Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 096

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

PvP changes

A massive range of PvP changes are coming in today's update as well, as the result of the previous PvP discussions. 

This PvP update doesn't fix the fact that NFI PvE servers are still the best place to grind. Once again, they still have PoK 25% skillgain bonus, Vynora bonus, the ability to sell the stuff they make and then buy sleep bonus, etc.

A chance for additional sleep bonus from hunting or whatever isn't going to incentivise people to play on Defiance when they can have all of the above guaranteed on PvE.

I've said it a million times now, but the solution to this is really a general increase to the skillgain on Defiance, perhaps linked to meditation level (not path). 

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:
  • Aggressive non domestic/zombie creatures you kill will have a chance to give out an item when killing them. (Defiance Only)

• Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.

• The chance for this will be dependent on the CR of the creature and will be an uncommon drop.

• This will not happen inside the safe zones or on settlements.

Ok at last now we have a reason beside of MS to kill Trolls or Hellscorpions. Normaly we ignor them after FS70 becous they need to long and give way significant less weaponskill/time then killing sheeps and other small enemys. Would it be bad to request a highter weponskill gain based on the CR of the enemy? Beside they are harder to hit they also often have more armor and give ther for less skill/hit since the healthpool is basicly the same for all creatures and your ticksize depends on how many health dmg you have done.

I look forward to seeing the Rite changes in action on the less populated servers, hopefully it makes certain journal goals more realistic to obtain.

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The "Get Price" action can now be used on an altar, telling the player how much favor the altar's god would give for the items inside.

I am hooting and hollering ❤️

Overall nice and welcomed changes.

But here is some additional feedback:

5 hours ago, Melros said:

Shared sleep bonus pools. Roam defiance. Get sleep bonus from chest or hota/whatever, go spend on pve with skilling bonus. This may create even more of a reason to go skill on Pve for me since you can take a pvp roam incentive freedom. Maybe it will increase kills of roamers. whos to say. I suspect many ppl will just take their defiance sleep bonus to freedom

this

Why not make the SB one way? only pvp SB can be consumed on pvp.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:29 AM, Yuchdan said:

If people will use SB from pvp on pve, when SB is linked why not make the "joining" one way? Like you can only use pve SB on pvp but not pvp SB on pve.

Additionally pls increase skillgain on creation only craftmenships. I get it that creation skillgain should be reduced but not the same amount for creation only craftmenships

Furthermore, some add to favourites would be nice for the creation menu of craftmenships. Like the existing feature for cooking

Edited by Yuchdan

Could we call it something other than Get Price? Something like Weigh Favor

What about creature spawns on Harmony? We are really desperate for at least news on the situation, but nobody tells us anything...

Fix for Harmony spawn?

The time taken to address this issue begins to warrant monetary compensation or playtime extension  for being on a server which is not on par with other servers. We are not getting what we pay for. New players cannot obtain animals, pelts, furs etc, established players cannot go hunting without having to trek for hours to find pockets where mobs still exist.

If you cannot find the cause and fix, perhaps some form of manual mob increase needs to be done in the interim while it is being sorted out. Communication on the issue is, as usual, pretty much non-existant - one we're looking into it, then nothing.

Edited by Delone
  • Like 1

I am still unsure if people just complaing becous ther are not 100 Hiorses right in front of ther gate. I remember wehn we sattl out for Cadence befor the spawn fix were we was just making a grindingoutpose for our Prists from PVP. and during the look out phase for a good point we were on a mpounin full of monsters and Horses and every one in the kingdom chat was like cring that its allredy hard to find some on cadence and we as a 6 man group are like "damn so many horses we cant ride and laed them all let kill them so we have meat to start" on one point becous no one bother to go to the less esay accesable parts of the land. I don´t want to defie this argument but with the better spawn it shuld be mutch better allredy. Maybe break into some fanced in areas without deed were clerly no on is plaing anymore and do a bit of a rampage to distribute the spawn a bit out? I know a lot of peopel have hording problem with neutral Animals. But on the other side maybe I shudl start go on some hunting on PvE and look if it is realy that bad.

1 minute ago, Radircs said:

I am still unsure if people just complaing becous ther are not 100 Hiorses right in front of ther gate. I remember wehn we sattl out for Cadence befor the spawn fix were we was just making a grindingoutpose for our Prists from PVP. and during the look out phase for a good point we were on a mpounin full of monsters and Horses and every one in the kingdom chat was like cring that its allredy hard to find some on cadence and we as a 6 man group are like "damn so many horses we cant ride and laed them all let kill them so we have meat to start" on one point becous no one bother to go to the less esay accesable parts of the land. I don´t want to defie this argument but with the better spawn it shuld be mutch better allredy. Maybe break into some fanced in areas without deed were clerly no on is plaing anymore and do a bit of a rampage to distribute the spawn a bit out? I know a lot of peopel have hording problem with neutral Animals. But on the other side maybe I shudl start go on some hunting on PvE and look if it is realy that bad.

