Sign in to follow this  
steamedlunch

lag

Hey, iv played wurm along time and never had problems with it in the past. But after moving in with someone else using a different isp things have changed. I get refreshing lag at the most inconvenient times. When I right click it take about 1-2 seconds for my game to respond normally. Right now I am experiencing a situation where I had lag spikes that last for up to 30 seconds for the past 10 minutes upon logging in, even though the world has already loaded. Sometimes I play on 2 accounts and one account will keep preforming actions and able to move and the other will lag, and when i click to do new actions on the account lagging, i can see it on my account that is not lagging, doing those actions.

I play other games like league of legends and I have no problem with it at all. I am able to compete with instantaneous  clicks with a ping of 60-70

I naturally have a 1 second delay that I would like to get rid of. Would a vpn solve my 1 second delay and huge lag spikes? If so what country should it be?

But after moving in with someone else using a different isp things have changed.

That's most likely the issue.. Your new Internet Service Provider might be routing to the Wurm servers differently then your old Provider, which is probably the cause for the additional latency.  I would contact them and express your issue, let them know it's only being expereienced when connecting to servers in that specific country... maybe they can look into it and help out.  I know where I live in Ohio, I go through at least 1-2 modem/routers every year, they're all supplied from our ISP but are built in China and are utter crap so that's another possibility.

Someone will chime in here too I'm sure, but that's a place to start maybe.  Good luck!

Edited by Nomadikhan