Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

For the Love of God - tell us before we starve to death in Wurm

Forgive my flashy title to get people to read this post.

But please enable some unique dialogue entries in our event tab, notifications that we are about to starve to death just before "Your hunger goes away as you fast."

I have fasted so many darned times, its frustrating. Not sure if it would be worth the programming time to fix this, but for me, yes it would be a nice feature if my event tab would send a mild but detectable currant between my keyboard and the chair I'm sitting in. Maybe make the building lights flicker a bit? Or at least post, in my event tab "Your belly spasms and produces rude noises as you realize you are about to fast."

Thanks for your time.

Teeebomb

• Like 6

"Your tummy rumbles... maybe it is time to eat something?"

PLEASE

I get so busy working that I forget to eat IRL - it's a billion times easier to do exactly the same thing in Wurm. Pick a percentage & make a mechanic to remind us that if this were real, we'd be getting hungry!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

I have fasted so many darned times, its frustrating

whats frustrating about it? you just eat after you fast and you get your nutrition back, its basically a free meal with no downsides

if you didn't notice stamina regeneration being really slow for the last 45 minutes or whatever it takes for food to go from 25% to 8% idk what to say

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

whats frustrating about it? you just eat after you fast and you get your nutrition back, its basically a free meal with no downsides

if you didn't notice stamina regeneration being really slow for the last 45 minutes or whatever it takes for food to go from 25% to 8% idk what to say

the main problem here is hunger not taking into account if you are afk or doing hard work,it's the same consumption rate and is really annoying for semi afk players

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

its basically a free meal with no downsides

True. Unless, u want to nibble a pile of affinity pizzas to gain all those affinities at the same time so that u can get urself back on schedule. Once I've fasted, then there is not enough room left in my food bar to nibble all those affinities. The price is, I got to wait another 2 or 3 hours till there is enough room in my food bar to nibble all them affinities.

I guess u never ran up against this, understandable.

Last time I was chatting in Freedom chat, not actively skilling in Wurm. I was actually waiting for my food bar to lower so I could nibble 19 affinities, but missed the mark got caught up in the chatting missed and starved (fasted). That filled my food bar to over 60% and forced me to wait another 3 hours b4 I could properly food up.

Would be tremendously more simpler if my event bar notified me that u are about to, here in a minute or two, starve, maybe u should eat now.

If this does not affect you, I can understand that, np.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
  • Like 2

certain maul special attacks (echo pain and sleepwalker, both high right or left aiming)  reduces your food bar by about 50% if you're wanting to max out on affinities, waiting until your food bar is low enough to nibble 19 pizzas is certainly inconvenient

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

certain maul special attacks (echo pain and sleepwalker, both high right or left aiming)  reduces your food bar by about 50%

I did not know this and will try to find those, thanks... I been using scythe, maybe that weapon don't have those specific special moves, I will investigate those tho, thanks 🙂 

But I'm a leave this suggestion up, cause I think it just make sense we are gonna know just before we starve to death (lol, I mean fast).

• Like 3

Heh i remember playing a game awhile back, that my tummy started to make funny noises and kinda feel creepy. I been using the old fashion herbs, veggies and pork, dont think i ever got into pizza thingy. Hmm i think i had to redo every time cooking fresh batch around 12-24hrs game time. Before it goes rotten, so trying to keep my nutrition up around 74+ at all times by eating hot meal. Never had a affinities foods. But i do realize that when you eat something, you get a bonus, but only lasted for like two or maybe three seconds, that sounds like a joke and not enough time to do things to react.

2 hours ago, viruskiller said:

the main problem here is hunger not taking into account if you are afk or doing hard work,it's the same consumption rate and is really annoying for semi afk players

Don't expect the developers to work too hard to facilitate afk benefits 

How about some sort of bar that shows what your hunger is at?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Amata said:

"Your tummy rumbles... maybe it is time to eat something?"

I would love this :)

BUT untill they do anythign about it ....keep an eye on hungerbar you fast first time at 8% 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Joemog said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💜

Edited by Amata
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Joemog said:

LOL. I know we have this,  I was suggesting put some words into my event tab, just before I fast, since I miss the hunger bar thing so often.

+1 on this suggestion. I like to keep my nutrition up in the 90's and if I fast it drops down to like 70, and when I eat right after, it only gets up to 80 or so. Oh, and Teeebomb has the bomb-ass pizzas, fyi.

• Like 1

A nice idea.  As long as it's not broadcast in everyone else's event tab...

[18:25:52] You hear a rumbling akin to distant thunder - isn't it time Muse ate something?

• Like 1

I approve the proposal. Also, I would like if there were bit less extravagant methods to intentionally lower food bar, maybe an ipecac herb. Either eaten, or as herb tea it should provoque nausea, and loss of food and water level, maybe along with some health and stamina loss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ekcin said:

I approve the proposal. Also, I would like if there were bit less extravagant methods to intentionally lower food bar, maybe an ipecac herb. Either eaten, or as herb tea it should provoque nausea, and loss of food and water level, maybe along with some health and stamina loss.

Apple juice should do the trick.  Drink more than a couple of flasks and food and water levels start to drop quickly.   Although, it isn't nausea that is induced.

• Like 1