Harmony aggressive creature count has dropped by over 8000 in the last month, to the point where there are only 3500 agro creatures on the server, of which probably a few hundred are hellhorses in pens on deeds. Cadence for comparison has 11000, and Defiance 19000. This is not players complaining that they cant find mobs, it is a steady decline day after day in the total number of creatures on the servers as shown here: https://harmony.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

For some reason we actually had a 1500 jump in spawn yesterday, which has only happened with server restarts lately, but already the numbers are falling again.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Delone said:

Fix for Harmony spawn?

The time taken to address this issue begins to warrant monetary compensation or playtime extension  for being on a server which is not on par with other servers. We are not getting what we pay for. New players cannot obtain animals, pelts, furs etc, established players cannot go hunting without having to trek for hours to find pockets where mobs still exist.

If you cannot find the cause and fix, perhaps some form of manual mob increase needs to be done in the interim while it is being sorted out. Communication on the issue is, as usual, pretty much non-existant - one we're looking into it, then nothing.

A potential fix is in todays update, but we are continuing to look into it. 

Communication hasn't happened much as it's not an issue with the ongoing need to communicate unfortunately! 

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

A potential fix is in todays update, but we are continuing to look into it. 

Communication hasn't happened much as it's not an issue with the ongoing need to communicate unfortunately! 

An issue that is rendering an entire servers state of play as sub par does not have a need for communication. That would have to be the least professional statement I have ever read here, and there have been a few that have had me shake my head. 

Staggered. 

Meanwhile, no rifts for the new servers, you don't have the skills yet. - Harmony cannot even hope to get them when there is nothing to fight, guess we get to wait longer than the other servers.

New players finding the game lacks content and reflected in Steam reviews as the entire PvE part of the game is pretty much non existent on Harmony currently. 

"A potential fix is in todays update, but we are continuing to look into it. "  <- Right there is a potential piece of communication, but it was not even mentioned until prompted, just like the Fo rite fix was not mentioned till prompted. 

*Throws hands in the air in disgust, wanders off to bang head on a wall*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delone said:

An issue that is rendering an entire servers state of play as sub par does not have a need for communication. That would have to be the least professional statement I have ever read here, and there have been a few that have had me shake my head. 

Staggered. 

Meanwhile, no rifts for the new servers, you don't have the skills yet. - Harmony cannot even hope to get them when there is nothing to fight, guess we get to wait longer than the other servers.

New players finding the game lacks content and reflected in Steam reviews as the entire PvE part of the game is pretty much non existent on Harmony currently. 

"A potential fix is in todays update, but we are continuing to look into it. "  <- Right there is a potential piece of communication, but it was not even mentioned until prompted, just like the Fo rite fix was not mentioned till prompted. 

*Throws hands in the air in disgust, wanders off to bang head on a wall*

Apologies, What I mean is that there's not been updates for it, it's known and is being treated as a critical bug, but has not been an issue with information to update. A fix is going in today that should hopefully resolve it

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As any one who works in communication will be happy to confirm, there is no such thing as "communication not happening". When you do not reply to a topic for weeks, it is also a form of communication, meaning it does send a message. 
Even posting something like "we are still working on it; bear with us". "we know this is hard for you, please be patient, we are very sorry" etc. does help. Of course the information content is low, but it does tell us as a playerbase that you do care about us. 

On the other hand, posting something only when there is new information is bad communication policy. 

• Like 4

I don't see this opinion expressed too much so I will say: Please don't add too many incentives to play on pvp. Wurm pvp is not everyones cup of tea. If you make it the meta for pve players to have to play on pvp you undermine the effort of those who are here solely for pve. Instead of going to pvp, I for one would more likely just lose interest in wurm and play a lot less altogether. Just take a look at what happened on Jackal.

Personally, I had a blast on Jackal, but the skillgain that transferred over there was something less than 10%? It was practically a punishment incentive-wise to play over there, once the skill transfer was known to be abysmal, I went from playing 6-10+ hours a day, to never playing Jackal again. When I went back to freedom, did I start playing there again? No, I played about 5 minutes on SFI in the last year, just to check the jackal skins. Incentivizing is not a zero-sum game, you don't get people to play a different game-type by making one game-type more rewarding than the other, in-fact, you may get the opposite, players just quitting. If you want a game-type to be popular, you need to make it fun, maybe change some things about it to reach a bigger audience, making it so the only way to make meaningful progress is to play a game-type you don't like? Well that's a recipe to get some people to quit. Having different game types is great, but skill-gain should be equal across all servers that share a character's skillset, imo a few perks like skins is more than enough. Let the player choose what they think is most entertaining to them. A little sleep bonus at first to get players to try it out, fine. I started out on epic, I played it 2 years, I learned that my favorite aspects of wurm, were the pve parts, not the pvp parts. There's very little point in trying to force a player like me to play on the pvp server, there's a reason epic cluster has like 2 players on it, it's not that the ~2x xp bonus wasn't enough... 

