Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 23/OCT/20

PatchNotes-1-1.jpg

• To compensate for downtime and instability at the Steam launch, all accounts have been awarded 10 hours of sleep bonus (to a maximum of 10 hours)
  • Change: Rite spell favor pool requirements changed
    • Adjustments have been made to allow for more regular casts of global ritual spells on smaller and less populated servers, while also keeping their frequency at reasonable levels on servers where they are cast more often:
    • The base favor needed by a deity in order for players to cast a ritual spell has been lowered significantly.
    • Any casts of a ritual within the past 8 months will increase the favor needed by the deity to cast the ritual again.
    • The more recent the casting of a ritual, the more favor it will add to the amount required.
    • The indications of deity favor given at sermons (such as “Fo is brimming with power”) will accurately reflect the favor the deity currently needs on that server, at the time of the sermon.
  • New: Added 100 Scythe title
  • New: Mail windows now show the weight of each item being sent or received.
  • New: Missions have been added to the Northern Freedom Isles
  • Change: Pending favor is added to current favor at a slightly faster rate, to better compete with the new shorter sacrifice timer.
    • Sacrificing a creature will now add to the pending favor pool in the same manner as sacrificing items.
    • There is a delay of 10 minutes between sacrificing an item/creature and the pending favor pool decaying when not actively adding to your favor. The decay rate is also significantly slower, but increases over time.
    • (PvP) Pending favor is no longer added to current favor with enemies in local.
    • The “Get Price” action can now be used on an altar, telling the player how much favor the altar’s god would give for the items inside.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer sacrifice an animal while it’s being led by someone else.
  • Bugfix: Fixed Holy Crop and Rite of Death not affecting all suitable areas properly
  • Bugfix: Adding items to bulk storage (crates, bulk storage bins, etc.) will always result in a bulk item of at least 1.0 QL even if the item being added is of lower quality.
  • Bugfix: Creatures should respawn properly again on Harmony
    • Note: The creature counts may take some time to come back up as the creatures respawn.

Client changes

• Feature: Tile detail setting set to the lowest option will now hide the random rocks on dirt and grass.

PvP Changes:

• The Valrei International included a patch note regarding shaker orbs not working when used on the surface. This change has been reverted to ensure it can still be used to collapse entrances.
  • Weapons/Armour/Toolbelts/Horse gear will increase in quality up to 75 much quicker when improving them to speed up people gearing groups for pvp after a loss.(Defiance Only)
  • Roaming Depo(Defiance Only)
    • Same spawn rules as battle camps.
    • Will announce when it spawns on twitter/event tab.
    • Will first spawn with no indication of where it is, after 5 hours of not being claimed it will give off the effect from the old depo to better help locate it.
    • You claim the loot with a 5 minute action on the depo, after which the depo will vanish until it respawns again.
    • Spawns 26 hours after the last one vanishes.
    • Claim Reward
      • 3 lumps of adamantine or glimmersteel(picked randomly)
      • 5 sleep powders.
      • 2 75QL horse sets(Shoes/Saddles).
        • Chances these sets will come with varying degrees of WOA precast on them.
  • Upgraded Chest Loot(Elevation/Defiance)
    • The first person to open a rare chest spawn after it spawns will receive between 1-3 hours of sleep bonus depending on the loot roll of the chest.
  • Hota Changes(Elevation/Defiance/Chaos)
    • 6 battle camps spawn at the same time all over the map with no location information anymore.
    • First to 4 captures wins.
    • First to capture a camp after spawning receives a few pieces of moon metal. Captures after will not give any more.
    • Happens 40 hours after the last event finished.
    • Your kingdom is alerted in event tabs when an enemy kingdom steps onto a battle camp, it will not say what kingdom but will say which battle camp. This message cannot happen more than once every 30 minutes.
    • Building inside battle camps when you have it claimed still provide all the protections from before.
    • Pendulums will still help find them but will have the range at which they do adjusted to make them a bit harder to find.
  • Increased raid windows for deeds over 50 tiles long in size to 8 hours to give more time to raid larger deeds. Safe zones/deeds smaller than 50 tiles stay unchanged.
  • Scorn no longer heals non tamed creatures.(All Servers)
  • Tangle weave cooldown reduced to 60 seconds/ favor cost reduced back to 15.(All Servers)
  • Shield bash will have a separate easier roll to just cancel actions that may be interrupted along with the roll to stun.(All Servers)
  • Equipping or unequipping a piece of armour will cancel any spells/archery actions currently being cast.(All Servers).
  • Increased healing resistance again.(All PvP Servers)
  • Aggressive non domestic/zombie creatures you kill will have a chance to give out an item when killing them. (Defiance Only)
    • Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.
    • The chance for this will be dependent on the CR of the creature and will be an uncommon drop.
    • This will not happen inside the safe zones or on settlements.
  • NFI Pvp/Pve servers now share sleep bonus and titles.
  • Valrei scenarios have been added to Defiance.
  • Defiance will be running it’s own Valrei map
  • Winners can receive a mixture of items different to the Epic scenarios
  • Shaker orbs
  • Resurrection stones
  • Seryll lumps

PvP Bug Fixes

• Graves no longer sink on water.
  • Recall corpse now has a 15 min cooldown after death for defiance.
  • Legendary creatures on defiance now drop 3 res stones in replacement of tomes.
  • Barding speed reduction made more consistent.
  • PvP Bugfix: BattleCamps can no longer spawn on cave openings or mine doors.

