Sign in to follow this  
skyefox

High QL Fragments

In my travels around Indy I occasionally come across discarded piles  of fragments that are in the high 70's, 80's and even 90's.  I have archaeology 90 and use a mid range trowel (50 - 60 ql) yet I don't seem to get very many fragments that are even up to the level of my trowel.

What is the trick (if there is any) to consistently getting these high ql fragments?

The Caches you can find have the Ql of the reports so hight Ql Paper is a good start (HQl reed from a good farmer or HQl woodscrap from a good woodcutter who cut down a sapling instantly are a good start for this one). On top Wiki say a shovel give better fragments on avrage then the trowel so maybe you shuld look for one of this. A rare one would be best of course.
Then the abondend deeds give highter QL on avrage as well then the wild fragments.

Edited by Radircs

Well, I think I found out the answer to my own question, but I do thank Radircs for his/her input.  While spending some time aimlessly investigating land that had not been deeded, I noticed that all the fragments I was finding were substantially better quality than what I find on previously deeded land.

I have tested this out in a couple of different areas where there are 'no abandoned deeds' and found the same results. Alos, I got a larger number of already cleaned fragments which were generally higher than my skill level.

Hope this can be of help to other players.

Skyefox

Mayor Albia Estates

Co-Administrator of the Albia Roads Map of Indy