Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 096

VI.png

Road Through Marketplace - Demonanightshade

Greetings Wurmians! 

We're back with another Valrei International! This week, we're covering changes coming in tomorrow's update and what's been going on outside as well! 

Sleep bonus

as previously mentioned, this update will include 10 hours sleep bonus given out to all accounts as a way of compensating for incredible patience you all showed as we dealt with the launch on Steam! This update will also include the merging of the sleep bonus pool across Freedom and Defiance on the Northern Freedom Isles.

Return of the Community Streams

After a period of rework, we will be coming back with weekly streams! 

Planned time is at midday server time, (UTC+1). We'll be working with guests from VEN, devs (if I can wrangle them) and people from the player base too, so times may change week to week to accommodate guests! 

Retros guide how to do stuff well.

A video tutorial series will be undergoing design as I work on addressing a few key areas new players could do with some more hands-on. It's a work in progress but I will be sharing some content on it as time goes on for feedback!

Priest favor rework

After time spent taking on feedback with the issues in the revamped system, and working with others on test, the tweaks to the priest favor system will be going live too! The details are:

• Pending favor is added to current favor at a slightly faster rate, to better compete with the new shorter sacrifice timer.
  • Sacrificing a creature will now add to the pending favor pool in the same manner as sacrificing items.
  • There is a delay of 10 minutes between sacrificing an item/creature and the pending favor pool decaying when not actively adding to your favor. The decay rate is also significantly slower but increases over time.
  • (PvP) Pending favor no longer adds to current favor with enemies in local.
  • The "Get Price" action can now be used on an altar, telling the player how much favor the altar's god would give for the items inside.

These additions are designed to cut down on the repetitive actions of sacrificing and allow priests to focus on what's important, shattering rare items. 

Rites of passage

With the number of priests on the new cluster, we're noticing that there is an incredibly short timeframe between rites, which while gives lots of sleep bonus, is not the intention of the system. 

To work with this, and to allow people to continue to work towards rites, we'll be introducing a dynamic power system. 

Rites will be able to be cast from a significantly lower favor pool than currently,  but with each successive cast within six months of the last cast, the favor pool requirement will go up. This requirement will scale over time, with the cost of casting one month after the previous cast being higher than the cost of casting five months after the last cast being lower. 

Sermons will also accurately provide the favor the deity needs to cast the rite on that server. 

This change also means smaller servers will be able to cast more frequently, as the starting pool is now lower. 

PvP changes

A massive range of PvP changes are coming in today's update as well, as the result of the previous PvP discussions. 

The full notes can be found below:

• Spoiler

• Weapons/Armour/Toolbelts/Horse gear will increase in quality upto 75 much quicker when improving them to speed up people gearing groups for pvp after a loss.(Defiance Only)

• Roaming Depo(Defiance Only)

• Same spawn rules as battle camps.

• Will announce when it spawns on twitter/event tab.

• Will first spawn with no indication of where it is, after 5 hours of not being claimed it will give off the effect from the old depo to better help locate it.

• You claim the loot with a 5 minute action on the depo, after which the depo will vanish until it respawns again.

• Spawns 24-30 hours after the last one vanishes.

• Claim Reward

• 3 lumps of adamantine or glimmersteel(picked randomly)

• 5 sleep powders.

• 3 75QL horse sets(Shoes/Saddles).

• Chances these sets will come with varying degrees of WOA precast on them.

• Upgraded Chest Loot(Elevation/Defiance/Chaos)

• The first person to open a rare chest spawn after it spawns will receive between 1-3 hours of sleep bonus depending on the loot roll of the chest.

• Hota Changes(Elevation/Defiance)

• 6 battle camps spawn at the same time all over the map with no location information anymore.

• First to 4 captures wins.

• First to capture a camp after spawning receives a few pieces of moon metal. Captures after will not give any more.

• Happens 40 hours after the last event finished.

• Your kingdom is alerted in event tabs when an enemy kingdom steps onto a battle camp, it will not say what kingdom but will say which battle camp. This message cannot happen more than once every 30 minutes.

• Building inside battle camps when you have it claimed still provide all the protections from before.

• Pendulums will still help find them but will have the range at which they do adjusted to make them a bit harder to find.

• Increased raid windows for lager deeds over 50x50 tiles total in size to 8 hours to give more time to raid larger deeds. 

• Safe zones/deeds smaller than 40x40 stay unchanged.

• Scorn no longer heals non tamed creatures.(All Servers)

• Shield bash will have a separate easier roll to just cancel actions that may be interrupted along with the roll to stun.(All Servers)

• Equipping or unequipping a piece of armour will cancel any spells/archery actions currently being cast.(All Servers).

• Tangle weave cooldown reduced to 60 seconds/ favor cost reduced back to 15.(All Servers)

• Random teleport will always take you onto land.(All Servers)

• Increased healing resistance again.(All PvP Servers)

• Aggressive non domestic/zombie creatures you kill will have a chance to give out an item when killing them. (Defiance Only)

• Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.

