Sign in to follow this  
Hwesta

Beverage affinities?

Is there something similar to wurmfood.com for beverages or even just a list of what various modifiers things add? I think they're the same as food, but that site doesn't include items that can only be put into beverages like milk or camelias, or what effect the different wood types have on wine.

i generally wouldn't recommend trying to make affinity food from drinks as the timers for the variable recipes are extremely low (the most complex being teas which can have herb/sugar/honey/milk) and while you can make alcohols with long timers, you cant change their affinities (since the unfermented -> fermented process is considered a cooking action, thus you'll always have the same affinity from each alcohol)

I thought the barrel the wood scrap wood lead to different affinities for wines? That should be 15 * 10 combos, right (not counting rares)? Or do all wines come out the same.

3 hours ago, Hwesta said:

I thought the barrel the wood scrap wood lead to different affinities for wines? That should be 15 * 10 combos, right (not counting rares)? Or do all wines come out the same.

The different individual alcoholic drinks should come out differently (i.e white wine and red wine will have diff affinities) but you cant make a single alcohol come out with two different ones

except beer, but beer is weird

Edited by RainRain

The type of wood scraps definitely give the wines different affinities, but it looks like the barrels don't :( So that's still 10 varieties for each color of wine. I wonder if barrel rarity matters as that would further increase the variation. (Wood scrap rarity almost certainly wood, but there's no way to get a bunch of those, whereas the barrel can be re-used.)

Woodscrap will work for anything you don't distill, for those that you do all you have is the still rarity.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:10 AM, RollyPolly said:

Woodscrap will work for anything you don't distill, for those that you do all you have is the still rarity.

Other than wine, what are the other possible things? It's looking like the affinities I get from white wine and are... not great.

16 hours ago, Hwesta said:

Other than wine, what are the other possible things? It's looking like the affinities I get from white wine and are... not great.

can make fruit brandies and gins, should give some variety expecialy if you have rare and supreme still although a lot of affinities overlap. so will still get limited amount of affinities you can cover with beverages

There are over 500 different varieties of beverage, and together they cover all the possible affinities. 

If you want to know what drink(s) affect what skills for you, I can sell you that info and the related drink.

1. There are cooking recipe lists out there on the web.

2. You can use WU playing as a GM and it will reveal all the recipes included with WU. From what I can tell they are very close if not the same.

3. A modder could likely change WU recipes so they are by default known to all.

herb tea is a good beverage for affinities

cooked in oven or campfire with a pottery bowl or cauldron.

required: water + chopped herb

zero or one: sugar, maple syrup, honey

zero or one: lemon juice, any milk

I'm positive folks would help you  figure out affinities, for free coarse, for your skills if you provid details on the specific recipe.

As stated you can use wood scraps to affect the things like beers that aren't distilled.  That said I've seen overlapping affinities for different beers/wood scraps.  And the timers are on non-distilled stuff are kinda low. When you can make 20 hour foods in a bite and even 90+ brandy or what not nets you only about 2 hours a sip.  You can drink while full though so that helps.   You also can drink unfermented/distilled stuff, or could its been a while since I tried, for different affinities but they have really bad timers. 

LOL

unreliably short timers to make use of beverages, also variety for these is quite limited, no complex recipes to scale much