Sign in to follow this  
user

Delete War bonus

-1 (just so so 😎 ). I am taking that proposal as an opportunity to get explained what war bonus does in PvP and what it is good for (or harmful) on PvE.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, Ekcin said:

-1 (just so so 😎 ). I am taking that proposal as an opportunity to get explained what war bonus does in PvP and what it is good for (or harmful) on PvE.

Multiplies your CR by anywhere from 1.0 to 1.3x (AFTER almost all modifiers) based off your village's war bonus. Doesn't apply to defiance.

Edited by RainRain
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, armyskin said:

so what is wrong with it?

It's busted and basically a requirement for new deeds to make and upkeep, and inflates numbers a whole lot, making other sources of CR gain less efficient due to how CR math works, blah blah.

but if you gain other cr levels then it makes the war bonus benefit higher still right?

55 minutes ago, armyskin said:

but if you gain other cr levels then it makes the war bonus benefit higher still right?

Yes. You need to sacrifice very specific items to raise and maintain the bonus, and even moreso if your village has more players.

Sacrificing items shouldn't give your entire village a +30% cr bonus to begin with- why does that make sense to anyone? Or anything.

7 hours ago, RainRain said:

Yes. You need to sacrifice very specific items to raise and maintain the bonus, and even moreso if your village has more players.

Sacrificing items shouldn't give your entire village a +30% cr bonus to begin with- why does that make sense to anyone? Or anything.

I know how it is maintained, what is wrong with it?

6 hours ago, armyskin said:

I know how it is maintained, what is wrong with it?

first of all, the issue is that it exists at all: there shouldn't be a massive (bigger than any other) bonus to CR based off how many signs your village has sacrificed to your god

but secondly, village faith bonus contribution scales down greatly depending on how many villagers are in the village

if you're not seeing how this can be an issue (the fact that the CR bonus exists AT ALL) in a pvp server, idk what to tell you

devs have already removed it on Defiance, they should do the same on other servers

Edited by RainRain

6 hours ago, RainRain said:

first of all, the issue is that it exists at all: there shouldn't be a massive (bigger than any other) bonus to CR based off how many signs your village has sacrificed to your god

but secondly, village faith bonus contribution scales down greatly depending on how many villagers are in the village

if you're not seeing how this can be an issue (the fact that the CR bonus exists AT ALL) in a pvp server, idk what to tell you

devs have already removed it on Defiance, they should do the same on other servers

Your first point is an opinion that it should not exist and the second point only brings up the fact that it is harder to maintain with a larger citizen list. So again what is the problem with it? And I'm playing on a PVP server now and have yet to see how there is a problem.

26 minutes ago, armyskin said:

second point only brings up the fact that it is harder to maintain with a larger citizen list

Not true.  

23 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Not true.  

Although with more people to spread the work around the load is lightened.

1 hour ago, armyskin said:

Your first point is an opinion that it should not exist and the second point only brings up the fact that it is harder to maintain with a larger citizen list. So again what is the problem with it? And I'm playing on a PVP server now and have yet to see how there is a problem.

Okay?

Isn't that the entire point of a suggestion thread- having an opinion on how and why you think a game should be changed?

Again, it's disabled on Defiance, and it isn't something that's a tangible thing you can quite literally 'see'- the benefits of providing a CR bonus are invisible (since you can't see enemy CR or your CR at any moment), but if you want to go ahead and stress test it, feel free to pit two characters against each other, both of equal power- save that one has the full war bonus, and the other doesn't.

The problems i've state already are that a bonus like that shouldn't exist that greatly impacts pvp for doing something that by all means has nothing to do with pvp, and especially not be such a dramatic and powerful change; I'm not sure if you expect me to give a literal robotic answer here or something because clearly it's an opinion on why it should be removed.