Edited by Aldurair
  • Like 2

One patch note that may be worth mentioning in the VALREI INTERNATIONAL:

Valrei scenarios have been added to Defiance.
Defiance will be running it’s own Valrei map

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aldurair said:

I don't see this opinion expressed too much so I will say: Please don't add too many incentives to play on pvp. Wurm pvp is not everyones cup of tea. If you make it the meta for pve players to have to play on pvp you undermine the effort of those who are here solely for pve. Instead of going to pvp, I for one would more likely just lose interest in wurm and play a lot less altogether. Just take a look at what happened on Jackal.

Personally, I had a blast on Jackal, but the skillgain that transferred over there was something less than 10%? It was practically a punishment incentive-wise to play over there, once the skill transfer was known to be abysmal, I went from playing 6-10+ hours a day, to never playing Jackal again. When I went back to freedom, did I start playing there again? No, I played about 5 minutes on SFI in the last year, just to check the jackal skins. Incentivizing is not a zero-sum game, you don't get people to play a different game-type by making one game-type more rewarding than the other, in-fact, you may get the opposite, players just quitting. If you want a game-type to be popular, you need to make it fun, maybe change some things about it to reach a bigger audience, making it so the only way to make meaningful progress is to play a game-type you don't like? Well that's a recipe to get some people to quit. Having different game types is great, but skill-gain should be equal across all servers that share a character's skillset, imo a few perks like skins is more than enough. Let the player choose what they think is most entertaining to them. A little sleep bonus at first to get players to try it out, fine. I started out on epic, I played it 2 years, I learned that my favorite aspects of wurm, were the pve parts, not the pvp parts. There's very little point in trying to force a player like me to play on the pvp server, there's a reason epic cluster has like 2 players on it, it's not that the ~2x xp bonus wasn't enough... 

Well said.

Just because PVP needs a continuous feed of "fresh meat" doesn't mean wurm should shift to a pvp game. I think we would see an exponential drop in numbers overall if that happened.

1 hour ago, Delone said:

Fix for Harmony spawn?

My Leatherworking has lagged due to lack of hides.  I've had to start harvesting 1speed horses.   I've resorted to breeding pigs should I run out of pork meat for pizzas.  Really, the spawns on Harmony are. not. right. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aldurair said:

Please don't add too many incentives to play on pvp. Wurm pvp is not everyones cup of tea. If you make it the meta for pve players to have to play on pvp you undermine the effort of those who are here solely for pve

not to worry the mere mention of pvp scares away 95% of players so even if everyone was given every single advantage under the sun the majority of people would still go to pve

pve has a whole bunch of incentives to playing there but equalling out the field is getting backlash is hilarious

• Like 2

So first this are the compleat notes: https://www.wurmonline.com/2020/10/23/ (the bot to push it to the forum is a bit slow :P)

The main problem is that thanks to you don´t need to be a follower from anything but Vynora (so esay time to reach the 20 faith becous you dont shift to often) you have the meditation path lvl 11 from Knolage (currently no one will have it but it will be a option for the first one soon) On top you can do some free romin no fear of geting ganked if you are in the smaller Kingdoms were you are a affinety farm for the other Players. So Playing PvP have a more dangerus edge to it AND is behind in skill gain. So currently the incentive is on PvE therfore. I think PvP servers as a option have a highter reward in form of skill gain or Progress in some form becous its more dangerus to do stuff outside of your deed. I dont think it shuld be huge but it shuld exist so peopel are more drawn to give it a try and be more willing to risk ther gear and some skill in PvP. Its ok if the bonus is not big compare to PvE but it shuld be on the PvP side in my opinion not on the PvE side like its currently.

Edited by Radircs

Just now, icenrns said:

WHAT ABOUT CHAOS     y no changes 

Play on Defiance 😛 

35 minutes ago, Aldurair said:

I don't see this opinion expressed too much so I will say: Please don't add too many incentives to play on pvp. 

There's a reason that opinion isn't expressed too often. Why would you be against improvements being made to any part of the game? Just because that part doesn't appeal to you?

There's very little point in trying to force a player like me to play on the pvp server

Adding incentives for people to play on PvP servers isn't forcing you to do anything. Balancing the playing field by giving people who want to PvP the ability to play on PvP servers without disadvantaging themselves is not going to negatively affect you.

there's a reason epic cluster has like 2 players on it, it's not that the ~2x xp bonus wasn't enough... 

There's a million reasons Epic's not doing too well, and the skill gain bonus isn't one of them.

• Like 2

free lootboxes??

Aggressive non domestic/zombie creatures you kill will have a chance to give out an item when killing them. (Defiance Only)

• Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.

• The chance for this will be dependent on the CR of the creature and will be an uncommon drop.

• This will not happen inside the safe zones or on settlements.

Slash a "bear"(well hopefully champs in local..), sacrifice it, ressurect it, kill it for loot, move on to next on a loop just hunting outside of safezones, aka anywhere you hunt just keep lootboxing, sounds fun

on a 2nd note.. this one worries me 'a bit':

"Barding speed reduction made more consistent."