Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Random short term personal missions per character.

The journal goals are nice as gives a road to a bunch of tasks to do to get a reward while keeping interest in the game.  The missions are nice as they do the same thing, but on a time limit to give incentive to get it done, but you have to rely on everyone else in the game to help complete and these missions can take too long.

When I was active I would sail to each server just doing missions (mainly traitor).  Was better than grinding in one spot for hours.

• Personal missions (or goals) per character that are from 24-72 hours time frame from a random pool of goals.
  • They would refresh every 3 or 5 days even if in middle of a goal if not completed.  Should be time frame when you know goals are refreshed too.
  • At least 3 personal goals you get from a random pool which very on hardness/complexity.
  • Some of these personal missions should be challenging taking you off deed on an adventure, but the 24 hours ones would be more simple with lesser reward.
  • Some of these goals will require a lot to finish them, like traveling across the map or another server to find a treasure chest based on clues like archaeology.
  • Some could be having to sail to another server and visit a starter deed to deliver a message to trader from another trader.
  • Some could be hunting missions where you need to hunt and skin 20 specific animals either on your home server or another server.
  • You'll get some store currency to use at deed token or some other incentive.   Maybe after 100 missions you get a unique skin you can't buy from the store.  Maybe have the incentive change every few weeks or per personal mission cycle.

Edit:  Was just thinking about "Team" missions also.  That might be cool.  As a team (using the Wurm Team function) have to hunt and kill 6 champ trolls within 24 hours.  Everyone in the team has to be in local for the kill to make it count as team credit so can't just have 4 people running out by themselves hunting.  Also make Teams/Groups have minimum and/or maximum people in it per mission.  These missions would be available for a week, but only Teams can complete.  After first kill with the Team a timer starts the 24 hour countdown to complete the rest of it.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 5

I like this. I often have this choice overload. Of cours I can do everything but waht I do?. I just run up and down in the Village and try to figur it out. A optional goal would be great. Build a small fast decaying shrin in the woods. Sail 1k tiles and slay a few Seacreatures. Hunt donw a tree taht will only drop rare logs with 5 increesd QL for you.

Also you could give some bonus skill that is not fix but use a similar sytem then the skill boost from Rituals but a smaller one of course.