Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Small and medium fixes

When we activate the bucket, can we see the icon over an animal that can be milked?

When we activate the grooming brush, can we see the icon over the animal that can be groomed?

scissors/shearing

food/feeding

A tile in a mine that has collapsed may have a different texture than a normal rock tile? And it would be nice to know if this tile was up, down or just mined before collapse.

Dogs locked in the same pin with other animals should disperse the animals if they step onto same tile.

Or the shaft + rope stuck in the tile allows the animal to be tied down into that tile. Or a rope allows the animal to be tied to a wooden fence.

Wagons in third person view should become translucent so as not to block vision.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

I do see a lot of potential with more UI feedback and interaction elements being represented in the game rather than simple text or otherwise just on-screen. It would be a decent QoL change overall.

Translucent wagons, and boats for that matter. Fighting sharks or fishing at the right spot is a hassle.

For actionable animals, highlight outlines would work, but red, blue and green are already in use, so not sure what colour would be useful.  Pulsing yellow perhaps?

Animal behaviour, particularly interaction, needs a full overhaul really.  There are threads around here about that, but I am too busy lazy to find them.  Prey species should naturally avoid predator species, and animals in general should not act as if ONLY the PCs exist.

The hitching post is probably the answer most likely given for tying an animal to a tile, but really any suitable fence (timber, crude timber, roundpole, rope, iron etc) should allow hitching an animal, without the benefit of a feed trough.  A stake, being a peg and a rope planted in the ground, would be a nice addition.  

I don't use 3rd person much, mostly because so many things block vision.  I think translucency could help, but only if it can be toggled.

All of those are great but if i understand how it works is when we right-click on an animal, with correct tool activated, a query is sent to the server to check what can we do to it with this specific tool and a set of RMB options is returned based on the state of the animal. This is why we get the "refreshing" when we are lagging. Server is not returning a simple single query within reasonable time.

If this was to work the way we want it to, each of the animals within visible range (hundreds per character sometimes) would have to poll all those details at least once every couple of seconds.

Multiply that by number of players seeing or potentially seeing each animal.

I hope i'm wrong and this can be done but without causing every member of a village to lag to death because there are few hundred animals in local.

+number from me if this can be dome without causing lag.

13 hours ago, Locath said:

All of those are great but if i understand how it works is when we right-click on an animal, with correct tool activated, a query is sent to the server to check what can we do to it with this specific tool and a set of RMB options is returned based on the state of the animal. This is why we get the "refreshing" when we are lagging. Server is not returning a simple single query within reasonable time.

If this was to work the way we want it to, each of the animals within visible range (hundreds per character sometimes) would have to poll all those details at least once every couple of seconds.

Multiply that by number of players seeing or potentially seeing each animal.

I hope i'm wrong and this can be done but without causing every member of a village to lag to death because there are few hundred animals in local.

+number from me if this can be dome without causing lag.

Make it simple and apply to branded animals and on player deed and perimeter.