Sign in to follow this  
Limewood

Lime and whitewash

I recently came upon a specific problem in Wurm - the white dye does not make things white, instead it's pretty much transparent.

I'm not sure why it works this way, but I guess it's for a technical reason, to make other colours work better.

To solve this issue perhaps whitewash could be used specifically for very white dye (on house walls, at least).

Whitewash could be made with ground limestone plus water.

Limestone could either be a new vein type (perhaps with new building options from limestone as well) or something you could get occasionally from rock tiles, like flint.

• Like 3

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

I hate white paint, it is like a grey stain.  

There would even be some pretty good depth of play if limestone could be mined.  The whole process of lime-making using fire, then making lime mortar and whitewash with water.

Edited by TheTrickster

I want to like this idea, but adding a new ore vein wouldn't play well with the existing already-mapped worlds. It'd have to be for a new world, or you'd get a very sparse distribution that could potentially be gamed by some people. Having it as a random mining "bonus" like flint and rocksalt seems like it'd work better.

+.25, idea is good, but needs more polishing.