A note for the new hota changes, you can once again view the time till they spawn from village info, all pvp servers will have the first battle camp event 40 hours from the update.

The Mission reward pool is quite underwhelming for the effort some missions will be. Is ther a chacne to add runes (as long Rifts are deaktivatet) and Strange bones to the pool? I think they would be for most people more valuble then a shaker orb (at lesat for the WL side) or Sysrill in a amount that waht ever you make out of it you will not take to PvP becous you fear of loosing it in the amount you can acces it. More rares would maybe lead to more rares in fights and more happy people on looting.

I am unsure about the Weapondrops on Creatures. Will have to test it how hight the QL realy is. If it comes close to our top smith currently its realy concerning becous its devalue a allredy hard to level craft. On top it conterdicts a core value of wurm were stuff is player craftet.

Well today ther will be a few 100 Trolls dieing lets see if i get one.

Edited by Radircs
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Pendulums will still help find them but will have the range at which they do adjusted to make them a bit harder to find.

How much smaller of a range? I haven't done hota on other servers but on chaos they spawn on top of the mountains even though they're not supposed to per the release notes rather commonly (hell i've climbed gedds 3 times solely for hota) and you'll only hit them from the base if you're rocking a super high casted seryll pend, which isn't too much of an issue with current range but if they're getting reduced by half or something it's gonna be a pain to find them.

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added 100 Scythe title

Congratulations Ehizellbob o7

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

To compensate for downtime and instability at the Steam launch, all accounts have been awarded 10 hours of sleep bonus (to a maximum of 10 hours)

Ah the waiting finally paid off, thank you :) 

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added 100 Scythe title

And thank you again! ❤️ 

theres still no 100 trebuchet skill title and its been years since it was obtained 😕

I did a fair chunk of the last Mag on Pristine, even if I wasn't being praticularly efficient, and in the end it was about 130days since the previous.

Given the changes, can you give us any insight to what you hope the time to charge them on smaller servers wil be after this change? even if just ballpark 8 weeks? 12 weeks?

I'm excited to see how the changes work out on Defiance as most I like there.

ATM it looks like no new missions spawn there when one is finished.

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Creatures should respawn properly again on Harmony

• Note: The creature counts may take some time to come back up as the creatures respawn.

Several Hours later the count still goes constantly just down....

10 hours ago, DevBlog said:

NFI Pvp/Pve servers now share sleep bonus and titles.

doesnt appear to work regarding titles

Edited by Oopsiewoopsie

11 hours ago, Caduryn said:

Several Hours later the count still goes constantly just down....

Indeed, we're investigating further! 

15 hours ago, Jospicy said:

Given the changes, can you give us any insight to what you hope the time to charge them on smaller servers wil be after this change? even if just ballpark 8 weeks? 12 weeks?

Hard to say, it's based on favor pool, not on any timeframe. 

Bug related to the Defiance change where equipping armour cancels a spell cast:

17 hours ago, Oopsiewoopsie said:

doesnt appear to work regarding titles

What issue did you have with titles?

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

What issue did you have with titles?

My giant slayer title and my 70 faith title from pvp didn't cross over to pve. Curious if there are exclusions? 

**Correction. It looks like ive simply lost my Giantslayer title. Must be because i was logged off on freedom side for the patch????

Edited by Melros

On 10/23/2020 at 11:52 PM, DevBlog said:

First to capture a camp after spawning receives a few pieces of moon metal. Captures after will not give any more.

It's only giving 1 lump

On 10/23/2020 at 11:52 PM, DevBlog said:

Pendulums will still help find them but will have the range at which they do adjusted to make them a bit harder to find.

My pend range is like 1/3-1/4 the range of what it was before, is that considered "a bit harder to find"

also can we get a pendulum use keybind if we're expected to spam it across an entire map

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

"Weapons/Armour/Toolbelts/Horse gear will increase in quality up to 75 much quicker when improving them to speed up people gearing groups for pvp after a loss.(Defiance Only) "

This needs to be tied to titles or it'll super screw up characteristics and skill gain.

Roaming Depo, Chest Loot, Battle camps... Why can't we have those things on PvE servers as well?

25 minutes ago, Torgrim said:

Roaming Depo, Chest Loot, Battle camps... Why can't we have those things on PvE servers as well?

Yeah.... a bit depressing seeing all the good stuff only for PvP....

Well these are incentives for PVP roaming and more PVP possibilities... PVE will have other means encouaring roaming soon (tm) as per the roadmap shared earlier.

53 minutes ago, Torgrim said:

unfortunately due to lobbying from the marketers these things cannot be added. you wouldn't want to hurt the economy now would you

I dont understand where freedom gets off complaining that they don't have the same *rewards* as pvp when there is an obvious inherent risk to playing pvp and absolutely none on freedom

Edited by Melros

23 minutes ago, Melros said:

I dont understand where freedom gets off complaining that they don't have the same *rewards* as pvp when there is an obvious inherent risk to playing pvp and absolutely none on freedom

It's people who haven't tried PVP, because people who has know it's way more effecient to skill and stuff on freedom.

39 minutes ago, Melros said:

Its not really about the rewards but more the Content...

Sign in to follow this