Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

10h extra SB, when?

Title says all, we need to plan that. So please not "tomorrow" or "in 2 days" but soon though. It has been procrastinated long enough.

Likely in the next major update. as soon as I know the date of that I'll make sure it's known

• Like 4

sweet. Sleep bonus? how do we even get 10hr if max is 5?

What are we getting 10hr for anyway?  Someone murder the hamsters again?

23 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

What are we getting 10hr for anyway?  Someone murder the hamsters again?

At start of the new northern servers a lot of things went wrong. People could not log in, servers were laggy etc.

This is the compensation for that time.

I do hope that we compensation in (non tradable) sleep powder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andru said:

sweet. Sleep bonus? how do we even get 10hr if max is 5?

5h is the most you can gain for yourself, but it's functionally a soft cap - events can give you up to 10h. And, IIRC, there were some circumstances that got people as high as 12h, but again, it was the result of GM/Admin action, not something that you can achieve normally. 

what about some compensation from back in March, when several servers were totally unplayable and we were told we will get something even bigger than sleep bonus once the servers will be moved to new host. Well, most servers are moved to new host a long time now,  but I've yet to  see a compensation.. Any update on that @Retrograde?

I have to admit that I am hating it more and more when announcement are made way ahead of time about things like this.

"We'll give you X at Y time because of Z don't you worry!"
Then thing you know people start asking about it all the time, it stirs up all kinds of other complaints and so forth.

Yay we're getting 10hr sleep bonus! But it should not have been mentioned earlier than the heads-up of just before it was dropped to begin with.

I think this is one of those big mistakes that keeps being made over and over again by the team, early promises/mentions of these kinds of big things and gets the community all riled up, not hyped up, but riled up. We start to see little mini-internet riots start to occur in the meantime...

58 minutes ago, Zera said:

I have to admit that I am hating it more and more when announcement are made way ahead of time about things like this.

"We'll give you X at Y time because of Z don't you worry!"
Then thing you know people start asking about it all the time, it stirs up all kinds of other complaints and so forth.

Yay we're getting 10hr sleep bonus! But it should not have been mentioned earlier than the heads-up of just before it was dropped to begin with.

I think this is one of those big mistakes that keeps being made over and over again by the team, early promises/mentions of these kinds of big things and gets the community all riled up, not hyped up, but riled up. We start to see little mini-internet riots start to occur in the meantime...

Aye, it rankles.  Of course, better to not have the long delay in the first place, but to announce such an action well early just creates an atmosphere of disappointment and discontent, which is exactly the situation it is intended to offset.

I am not sure why a simple "bonus" has to wait for a "major update" to happen.  But them, I'm not waiting with bated breath for this anyway.  I would rather have marks 😉.

I’m not sure that it’s due to it being announced so early but rather that there have been no specific date set or even a tentative time. Retro mentioned that it will possibly come in the next major update which also does not have a tentative time. I do understand that they do not want to give set timelines in case they can’t meet them, but I think it is important for the devs to set timelines. We have seen with the steam launch (among other similar releases) that when a time is set for something, the devs bust their butts to make it happen. If after all that they don’t meet the deadline, but need to delay the event a bit or adjust the release slightly (like they did with the combat overhaul for the steam release) then the players will understand. The players will be happy so long as it apparent that the devs are passionately working on making this game great and that they are trying their best to respect the player base.

I personally would be far better off if they said that the 10h of sb may still be a few months off. Then at least I wouldn’t be frantically ensuring that my sb bar gets used up every day in fear that we get the sb tomorrow or the next day. 

PS Retro, if you are reading this...when will the next major update happen (approximate times are welcome!)

• Like 2

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his sleep bonus.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his sleep bonus on yo-yo.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty sleep famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

Okay, if Biblical quotes are a thing here;  

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

What I don't get is all of the discussion that seems to assume that the giving of x hours of sleep bonus is some huge development undertaking, which could take some indefinite amount of time likely to be measure in months.  Surely that can't be the case, and the lack of prompt allocation has some other basis.

Edited by TheTrickster

We were promised to be told in advance, so we can burn existing SB. And I think 7 hours is normal player limit - 5 default, one from journal and one for marks.