Sign in to follow this  
RainRain

remove/change ebony speed bonus

make it global to all horses or remove it entirely

i want to use the objectively cool horse in pvp (black silver, of course) and i should not be punished for wanting this. it's not difficult to change your horse stock to be mainly one color

• Like 1

i didn't even have a clue that color is a speed trait nowadays, and if limited to just ebony that is plain stupid.. i mean why would we ever see any other horse color get used?

either remove it or make the color to be a duplicate of the other traits ,  at least we would see some variation between use cases like some would use heavy gear in pvp and they'd take a horse that can carry more before being slowed down, or others like to dress light and would take a faster horse  and so on.

Edited by viruskiller

the bonus is so small its fine, just ride what you want since you yourself say you like to win with what isn't meta

• Like 3

5 speed ebony vs non-ebony is like 0.1kmh faster. truly is a game changer..

-1 its such a small buff and they are pretty rare to get. So i dont see the issue.

If it's so small then why defend it so...

As of know it's literally there just to bother people with a minmax mentality. 

25 minutes ago, Vessel said:

If it's so small then why defend it so...

because its just a derp suggestion, like

5 hours ago, viruskiller said:

either remove it or make the color to be a duplicate of the other traitsat least we would see some variation

what "some variation" this suggestion provides, if they want to make everything literally SAME.  Logic over 9000

9 hours ago, Skatyna said:

because its just a derp suggestion, like

what "some variation" this suggestion provides, if they want to make everything literally SAME.  Logic over 9000

...variation in the horses that people bring to combat?

2.5% provides around ~.5km-1km faster on average. Minor sure, but enough to outrun others consistently if they use worse (read: not ebony) horses.

It's not a big issue right now because of the varied quality of horse shoes, but once people consistently start using top quality shoes/enchants it'll be light and day between ebonies and non-ebony

Edited by RainRain