• The chance for this will be dependent on the CR of the creature and will be an uncommon drop.

• This will not happen inside the safe zones or on settlements.

Bug Fixes

• Can no longer use shaker orbs above ground on underground tiles.
    • Graves no longer sink on water.
    • Recall corpse now has a 15 min cooldown after death for defiance.
    • Phantasms should no longer make you target creatures your riding.
    • Uniques on defiance now drop 3 res stones in replacement of tomes.
    • Barding speed reduction made more consistent.

That’s not all though, Halloween is just around the corner, and it wouldn’t be Wurm without something spooky up our sleeves, you’ll have to wait to find out though!

Until next time, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & The Wurm Team

• Like 8

BIG PVP CHANGES!!!!!! (except chaos)

Why is Chaos being pushed aside. The only excuse I've heard is "well defiance is more popular"... okay then why does elevation get all the changes too?

Then I heard ... "THE REWARDS! They might get on freedom!"    A 90ql shortsword? and sleep powder? .... There is no reason why Chaos is getting absolutely ignored and ALL OF THE OTHER PVP SERVERS get changes. That's directly ignoring Chaos and when asked why Chaos doesn't get the changes there's actually been no reason other than. We didn't want to.

Edited by Beastwolf
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

10 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Phantasms should no longer make you target creatures your riding.

That wasn't the issue, it was the range that was the biggest issue. It should be you should have to be in combat to use a spell like that.

As in, yesterday, I had someone cast phantasms on me and said person was like 10-15 tiles away without me being able to break the spell

Edited by Carmichael
  • Like 1

Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.

what lol

Will this update also include the fix to the Genesis on Holy Crop cast?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Will more commonly be sleep powder, but can sometimes be a random high quality weapon also.

what lol

congratz on winning heres a 90ql shortsword ..... now leave lmfao

13 minutes ago, LynD said:

Will this update also include the fix to the Genesis on Holy Crop cast?

Yes

• Like 2

I would also like to see every other weekend skill/affinity bonus increase!!!!

Phantasms should no longer make you target creatures your riding.

wasn't it already like this?

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

There is a delay of 10 minutes between sacrificing an item/creature and the pending favor pool decaying when not actively adding to your favor. The decay rate is also significantly slower but increases over time.

I don't understand this at all, or the need for it, maybe in pvp world there needs to be a delay but why in pve?

Just now, Dups said:

I don't understand this at all, or the need for it, maybe in pvp world there needs to be a delay but why in pve?

This is good for both servers, you might have misread it. It means that for 10 minutes, your pending favor will not decay, not that you can't get it at all.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to these PvP changes! Thanks devs!

7 minutes ago, RainRain said:

This is good for both servers, you might have misread it. It means that for 10 minutes, your pending favor will not decay, not that you can't get it at all.

Ok ya I read it wrong I understand it now thank you

Edited by Dups

2 minutes ago, Dups said:

I read it as after I sac items and I cast my 500 favor (max) worth of spells I then have to wait 10 minutes from the last time I sacrificed items before I can sacrifice more to get more favor to cast again. Is that not correct?

It's not.

What the note is saying is that after you sac items, and you have let's say 400 pending favor, those 400 pending favor won't begin to decay until 10 minutes after the last time you sacrificed.

"Decay" is just when favor is wasted because you have maximum favor and the pending favor cant refill your current favor.

Edited by RainRain
  • Like 1

Shared sleep bonus pools. Roam defiance. Get sleep bonus from chest or hota/whatever, go spend on pve with skilling bonus. This may create even more of a reason to go skill on Pve for me since you can take a pvp roam incentive freedom. Maybe it will increase kills of roamers. whos to say. I suspect many ppl will just take their defiance sleep bonus to freedom

Edited by Melros

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Can no longer use shaker orbs above ground on underground tiles.

so we cant shaker entrances closed?

• Like 1

Interesting changes, as OR already asked about the shaker orb, consider consequences for legendary hunts when you cannot close a mine from outside (or is that meant differently?).

What I am missing a bit was a hint to

In the old times, major Impalongs like that were announced in VI, does it demonstrate that the "old servers" are of no significance for the team anymore?

54 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Interesting changes, as OR already asked about the shaker orb, consider consequences for legendary hunts when you cannot close a mine from outside (or is that meant differently?).

What I am missing a bit was a hint to

In the old times, major Impalongs like that were announced in VI, does it demonstrate that the "old servers" are of no significance for the team anymore?

No, just busy and missed that part

• Like 1

Thanks Retro. Would be nice if it could be mentioned in the next Wurm Official stream. Btw., for interested newbies without boats, I would offer ferry service from Xanadu to Festival Cove on Indy by my priests, either summoning them or picking them up, preferrably at Vrocks Landing (other arrangements possible on request).

Does a this 10 min timer get reset by another sacc action?

Also is it visible in some way or do I need to add another timer to my UI?

• Like 1