Sign in to follow this  
Nekojin

More Wagoner chat lines, please!

I realize that this is exceptionally low-priority, but it would be a nice boost to people who have spent the silver to have Wagoners in their area.

As it stands now, it seems that there are only a couple of comments for each category of Wagoner chatter, and since there aren't any other Deeds attached to the Highway I'm on yet, that also means that one entire category of the chat (probably the most detailed and varied) won't be heard. We've also turned off the Sleep-related chat, so that category's out. Which means that the only category left is food... and that apparently only has one line in it.

[21:09:04] <Wagoner Kezzryn> Is that growling a bear or am I just hungry?

[21:09:27] <Wagoner Kezzryn> Is that growling a bear or am I just hungry?

I propose a vast improvement to the Wagoner chat. At least a dozen more comments on each category, and perhaps some new categories. