Sign in to follow this  
Tythiss

Bashing Wagoner Containers. Sometimes they deserve it.

RIght now, there are waggoneers, taking jobs from lowly wurmians just trying to eek out a living. The only skills these poor peasants have is a heartbeat the the ability to drive a large cart. So I say take it to the waggoneers!

We should be able to bash their containers! It is made of wood, gets in the way and can be secured. We should be able to hack them into pieces and fuel the fire that is our rage.

I suggest we allow players to bash wagoner containers, as they can meddle with the highway system.

• Like 1

We shouldn't, this would be the end of pickup waystones that improve deliveries all over the Wurm. There is already too much highway vandalism going on. Am I descending into madness or you just wrote that we should bash wagoners containers because wagoners are stealing jobs from players? This is actually an argument against bashing them. And how a wagoner container can "meddle" with a highway system? 

you say: Sometimes they deserve it.

When do they deserv it ?

Wagoners sit in their lavish camps, filling the nearby chat with pointless dribble about eating and sleeping, only bothering to "transport" goods if their absurd prices and safety demands are met. Think about how much copper you're robbing from a player with no skills under his belt but 20.1 Mind Logic, one who would gladly drive his cart into the 30 slope forest with no armor or lantern for a fraction of the cost.

+1. When i moved into wurm, I came here because it was a land of opportunity. My first job? Carrying heavy crates up and down a hill to a nearby village.

Wagoners stole that job and work it for free now, and I can't even feed my children.

I never expected that "stealing jobs" thing to be imported into Wurm. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Platyna said:

We shouldn't, this would be the end of pickup waystones that improve deliveries all over the Wurm. There is already too much highway vandalism going on. Am I descending into madness or you just wrote that we should bash wagoners containers because wagoners are stealing jobs from players? This is actually an argument against bashing them. And how a wagoner container can "meddle" with a highway system? 

Actually the pile of waggoneer containers on top of a waystone is the issue. I cannot remove the waystone and reopen a tunnel that has collapsed. The tunnel shares a border with the waystone and it under the highway protection.  So there should be an alternative to waiting until the containers reach 75 damage so I can move them then tear out the waystone. You are descending into madness as the hook of the post was waggoneers stealing jobs, the argument is they meddle with altering the highway system.

3 hours ago, Maiya said:

you say: Sometimes they deserve it.

When do they deserv it ?

Right now, at least one does.

Edited by Tythiss
I wrote the pile of ... was piled on. Removed the redundancy.
  • Like 1

Filthy wagoners.

Good that we don't have them on Epic.

Amongst other things.

10 hours ago, Tythiss said:

I cannot remove the waystone and reopen a tunnel that has collapsed.

Cant GM help you with that?

Have tried a support?

Never seen piles of wagoner containers, yet both the waystone and the container bears the signature of a person who planted it, did you try to contact them? And why highway protection makes it impossible to reopen the tunnel? No idea what is the hook of the post, but if you are on SFI I may come and take a look. 

He did do a /support, I was the GM on the case. What happened here, was the waystone is directly adjacent to a rock tile, which was a collapsed tunnel entrance. When he tries to re-open the tile, he gets this message: [11:19:11] A surface highway interferes with your tunneling operation.

The reason the GMs would not step in for this case, is that the mechanics work exactly as they are implemented. A waystone prevents the tile from being open, and a wagoner container prevents the waystone from being removed. The suggestion is that rather than the only way to remove a wagoner container is by waiting for it to decay (Or by deeding over it). This would simply allow players to bash EMPTY wagoner containers to clean them up, where they prevent the waystones from being removed. This falls in line with nearly everything else off deed, aside from player housing, allowing players to (with effort) bash and remove items which are no longer wanted.

• Like 1

Hello, Shydow.

I was more than happy to keep our interactions under wraps as I did not feel it was going to be proper for me to open up with "shydow told me to."

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

Never seen piles of wagoner containers, yet both the waystone and the container bears the signature of a person who planted it, did you try to contact them? And why highway protection makes it impossible to reopen the tunnel? No idea what is the hook of the post, but if you are on SFI I may come and take a look. 

Well it is not a pile in the literal sense, but there were three of them all stacked on top of each other on top of the waystone. I did not try to contact them, but I did talk to their neighbor and she came out to help too. She had informed me that they stopped playing just shy of a year ago and she also told me to start with the support system. To answer your question; a hook, in writing, is something that grabs the readers attention and compels them to continue reading. In this case the hook of this thread is the allusion that Waggoneers are take jobs from wurmians and we have to fight for those jobs.

Edited by Tythiss
grammar, punctuation

Shydow, there are many things off deed that cannot be removed, like reinforced tiles (I know about disintegrate but this is not practical at all off-deed, unless you have an army of priests) or guard towers. Bashing pickup waystones will open a way to major griefing. In all these cases removal is possible and even easy, it just comes as at a cost - in this case it is deed creation fee. Even something so simple like changing a name of a deed costs a lot of money, as well as strongwall spell if you don't have a priest at hand so you have to buy a shaker orb etc. etc. 

Opening the entrance from the behind is also not possible?  I am intrigued so, as I said, I may come take a look if I am told where is it. I am not entirely sure, but pretty sure that wagoner containers planted on waystones do not decay. 

Tythiss I am an ASD person, I tend to understand things literally, not to mention many people are non-native English speakers, and they may also misunderstand you. 

Edited by Platyna

i'm sure people will spend half an hour bashing a 3 item object that anyone can make in 30 seconds just to grief :thinking:

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Platyna - You keep mentioning "Pickup waystones". You do not need a wagoner container at the waystone to receive items, only to send them. This would literally change nothing in terms of receiving items. The only difference, would be allowing players to remove a wagoner container, and by extension, the waystone. Wagoner containers, off deed, planted on waystones do decay, as seen by the one that was possible to remove at 75 damage. The other 2 are at significantly less damage, and thus would take a significant amount of time to decay enough to be removed naturally.

I am the neighbor that tried to help :D The owner of the deed has quit for the time being. But I still have a way to contact him. Though he sold the account that he secured the containers with (before RMT ended). So would have to find the current owner of Hexd to have the containers removed. 

11 minutes ago, Shydow said:

Platyna - You keep mentioning "Pickup waystones". You do not need a wagoner container at the waystone to receive items, only to send them. This would literally change nothing in terms of receiving items. The only difference, would be allowing players to remove a wagoner container, and by extension, the waystone. Wagoner containers, off deed, planted on waystones do decay, as seen by the one that was possible to remove at 75 damage. The other 2 are at significantly less damage, and thus would take a significant amount of time to decay enough to be removed naturally.

A pickup waystone is where wagoner pickups crates to haul. So you can jump to other server, set up a delivery and come back home quickly. There is a whole network of such waystones all over the Wurm along with public wagoners, which is extremely useful when it comes to QoL especially for people who live inland.

Edited by Platyna

Then why not bring a wagoner container with you to be sure? Seems like a poor reason to prevent players from bashing unneeded wagoner containers.

Who decides what is an unneeded wagoner container? Why not bring it with you? I am not an inventor of pickup waystones but I think I know the answer. Probably the containers are already planted because pickup waystones are heavily griefed. The waystones I am selling are usually like one to route a deed and two because someone lost their pickup waystone, and I indeed then advise to plant a container to prevent vandalism. 

Highways are already griefed a lot, they need more protection not less. 

You can remove this container, just make a deed. I wanted to get rid of a guard tower I resized the deed, paid for it, bashed the tower. Problem solved. You want to remove a reinforced tile - you deed it, you want to change the name of a deed - you pay for it etc. etc. and it is good because some things shouldn't be easily removed. 

Edited by Platyna

Shydow, there are many things off deed that cannot be removed, like reinforced tiles (I know about disintegrate but this is not practical at all off-deed, unless you have an army of priests) or guard towers. Bashing pickup waystones will open a way to major griefing. In all these cases removal is possible and even easy, it just comes as at a cost - in this case it is deed creation fee. Even something so simple like changing a name of a deed costs a lot of money, as well as strongwall spell if you don't have a priest at hand so you have to buy a shaker orb etc. etc. 

Opening the entrance from the behind is also not possible?  I am intrigued so, as I said, I may come take a look if I am told where is it. I am not entirely sure, but pretty sure that wagoner containers planted on waystones do not decay. 

Tythiss I am an ASD person, I tend to understand things literally, not to mention many people are non-native English speakers, and they may also misunderstand you. 

Nope, I have tried from both sides, same message. The tile in question is north of Thule on Xanadu, and Thule is west of Greymead. The containers do decay, there was one I could move. I just want to assist the decay rate of the other two. Lastly, being misunderstood is not something that bothers me I am perfectly fine with explaining it further as required.

Who decides what is an unneeded wagoner container? Why not bring it with you? I am not an inventor of pickup waystones but I think I know the answer. Probably the containers are already planted because pickup waystones are heavily griefed. The waystones I am selling are usually like one to route a deed and two because someone lost their pickup waystone, and I indeed then advise to plant a container to prevent vandalism. 

Highways are already griefed a lot, they need more protection not less. 

You can remove this container, just make a deed. I wanted to get rid of a guard tower I resized the deed, paid for it, bashed the tower. Problem solved. You want to remove a reinforced tile - you deed it, you want to change the name of a deed - you pay for it etc. etc. and it is good because some things shouldn't be easily removed. 

Well, clearly in this instance I decided it was unneeded and I had that confirmed by other players. I imagine it would be circumstantial with regard to the rest of waggoneer containers that are around. Placing a deed and all of that is certainly one way of doing it, the other is making a suggestion thread and seeing what happens!

I already explained what would happen if the containers would be simply bashed off by anyone.

Make it paving skill level 90 or 100 perk, that you can pickup any off deed container and replace any highway marker. 😄 Then you at least have to convince someone who knows stuff about highways to do it for you, and not many Green Party members would be willing to put their paving skill up that high (unless they really hate the highway system). 😉 

Edited by Platyna

Did you try to strongwall the save from behind and then surface mine it down from above? 

Edited by Platyna

No. I have been playing for about two months now, I do not have access to Mag spells. 

I presume that is to try and extend the area away from the protection of the waystone, so that I can tunnel. Sounds like a lot more work than bashing a few waggoneer containers.

• Like 1