Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Water horses

Everywhere I sail in the last few days there are horses in the water.  I sailed the NW coast a couple of days ago and towed 4 to shore, then another 4, then 2 more I took with me, only to ditch them in Spawn Lake along with the half dozen or so that were already there.  I was just now sailing back from another trip, and in Lough Scaith spotted 9 horses of varying ages.

It's not only Release, they're everywhere really. Recently I sailed all around Celebration and the north server border was just teeming with horses as if they were a swarm of fish. With all the fixes to creature movement, so they are less likely to linger on steep mountain slopes et cetera, they're still being pretty uh... silly, aren't they? ;)

Hrm, that's a little odd.  You do sometimes see them around server borders, where someone forgot they were leading a horse and went to another server, but not so much just going for a swim. 

Must be a hot summer this year, I guess...

It's funny seeing all these threads about the AI being wonky suddenly popping up... one might begin to think the creature AI isn't working as intended...

• Like 1

Same spotted on North Xana yesterday. Tens of horses in a pack swimming at North border

Our new animal type, the seahorse, has been around in the waters of Pristine ever since they started trying to readjust the spawns, so what a couple months at least. I doubt anyone needs them much here but I often try to lead four of them to dry land whenever I'm out in a boat. It is pretty clear indication something is broken since they are actually spawning in large numbers in ocean waters instead of land.

• Like 1

Something for those swimming tower guards to ride, maybe.

9 hours ago, Tilda said:

Our new animal type, the seahorse, has been around in the waters of Pristine ever since they started trying to readjust the spawns, so what a couple months at least. I doubt anyone needs them much here but I often try to lead four of them to dry land whenever I'm out in a boat. It is pretty clear indication something is broken since they are actually spawning in large numbers in ocean waters instead of land.

We always have seen a few in NE Rel, but definitely just a few and apart from the odd orphaned one near the server border most are close to land.  I do the same, lead 4 to dry land even though I don't think they are particularly needed.  Previously, if I was exploring by boat and figured I might be venturing inland a bit, I would lead a horse just for the perceived fighting advantage of being mounted (esp. not being slowed down when hurt and wanting to bravely run away) but the last few outings I didn't bother as I was confident I could grab a horse as I was heading to shore.

If I didn't live in Harvestmoon, I might round up a bunch of horses for breeding, but, well....   chevaline, anyone?

In the western half of Trigorn Tarn, I stopped counting at 20.  Looks like a pod of dolphins from a distance.

If all the horses are out in the seas like this, there will be more complaints about spawning.