its not really about the rewards but more the Content...

Yep, partly agree. But why not rewards as well?  From PvE player perspective it is wrong that PvP players can get rewards from PvP and use them on PvE servers to gain advantage (ok, mostly just cosmetic but still). Risk vs Reward is not a real argument, if risk is equal to PvP since PvP is not even part of PvE gameplay...

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

exciting content such as 

another randomly spawning archery tower but this time there's six of them and you get to stand under 4 of them for 5 minutes

It sounds a lot like PvE content to me. which makes it a strange thing for getting PvP rewards... 

• Like 1

Was ther a hidden undocumentet buff to Mindstealer? I was yesterday hunting for like 1,5h and got like every 5 mobs a tick with 42MS befor this patch i would get one like every 20 if I am lucky. I don´t complain but its quite a random thing I notice.

Oh and did anyone get a Weapondrop so fare? I still looking for some data on how good and often they are. So fare I woudl say more uncommen then coins. (4 times coins hunting so fare not a singel weapon)

1 hour ago, Radircs said:

Oh and did anyone get a Weapondrop so fare

i got a weapon drop, till 12 hours ago~ the sleep powder/weapon drop feature was accidently turned off aparently.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:39 PM, Torgrim said:

i quoted the wrong post

The idea is that since you need to find these things in specific places, it will encourage pvpers running into each other and cause more casual pvp

unfortunately due to how they spawn this rarely ends up actually happening.

I dont think any of this is proper pve content since you don’t actually fight anything though

Edited by RainRain

On 10/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

exciting content such as 

Exciting content such as there could be enemys anywhere and you are never safe.

can we put a FS/body requirement on capping the depots? Sounds like some alts are being abused maybe?

• Cat 1

19 hours ago, Melros said:

can we put a FS/body requirement on capping the depots? Sounds like some alts are being abused maybe?

+1

they should be entirely invisible to people without enough FS/bodystat

On 10/23/2020 at 8:52 AM, DevBlog said:
  • The Valrei International included a patch note regarding shaker orbs not working when used on the surface. This change has been reverted to ensure it can still be used to collapse entrances.
  • Weapons/Armour/Toolbelts/Horse gear will increase in quality up to 75 much quicker when improving them to speed up people gearing groups for pvp after a loss.(Defiance Only)

Improving stuff faster is amazing. Everyone loves this. Great addition.

• Roaming Depo(Defiance Only)
    • Same spawn rules as battle camps.
    • Will announce when it spawns on twitter/event tab.
    • Will first spawn with no indication of where it is, after 5 hours of not being claimed it will give off the effect from the old depo to better help locate it.
    • You claim the loot with a 5 minute action on the depo, after which the depo will vanish until it respawns again.
    • Spawns 26 hours after the last one vanishes.
    • Claim Reward
      • 3 lumps of adamantine or glimmersteel(picked randomly)
      • 5 sleep powders.
      • 2 75QL horse sets(Shoes/Saddles).
        • Chances these sets will come with varying degrees of WOA precast on them.

Nobody really looks for these until the light shows where they are. Also, the randomness of the spawn just means whoever has a deed closest gets it. You should make two changes here. Make it so that pendulums can detect it and make it so that it spawn in the middle area of the map H14 - J18. This is a no mans land where each kingdom can get to super quick.

• Hota Changes(Elevation/Defiance/Chaos)
    • 6 battle camps spawn at the same time all over the map with no location information anymore.
    • First to 4 captures wins.
    • First to capture a camp after spawning receives a few pieces of moon metal. Captures after will not give any more.
    • Happens 40 hours after the last event finished.
    • Your kingdom is alerted in event tabs when an enemy kingdom steps onto a battle camp, it will not say what kingdom but will say which battle camp. This message cannot happen more than once every 30 minutes.
    • Building inside battle camps when you have it claimed still provide all the protections from before.
    • Pendulums will still help find them but will have the range at which they do adjusted to make them a bit harder to find.

I've never really been big on the HOTA but this seems to have been a better change. It still kinda relies on where they spawned and who has the most people online when they spawn. I've never been big on server based PVP objectives but thats just me and a lot of people do not share this opinion.

• Increased raid windows for deeds over 50 tiles long in size to 8 hours to give more time to raid larger deeds. Safe zones/deeds smaller than 50 tiles stay unchanged.

Nobody raids. Don't know what to change to make them raid or if it even matters. We are having fun without raiding atm.

• Scorn no longer heals non tamed creatures.(All Servers)
  • Tangle weave cooldown reduced to 60 seconds/ favor cost reduced back to 15.(All Servers)
  • Shield bash will have a separate easier roll to just cancel actions that may be interrupted along with the roll to stun.(All Servers)
  • Equipping or unequipping a piece of armour will cancel any spells/archery actions currently being cast.(All Servers).
  • Increased healing resistance again.(All PvP Servers)

These changes are amazing. Aside from the bugs present with moving armour around affecting other things (which you guys have already said you are working on a fix) These have all been good changes.

• Aggressive non domestic/zombie creatures you kill will have a chance to give out an item when killing them. (Defiance Only)
    • Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.
    • The chance for this will be dependent on the CR of the creature and will be an uncommon drop.
    • This will not happen inside the safe zones or on settlements.

More people are out hunting now. I personally haven't found any so its probably at a good drop rate.

• NFI Pvp/Pve servers now share sleep bonus and titles.
  • Valrei scenarios have been added to Defiance.
  • Defiance will be running it’s own Valrei map
  • Winners can receive a mixture of items different to the Epic scenarios
  • Shaker orbs
  • Resurrection stones
  • Seryll lumps

These have been weird. But maybe its just my personal lack of experience with missions. I have no clue who is a winner or loser. If im Fo does that mean that I lose if I help out any other god? No clue man.

All in all its been a really cool update.

Why doesnt the christmas lights appear at the depo 15 minutes before it spawns?
That way its not just a quick grab for whoever is closest or randomly finds it.

Also we still SUPER need to tie the faster imping to titles, it's ruining grinding.

Edited by Joemog

Sign in to follow this