Ulviirala

What new players seem to think about "the old servers"

What new players seem to think about the old cluster  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think new players think or assume, that it's pointless to play on the old cluster?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think there should be a stronger emphasis over what cluster to play on at character creation?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you like to see new players on the old cluster?

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Please stop misusing the word axiomatic...  Please?

I wasn't misusing the word, I was making a statement about what you assume to be true and how that affects your logic.  I guess I could have used "presupposition" instead of "axiom".

I can see your points, and I believe I can see how you have arrived at them, and I do not believe it was logically, hence my invocation of axioms.  You seem to have accepted certain dynamics, relations, situations etc as true with no further need consider evidence for/against.  Any attempt to actually test these seems to slide right off. What would you call that?

15 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Btw. I would not have used the term axiomatic indeed as prejudiced is more appropriate.

hmm,  yes, maybe. 

16 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Let's just carry on with our lives as I think the thread has moved far enough off point!

The cynic in me sees that as a kind of "mission accomplished" for the naysayers.  The point was always about arming new players with knowledge, while the naysayers have been turning it into a repeat of the misinformation that seems to have prompted the OP in the first place.  

This is interesting....

Basically, the criticisms that are being repeatedly levelled against the old cluster as a reason to avoid those servers is in that post being made - quite rationally and correctly - against the new servers.  It seems that the new is already the old.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

I'm a new player and love to play on the old server (Xanadu).

It's a more mature population, but I hope more new players will come and populate the old servers.

😊

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Slahn said:

I'm a new player and love to play on the old server (Xanadu).

It's a more mature population, but I hope more new players will come and populate the old servers.

😊

Welcome, Slahn.  

If you ever travel to Release, be sure to stop in at Harvestmoon Lagoon.  

• Like 1