Sign in to follow this  
Amantnovi

Goblins and Spiders and Trolls, oh my!

I have been at my deed on the northern tip of Colossus Lake for a little over a year now. For the most part, I wouldn't see many mobs. Spiders sometimes. Maybe a troll or two every other week. But over the last week and a half...holy hell horse! Tonight I have killed 3 trolls, a goblin and a few spiders that wandered on to my deed in the hour I have been logged on! Did something change that I am not aware of or is it just that Northeast Indy is so unpopulated that this will be my norm? Not complaining. I love a good fight! Just curious about how quickly they have appeared around here. :)

1 hour ago, Amantnovi said:

Did something change that I am not aware of

... This could take a couple of minutes...

Long story short:  Devs have been fiddling with spawn and movement for the last little while, trying to get it balanced.

Normal service will be restored as soon as possible.  Meanwhile, put it out of your mind off it and go swim in the ocean with all the horses.  😆

• Like 1

They changed mob spawns and I think it is a lot  better now, I find pigs, cows, horses, hens and pheasants on SE Ind which I never did before. 

• Like 1

On exo they have added a new critter the "sea horse"  the water near my deed is full, really full of them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Platyna said:

They changed mob spawns and I think it is a lot  better now, I find pigs, cows, horses, hens and pheasants on SE Ind which I never did before. 

Just an update...Unless someone has reasonably good fight skills, roaming around North Indy is going to be very VERY difficult. Logged on today and its swarming with trolls. Heading down Colossus Lake Hwy and they are everywhere I look. Along with anything else you can think of. Around my deed they were all around as well. I'm going to be a one woman killing machine it seems! lol 

Give me the cows and pigs and hens, please 😉

Hoping it levels out soon.

Cant wait to see a sea horse!

And in the mean time, Harmony is still pretty much extinct. Why, despite all the efforts through the years, is spawning such a big problem?

I remember when I started on Exodus long time ago, there were few aggressive critters for quite some time, and no domestic animals at all. I played the first 6 months without horses, cows, etc. Then one day they decided to increase spawns, and there were crocs on every tile. (Maybe small exaggeration, but I remember driving my cart between two guard towers to peel off a horde of baddies, chasing me).

So now we have servers running the same code but completely different mob density. And it doesn't just have to do with deed density. I actually made a trip to melody today, to get some fighting skill going. Spawns on melody are as I expect. Variety of aggressive and domestic spawns.

5 hours ago, Amantnovi said:

Just an update...Unless someone has reasonably good fight skills, roaming around North Indy is going to be very VERY difficult. Logged on today and its swarming with trolls. Heading down Colossus Lake Hwy and they are everywhere I look. Along with anything else you can think of. Around my deed they were all around as well. I'm going to be a one woman killing machine it seems! lol 

Give me the cows and pigs and hens, please 😉

Hoping it levels out soon.

Cant wait to see a sea horse!

On South it is not that dramatic, but killed champ troll. And I decided to put gates back on deed (they will be  open for players). 

amHGSb9.png
sc3meIW.png

yea got a couple mobs here and there

wish i had a picture of this one place that has a slow troll spawner, giant trolls just absolutely everywhere; at least 30 of them

• Like 1

@RainRain psst dont tell the PvE folks taht ther is plenty of unclaimend land and animals to find on the PVP server. Don't give them a insantive to overcome ther fear taht we will crush them all the time (somthing we definitl not do but that they don't need to know)

14 hours ago, Badvoc said:

On exo they have added a new critter the "sea horse"  the water near my deed is full, really full of them.

It's not just Exo.

I'd almost argue "that's nature", or the dynamic way of mob spawning, but I can't be sure if it isn't the tinkering right now.

• Like 1