Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Larks with the Lads...er...Trolls.

Well, we had some excitement in Harvestmoon Lagoon last night (at least last night in UTC+10).  

Someone had penned a couple of champion trolls either side of our main cave's eastern entrance.  It seems that dominate wore off or something because the village alarm kept going off and local kept lighting up with the templar battle cries.  There were only two of us on at the time and we both decided to investigate.  Allantwine got there before me as I had started a circuit of the perimeter before I remembered the penned champs.  When I arrived, one troll was already dead and the other was out of the pen and going after Allantwine.  Neither of us had FS worth anything so it made short work of Allantwine (I think I saw it actually stomp him into the ground) and came after me.  I employed my favourite move.  I bravely run away.  Since he didn't have much trouble keeping up it was a running fight through the streets as I headed for the nearest tower I could easily remember and got the guards on him.  When he ran out of them I started to lead him to the next, but by then more templars had generated so he stood his ground. A nicely reinvigorated Allantwine was again in the fray, too.

With nothing but default moves, and enough templars to absorb most of the attacks, we brought him down.  Allantwine went home to jump in a tub of cotton (I had brought a cotton ball the size of my head, so staunched my bleeding on the spot), while I got some bricks to repair Ultradude's fence, and then buried half a dozen or so dead guards.   Work on my knarr for the night was well and truly interrupted - I think I attached only 2 or 3 rivets - but hey, when adventure is at the back gate, what are you going to do?

• Like 7

Hey cool story :) So that is what happened to those two trolls.  We were talking about it in the village chat yesterday when you were not on.  Was wondering what happened to them.

That and the litter of dead guards in someones backyard 💀

• Like 1

I did think about carting the guard bodies over to the trophy case bridge.

As of a couple of hours ago Allantwine's body was still over where the trolls were penned.

• Like 1

You should keep telling us stories of wurm life.if acompanied by vids or drawing would be alot better👌

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 6:50 AM, Zarame said:

You should keep telling us stories of wurm life.if acompanied by vids or drawing would be alot better👌

Thanks.  I have told a few in a few different places; mostly they are the funny ways my character dies, but this time I think I was the only who didn't die at least once.  On that note, why do I find being chased by a series of increasingly deadly creatures so hilarious?

I have thought about starting a "Day in the Life" type thread but not sure whether to lob it in Scribe's Corner or somewhere else. 

(I partly chose this subforum to demonstrate that despite reports of our death, there are shenanigans to be had in the South  😉)

EDIT:  PS.  As most of our villagers were not on when it all went off, I also thought there was a minor mystery for them to solve.  A giant troll lying dead in the street in the middle of town is a bit noticable.

Edited by TheTrickster

I believe videos of an interpertive dance of the story would also be acceptable as well as drawings.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

My gear isn't up to capturing Wurm (it is barely up to delivering Wurm) to make a vid.  I can't draw to save myself.  Give me a ruler and I can get an almost-straight line.  I won't dance, don't ask me.  

But... a graphic element would be great.  I reckon comic strip format would be good, or even Far Side style single panel in some cases....

hmm.....  (that noise is my braingears grinding).  💡  oooOOOOOooohh.  I think I will pop my stories into the creative commons with a challenge for others to produce a strip/panel that captures the story.  Stay tuned...

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

nooooo... my poor troll guards.. oh well, i guess champ scorps wont bash walls so maybe i switch to them

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Llawnroc said:

nooooo... my poor troll guards.. oh well, i guess champ scorps wont bash walls so maybe i switch to them

Still not sure if it bashed the fenced or glitched up the slope.

EDIT:  Checked it out.  Fence bashed.  The other looks to have died in captivity.

Edited by TheTrickster

Funny story I enjoyed, but my condolescences to Llawnwroc as it is some effort to find and dom the trolls, happy he takes it with humour. More generally spoken, a guard tower in vicinity to zoo creatures may be a major threat to them as tower guards neither respect pens, locked gates, not even houses (templars do). Some even use that feature for vandalizing zoos. An ally had to remove a guard tower near his deed and rebuild it at a more distant place as some vandal made fun out of that.

These trolles were cared for and branded, i didn't realize they would bash.. thought it was only uniques that would bash, and i didn't bother looking at the wiki or i would've learned. poor villager =/

On 11/9/2020 at 11:51 PM, Llawnroc said:

These trolles were cared for and branded, i didn't realize they would bash.. thought it was only uniques that would bash, and i didn't bother looking at the wiki or i would've learned. poor villager =/

Possibly someone aggroed them and then they bashed.  I don't know.

That champion scorp is prolly still down the coast.

Heheh.  Allan didn't bury his corpse, and it didn't decay much, so when it released I had a little "Weekend at Bernie's" fun leaving him around the village. He disappeared from under the bench near the token, so either someone buried him or he finally decayed.

If they aren't dominated they seek way out and bash fencing/walls, you just had to create or imp the fencing to higher ql and maintain the effective ql.

..time for more penned champs

• Like 1