Sign in to follow this  
hvergi

I was bored in a meeting.

I was bored in a long meeting today, and I remember that elwood said he wanted a wurm carpentry game he could grind to 1million carp in, so I made one.

Not really balanced but if you want to check it out, link is below. It runs in the browser.

http://hvergi.x10host.com/Elwood/

I may or may not update this game, it was more of a fun kill time project, but if people want to see me update it more just let me know.

Edited by hvergi
  • Like 7

I am  giving this the Official woodscrapian seal of approval.

+1

• Like 2

Getting bored clicking only the mallet button after a while, im now at 40 carpentry from only hitting one button. Fix that and you have made a minigame for wurm. :D 

needs picture of Elwood giving thumbs up on every successful improve or just watching condescendingly in the background

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Explora said:

needs picture of Elwood giving thumbs up on every successful improve or just watching condescendingly in the background

If Elwood wants to send me on I'll add it.

and by rather popular demand you can no longer spam 1 item, well you can but it wont help.

2 minutes ago, hvergi said:

If Elwood wants to send me on I'll add it.

and by rather popular demand you can no longer spam 1 item, well you can but it wont help.

ingame picture or a real one? :P

Why am I so tremendously amused with this. Whatever you are doing for a living they should pay you more. 🙂

can you do this except for all skills thanks i need my dose of number go up

thank you for helping confirm that i'm on the spectrum

lol this is fun! but the quality of my mallet goes down all the time ^^ lol this is harder than wurm! my quality is reduced as a punishement when i click false tool lul

Very cool minigame, it seems it even has the same mechanics then carpentry has ingame. I love to have the villagers work for me, but i'm far from this, only have 1 now, actually improving the tools :)

Would be great if there would be more background, can you let the villagers build something on their own too ? Or that they offer contracts to build parts of their homes, like walls and such !

Its really addictive, have to go clicking, brb !

make it a reward to get a high ql spindle to get 2x ticks from imping!

Oh man your meetings must be equally interesting and useful as my weekly ones watching irrelevant charts for an hour. So sad I long forgotten how to code...

Edited by Jaz

I do plan on revisiting this next year with a brand new version, not 100% sure when that will be with work constraints but I am really glad so many people enjoyed it consider how little time went into it.

2 hours ago, Reskal said:

Very cool minigame, it seems it even has the same mechanics then carpentry has ingame. I love to have the villagers work for me, but i'm far from this, only have 1 now, actually improving the tools :)

Would be great if there would be more background, can you let the villagers build something on their own too ? Or that they offer contracts to build parts of their homes, like walls and such !

Its really addictive, have to go clicking, brb !

It is more of a case where I have to be in attendance for all of it but only a very small segment is for me.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

make it a reward to get a high ql spindle to get 2x ticks from imping!

Oh man your meetings must be equally interesting and useful as my weekly ones watching irrelevant charts for an hour. So sad I long forgotten how to code...

• Like 1

Betatester feedback:  Actually i'm at tool level 23 and 28 skill. Had it now 2 times happen, that my score(in the upper window "Sell for x coins.") was x 10 suddenly. had around 20something coins, clicked 2-3 minutes and suddenly it was 340.

The first time it happened i clicked "back" in another tab of my browser, i think it was this one, where the thread is..and as i returned to the game-tab i had the multiplying x10 happen..i tried to reproduce it by browsing backwards again here, but did not happen again.

Second time was actually, i did not click the "back"button in the browser, i think i were somewhere else but not sure anymore but not clicked backwards, as it happened.

Yes, the 10x happened to me also. Not doing anything special.. maybe a rare roll 😆

• Like 1

Next thing i found is, that i have 1008 coins now, should be able to buy the 2nd villager, since it costs 1000 coins, but the button is still red, refreshing browser did not help.

I closed the application, reopened it and spent some coins for upgrading a tool, then i imped further and as i hit 1000 coins again, the buy-villagers button was still red and greyed out. I hoped that it might work now maybe.

Edit: maybe this problem has to do with the rule above the buy-button: "You can buy an additional villager every 50 levels!"

Does it mean tool- levels or my carpentry level ? Because i cannot buy more then a 2nd villager then, or maybe a 3rd if i max out tools/skills but then i don't need it anymore. Or does it mean 50 ql for every tool ?

Edit2: imped up my hammer to 51, still greyed out buy-villager-button, so seems its a bug.

Edited by Reskal

One of the items has a 10x coin bonus on it, I won't say which one. That is correct you can only buy 1 villager every 50 carpentry levels. The game doesn't stop at 100 so you can buy a rather large number of them.

Edited by hvergi

4 hours ago, hvergi said:

One of the items has a 10x coin bonus on it, I won't say which one. That is correct you can only buy 1 villager every 50 carpentry levels. The game doesn't stop at 100 so you can buy a rather large number of them.

Cool, thanks for the info, at 49-something right now :)