Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

After the server restart a giant rock appeared in the middle of my gate.

As the topic title says, it wasn't there before. We should be able to remove these rocks and surely they shouldn't spawn at tile borders...

BrR46zB.png

Although I know it's a graphics thing, I do like the suggestion of removing it somehow. It does ruin a  nice looking spot sometimes.

• Like 3

Cultivate and replant grass? I'd think that would clear it up.

51 minutes ago, neopherus said:

Moved to Suggestions

It spawned after the server restart and it shouldn't spawn there. Now I have a rock in my gate...

Edited by Platyna

25 minutes ago, Thalius said:

Cultivate and replant grass? I'd think that would clear it up.

+ 1

Simple solutions to trivial problems. 

It doesn't clear it up. It re-appears exactly in the same location. 

Interesting, I'd like to be able to get more ground decorations to spawn, liven the place up a bit.

I hate those non-physical rocks.  On the tile, changing the tile seems to get rid of them, but on a border?  I can think of a way to do it, but it isn't pretty.  You would have to take out the fencing, dig down both ends of the border and then build it back up again - and even them I am not 100% sure it work.

Edit:  or maybe you need to bash and rebuild the gate, as that is the object that triggers a new skin for the border.

Edited by TheTrickster

Tile decor has no purpose being this large honestly

It’s usually an eyesore and they move constantly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RainRain said:

Tile decor has no purpose being this large honestly

It’s usually an eyesore and they move constantly.

Agreed, 

at the very least need to have a "clear stones" option which would remove those rocks back to an uncluttered tile for the people who don't like them

After a server restart I have an enormous rock in the middle of my gate, I can't get rid of it unless I get rid of grass (and it is a pen with animals in it), I posted it in bug reports. Bashing fences will rather not help either. When I built a fence on a TB with rock in it remained in place. 

Edited by Platyna

doesn't bother me, I don't RP, neutral here, can't care less, I'd like all my borders to be like that, since these are not annoying like the trees we cant walk through.... but mobs can...

it's not intrusive

Well RP or not RP, I put a great care so my deed looks right and everything is in perfect order, I am really, really OCD person. Rocks in gates are not right, can a GM come and fix that, I don't know "tile reload" or something 😄? It is obviously a glitch, tried to pack it and cultivate several times, right after cultivation it comes back. 

Edited by Platyna

This is not a bug. It is working as intended, even if the intention is a bit annoying at times.

The suggestion to change them has been noted and we are aware of it.

• Like 2

I would discuss if rocks are supposed to be in the  middle of the gates. But thanks for noting. Well pretty huge rocks would be nice decorations if we could load them and move whatever we want, that would be cool, and if we could dye them that would be even more cool. Long time ago, rocks painted in white were used as milestones in Poland. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Platyna said:

I would discuss if rocks are supposed to be in the  middle of the gates. But thanks for noting. Well pretty huge rocks would be nice decorations if we could load them and move whatever we want, that would be cool, and if we could dye them that would be even more cool. Long time ago, rocks painted in white were used as milestones in Poland. 

Very good idea, could rename the rocks with coords, village names etc, small villages in the uk used to have mile marks made out of rocks also.

7 hours ago, Keenan said:

It is working as intended, even if the intention is a bit annoying at times.

umm...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keenan said:

This is not a bug. It is working as intended, even if the intention is a bit annoying at times.

The suggestion to change them has been noted and we are aware of it.

Just chiming in with something that probably wont help. As daft as it is being "working as intended", would enchanted grassing the area remove these blemishes?

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

No idea what happened but the rock disappeared today. 

I think it showed up next to my verandah.  I saw it and thought of you.  😄

• Like 1

It would be nice if randomly spawned rocks did not occur on deed. As the OP has pointed out they often do pop up in a bad spot.