Sign in to follow this  
HatTrickPatrick

Executing bindable commands with the F1 console

Is there a way to execute a command through the console?

For example, if I type CHANGE_VIEW into the F1 console it says Unknown command: change_view. I have it bound to a key of course, but here I'm looking for a way to add that command to my config's autorun.txt so that my character will be in 3rd person when I start the game

say change_view

Well nvm lol

Edited by Nomadikhan

If it is possible, you could do some funny stuff with it like bind a key to dig 3 times.

Third person setting would more ideally be solved by a game setting. I believe there is a thirdPerson in gamesettings.txt but not sure if it actually works.

Edited by BrQQQ

1 hour ago, BrQQQ said:

If it is possible, you could do some funny stuff with it like bind a key to dig 3 times.

Third person setting would more ideally be solved by a game setting. I believe there is a thirdPerson in gamesettings.txt but not sure if it actually works.

I agree it would be better solved by a game setting but I didn't find one. I will check that gamesettings.txt file and see if it works.

As for the first part, I'm not sure I follow you there. If you could type "dig" into the console, you'd still have to type "dig" into the console 3 times unless you macro which is against the rules anyway.

Though you've pointed out that does seem to suggest there's no command for what I'm hoping to accomplish (since you can't type "dig" or any other action into the console really).

[EDIT]

Can confirm setting thirdPerson=true in gamesettings.txt does not work, so sadly I guess I'm at a dead end. Thank you for trying to help.

[/EDIT]

Edited by HatTrickPatrick

12 minutes ago, HatTrickPatrick said:

As for the first part, I'm not sure I follow you there. If you could type "dig" into the console, you'd still have to type "dig" into the console 3 times unless you macro which is against the rules anyway.

There's a console command called EXEC, which will run a text file that contains more console commands. That way you can have a single command (that you can also bind to a key) run multiple console commands at once. It is quite useful for quickly switching between config files.

There is no console commands that do actions like digging or go into 3rd person. You always need to press a key to do actions.

What you can do with console commands is to change key binds, toggle ui or say things in chats.

It could be useful if we could so we didn't have to relying on external macro tools to example fill queue with actions.