Sign in to follow this  
Radircs

Waht System in Wurm need a rework the most?

Waht system you think need a rework the most?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Waht would be your most desired overhaul/rework?

• Religion
    • Permission handling
    • Skillgain
    • Raritysystem
    • Other
    • Wurm only need more content the existing one is perfekt
    • Petsystem
    • Meditation
    • Mailsystem

With all the quirky, annoying and some time’s realy counterintuitive features in Wurm what you would like to see reworked or at least in some form revisit the most?

Her is the reason I chose this points of cours you can always chose the “other” option if you don´t feel represented and I will try to include more points that are good argued why it need a rework (jsut a "I don´t like it so it must be bad and reworked" is not a good argument!). You can also say you are happy the way it is and only starve for new content if you think its fine the way it is.

Don't forgett taht this are my resoning for a rework you don´t have to agree but if you still agree on the subjekt or overall topic that a feture need a rework share your version of why you want to see this to be lookt again by the Devs.

Religion: In general it’s a great concept and could be a great premise. But the execution has a lot of flaws. The A-Symmetrical designapproache is great but hard to balance currently leading to a overpopulation of a single deity or in case of PvP only have one to choose. Or better say not to choose since atheism is no real option. For real who would left back free bonus without a cost? The cut out of the whole imping part of craftsmanship and some other restrictions for priest is a often pointed out reason for people playing Alts. The power for less freedom exchange is mostly liked by the community it seems but the execution lacks.

Permission system: Need an overhaul, can´t expand the Village to a House that is owned by one of your Villagers to incorporate it in the Deed because the Mayor is not the owner?  Multiple level for different roles beside of Input every Citizens or Allianz member alone if you want to make separate areas for different people? Like a high Value storage for the people that come beyond the fresh joined status you have to add this player you want to watch a week to every door individual instate of just update there role. And don´t get me started on the permission screen of a Deed this is horrible to look at and confusing. Oh and approximate ownership is a thing to that is quite annoying if its on deed. As some one who handles a warehouse I can’t say it enough how hard this Is to get this all going in a good way. 

Skillgain: Ok this is maybe controversial but the skill system is...well wired. You do something to good you don’t get skill. I get why this is a concept but also lead to gaming the system for better rates. Like mining with a horrible pickaxe getting mediocre results but more skill gain for better results late. Want to finish the tunnel? Well do it fast and gain less or do is slower with more skill gain (general not skill to time comperison). I understand why this is a concept to say that things that are TO easy give less often skill compare to things that are hard, but would be a system that increase and decrees tick size not better then static ticks that sometimes just don’t appear? Just an example. Oh and creation give less skill then imping because of what exact reason? Because it is “easier”? I don’t get this decision at all. Yes instate of 100 times imping on 10 swords you then could create 1000 swords for the same benefit. But for real who need so many swords low QL and not 10 with better QL and who have the mass on material that is needed for it? In special with the harder creation difficulty manipulation compare Imping were you can hold easy on the most efficient difficulty spot something that is way harder for creation.

Raritysystem: To be honest I like the novelty a small chance of something to become a rare version of an item that give slight bonus. It is a interesting system and great even for new players because a rare pick will sell no matter the QL because it will keep the rare status over the time. But the randomness, unreliability is also a problem. You got the 10 Rare clay out of digging but on imping for 6h you don’t have a rare moment you feel a bit cheated out and then when you got it it don’t turn rare because imping success is treated other than creation success for some reason. This lead to a lot of more or less “useless” rare that are not good for anything and can´t be sorted or stored for later use in a good way. The Raritysystem in its current state is a neat idea but create more frustration then joy in my view what make it in the need for a closer look again.

Other: I know I had more on the list but I forget them currently so they don´t bother me TO much I guess but I will give the option and hopefully can expand the pole later. I also keep fighting out. Not only I have not a real problem with how fighting work we also have the announcement for a rework already in the making so no reason to cry about something that is confirmed to change SoonTM

Edit1 17.10.2020

Petsystem: Added becous a teamer is not realy playble in the current system. Behavior and controll of pets is godawfull and yes they are not usless ther is a reason they are used in PvP were you try to get every edge you can but for the avrage player if he could equip stuff without taming it would change nerly nothing if its removed waht is sad that its have so bad functionalety that it is only used for this.

