Sign in to follow this  
Borgir

Shards teleporting from the mine to the surface (the same tile)

Hello,

yesterday I've done some mining. On my solo deed. Nobody else has an access.

When I logged off yesterday I left some of the mined stone shards in piles inside the mine.

When I logged in today, I noticed a rock shard on the surface. I'm 100% sure it wasn't supposed to be there.

The shard was acting very strange, I was unable to pick it up. There was an option to pick it up, even character animation of picking has been shown, but the shard stayed on the ground anyway.

I tried to relog, the same results.

Eventually I dropped some items on the tile to create a pile and managed to pick up the shard finally.

Then I realized that there's a pile of shards on the same exact tile underground and the weird shard just must've traveled to the surface overnight somehow.

I don't think I can reproduce this, but you should probably take a look at this strange phenomenon.

Thanks.

Edit: Since it was just 1 shard, I'm thinking maybe it was the shard I analyzed and put back inside the mined pile? Just an idea.

Edit 2: Some additional info - I've done some corner raising (using concrete) and ceiling mining on one tile border of the tile in the mine. Maybe it contributed to this strange behaviour somehow?

Edit 3: It may as well be a client bug, who knows?

Edited by Borgir

That is a known phenomenon. When I built my boat canal from my deed to the lake, I once pushed a pile of shards along the canal on a raft. When pushing it in a certain angle along (and into) a vein in the way, it vanished, and reappeared on surface. Same occurred with a bsb much later in a similar location.

Technically, the two worlds are somewhat like layers in graphic manipulation software like gimp or photoshop, they "exist" on the same level on different planes. Sometimes, Wurm gets confused about where an item belongs, especially when items underground are pushed along corners bordering on surface.

Sometimes, when entering a cave with a cart in an unfavorable angle, one or both horses vanish, in fact are visible on surface with the cart running "horseless" underground. The horses then can be observed on surface until one leaves the cave.

Edited by Ekcin