Sign in to follow this  
preach2me

Priest Changes (Defiance PvP)

At current it has become meta to be a priest in pvp and is on its way to becoming standard. I suggested these short term solutions to be applied while we await a much larger overhaul to faith:

1. Change sermon bonus from resets prays- to offer a reduction on spell casts cost. (helps reduce gear up time and makes becoming a priest a longer term harder goal).

2.Tangleweave becomes an AOE spell block to all priests in the area (including your own), power/10 second before they can cast again, with a resistance to having this done again to effected priests = to the time stopped.  Range = 5x5+1 per linked priest

(This will become a tactical use and have strong implication to using it, reduced the priest number gap without nullifying it. It then adds a positional element to being a priest)

3. Combat spells that do damage to an enemy should apply a debuff that stops natural favour regen (slows down spell spam, making using your favour or having gems more valuable.)

4. Gems debuff you be a reduced amount received for each gem you have used recently. 10*Number of Gems in passed 10seconds (using a gem resets this counter.)

Bonus (Not suggested as a main change, more to have a primary combat priest)

5. Kingdom tiles change for court Magus, Shamman - No Debuff for gem use. Adds a new powerful, combat related update to this title.

Flavour (Not sugested out of balance, but more flavour to statuette and material uses)

5. Statuette materials update gives a buff on casts: 
Gold +power (0.25 per 5ql) (General improves ability to produced pvp ready gear (e.g. Woa horse gear)
Silver -cost and Difficulty ( 1%/10)  (lowers costs and makes pvp enchantments attainable to lower channeling priests)
Electrum - reduced casting time and cooldown recovery rate (1%per4ql). (Lowers time taken between geneis or artifact locates, adds a variable to combat casting)

I'm not apposed to any of these changes but two things I want to add. Have soul str matter toward spell resistance more. And in order to cast a spell a statute needs to be equipped; why should you have to do it with archery and not spellcasting. Also perhaps a new skill that is based off damage. A desecration skill that dictates spellcasting via players. Aka channeling is chance to succeed the spell and desecration is the roll for damage on a different formula with a hard cap. (Perhaps bene allows you to go 5 over this cap)

2 hours ago, preach2me said:

At current it has become meta to be a priest in pvp and is on its way to becoming standard.

it was always standard as long as wurm's alive. Priest for pvp, crafter for pve. instead of winging about it just deal with it. its like a "profession" equivalent in other mmo's. if you choose an archer you wont be a tank and vice versa. Same here: you want pvp - you take a priest. want to craft also? create another toon and craft. its 2 different professions and im personally long sick with ppl constantly crying about it that priests have an edge in pvp. like really? if you didnt know non-priests have a huge edge in crafting. 

thats one. second thing is you actually suggesting some major overhaul on a server, thats basically new so new ppl still join it. making such changes now like making it harder to be a priest or grind it up will just make a huge disbalance between pre-change players and post-change ones. 

• Like 1

I'd like it so that when tangleweave is cast it blocks all spells across the northern cluster for (power/10) hours

2 hours ago, steamedlunch said:

id like a high alchemy spell that is unlocked at 55 faith

what about a spell that turns corpses into food? like bones into... blueberries?

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

you want pvp - you take a priest

pretty much the point. thanks for adding confirmation.

1 hour ago, Olloch said:

what about a spell that turns corpses into food? like bones into... blueberries?

thats called a butchering knife