Edit2  20.10.2020

Meditation: Rewards are tiny for the huge time investment. The problem with the limit skill gain is a problem with the skill system in general but over all not real effective grind able and the execution could need a lot more flavor and benefit in some regards (but mostly flavor in spacial with PvP is too much benefit a problem in my opinion)

Mailing system: More feed back and emphasis on the cost would be great. General more information in this regard for the sender and receiver. Did my massage be excepted or is it still waiting? Is it Still on the way? The usability is also a bit lacking is suppose its functional like mos things in Wurm but like most things in Wurm miss a sense of intuitiveness.

Edited by Radircs
  • Like 1

Mail. Mail really needs work. In regards to cost, in regards to easy of use, in regards to the query windows being horrible, in regards to confirmations that what you did actually worked or you received your money, or whatever. It needs work...

Meditation imo

RNG based skillticks on a limited basis? check
long term investment with frankly underwhelming benefits except after the "several months of grinding" part? yep
has every potential to be cooler and better? absolutely

Each meditation path should begin with a passive scaling power, have more abilities in general (one per 2 levels if it can fit), and less focus needs to be placed on the 11th level capstone. It also like, actually needs benefits and powers for going beyond 13th tier, and all the 12th/13th tier powers should be changed to not be literally the same thing

Edited by RainRain

I voted Other because I think that Combat is the system most in need of a major overhaul. It is literally the only MMO that I know of, not counting "clicker" games, where you can go AFK for half an hour without any third-party software and come back to have personally, and solo, killed several aggressive monsters. There is no finesse, no skill, and no strategy in Wurm combat. It's literally just standing there and bashing your enemy until one of you falls over. 

• Like 1

I have left Combat out becous it is allredy anounced that the next bigger update revolve around a rewrite of the system to make it more aktiv. Otherwise I would have set it on the list to even if I personal dont have a huge problem with how combat work.

It's small and probably meaningless to most, but I'd like to see an update to weather system so we have more storms, rain and other events.  And the weather effects parts of the land/environment too.  Even the rare hurricane where the day is darken and very windy where trees look like they are being blown hard by the wind.  It's too sunny all the time and the wind only works for sailing.  Maybe introduce windmills with an update like this.  Or kites.  :D

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 2

I also wish the skilling system was replaced with something that is easier to understand and work with. Instead of calculating the chance of getting a tick by using external tools or by performing statistical analysis, you should always get skill. What would now be a low or high chance to get a skill tick should turn into getting a small or large tick. Skill metas should stay the same, but you should be able to figure out optimal gains by just trying it out and see if the ticks are getting larger or smaller. It also removes frustration from skills like meditation. Newer players would also have a much easier time understanding this compared to the current system.

I also wish we had more random stuff in the game. Examples of existing things are the rarity system, getting coins from foraging/fighting, getting an affinity from skilling etc. It doesn't have to be an amazing random reward, like even getting gems from mining makes mining slightly more interesting. Another form of randomness are random things happening around you. For example a chance for a special mob to spawn near you. This kind of content can turn normally monotonous and boring tasks into something slightly more fun or more exciting.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BrQQQ said:

I also wish the skilling system was replaced with something that is easier to understand and work with. Instead of calculating the chance of getting a tick by using external tools or by performing statistical analysis, you should always get skill. What would now be a low or high chance to get a skill tick should turn into getting a small or large tick. Skill metas should stay the same, but you should be able to figure out optimal gains by just trying it out and see if the ticks are getting larger or smaller. It also removes frustration from skills like meditation. Newer players would also have a much easier time understanding this compared to the current system.

I also wish we had more random stuff in the game. Examples of existing things are the rarity system, getting coins from foraging/fighting, getting an affinity from skilling etc. It doesn't have to be an amazing random reward, like even getting gems from mining makes mining slightly more interesting. Another form of randomness are random things happening around you. For example a chance for a special mob to spawn near you. This kind of content can turn normally monotonous and boring tasks into something slightly more fun or more exciting.

Yes!

A lot of new players get frustrated when they put the same amount of time as older players but because they weren't using a specific ql of tool or some other odd thing that only older players know about then they don't get as much skill. Make it more transparent or change it.

Can we vote for more than one? I feel like this is rigged otherwise : /

Yeah I was hope that you can shift your vote afterwards. Multiple will defy the purpose of this becous all the points are some waht Valid in my eyes but not all of them can be the one that is the most importent.... Well ty to only cross the one you realy think you want to change sooner then later.