Sign in to follow this  
Ehizellbob

100 Scythe

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Grain Reaper sounds better ...

But grats ...

Taking your grains to the afterlife in style

• Like 2

Not gonna lie, grim reaper would be boring and cliche. 

Bob is also far from grim, she's far too excited by the harvesting of souls. 

• Like 7

@Ehizellbob Aw...

Anyway Reaper (Death) does not reap souls, it reaps lives, it has roots in Greek mythology where the Moira Atropos cut the thread of a human life with scissors, to free the soul from the mortal coil, so I think every person not knowing your story will be like "what the heck does that mean?", several people tried to tell you that this title might be not the best choice.

I think in game titles should be chosen by the development team with the consultation of the whole community, as we all play the game and achieve them, and they are part of our game play and many of high titles even achieved are not worn because they are simply silly (and it is not just my opinion, I know it from my conversations with old high level players who were e.g. working on my deed). 

Anyway this is my opinion, you can agree or not (you obviously don't heh). What can I say...poor souls, I would prefer to be reaped just once upon my death, double reaping is not acceptable. :D

Edited by Platyna

There aren't many games where the players can leave such a permanent mark for all future players to see.  This is one and to remove this coveted prize would be a terrible shame.  Earn the title rights if you want the name your way. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

There aren't many games where the players can leave such a permanent mark for all future players to see.  This is one and to remove this coveted prize would be a terrible shame.  Earn the title rights if you want the name your way. 

Well the skills that interest me and which I aim to get level 100 are already named (and both of these names are silly, rather I am not going to ever use them). All people reaching level 100 do the same enormous work, so why just one gets a prize? Not to mention that what they will choose affects all others. 

This is why more fair it would be for a development team to choose, after consultation. 

Edited by Platyna

6 minutes ago, Platyna said:

All people reaching level 100 do the same enormous work, so why just one gets a prize? Not to mention that what they will choose affects all others. 

For a start, they don't. Some skills have higher difficulty than others so no, not everyone does the same enormous work, but beyond that many skills require a different style of play to grind. 

Secondly, this game is about making your mark for future generations to see, as Wurmhole has said here (very well put). Be it in terraforming, design or titles. Some are more permanent than others, and so they should be. You have no idea the monumental effort required to even get an easy skill to 100 until you've done it. So yes, in my opinion, the first person to achieve this in the entire history of the game deserves to name the title. Regardless, my thread for reaching a goal of such magnitude is not the place for discussing this so please, if you hate it so much take your ideas into a suggestions post rather than further derailing mine. 

15 minutes ago, Platyna said:

This is why more fair it would be for a development team to choose, after consultation

FYI the development team has the final say on if a title makes it into the game or not. If they don't like it, it doesn't get in and I can assure you this has happened before to friends in-game. And if you really must know, prior to getting the 100 title I ran ideas past staff and they agreed it was a suitable choice.

Just because you personally don't like a title choice, does not give you the right to change it. Why not just be happy for the person for achieving a damn hard to do thing which took YEARS to achieve and keep your opinions to yourself. If I didn't like your username I'd not be taking a crap all over you telling of it's origins, if I didn't like the name you gave your deed or your pet champion rhino or whatever I'd mind my own business because it's not my choice. Why not have the devs screen usernames and deed names while we're at it and take a mass poll to ensure everyone agrees before letting them play the game cause it might affect me riding past in local...

As I said previously, it's not up for debate. The title is Reaper of Souls. Like it or leave it.

• Like 8

I think the title's pretty metal.

Grats Robert ❤️

• Like 3

I think you misinterpret what I said and take it too emotionally. Several people told you why your choice might be not the best one. No need to be so aggressive about it, we are just discussing, discussions are healthy for people.Not to mention I just joined an ongoing discussion about the title, I didn't start it. 

No one tells you not to leave a mark or wants to remove your prize. I just said that features in game that affects us all, and all the future players should be chosen differently. A title in the game should be something you are proud to put on, even if you do not share the sense of humour or memories of a certain item with its creator, and they should be more professional than funny IMHO and should fit more in the lore of the game and role-playing. For example, despite all my love to Pink Floyd... "Another brick in the wall" - is that a title? Seriously? 

Maybe some nice item such as a [Skill name] Master Cape would be better as a reward than making a choice that will affect all other achievers in that skill. 

I have a right to my opinion which I stated politely and provided argumentation why I think that, and you have a right to yours. 

My opinion about your title doesn't mean I think your achievement is not impressive, it is, and I like your tapestry. 🙂 

Edited by Platyna

7 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Several people told you why your choice might be not the best one. No need to be so aggressive about it, we are just discussing, discussions are healthy for people.

I think you misinterpret. There is no discussion on this matter and there shouldn't be. It's my choice. The title was chosen and agreed on by devs before this thread was created, in-fact I made sure I had approval before making the post, not to mention encouragement from alliance and friends. Way more than those who've said they don't like it.

3 minutes ago, Platyna said:

I have a right to my opinion which I stated politely and provided argumentation why it is like that and you have a right to yours. 

Thank you for your input which I will whole heartedly ignore and thank your for your acknowledgement of my achievement. As I said, there's no discussion to be had. Go make another thread for opinions on other 100 titles if you feel so strongly about it. My 100 skill thread is not the place for it. 

I'm done here.

• Like 8

Slightly late to the party, but congratulations - well earned, and an awesome title!

• Like 4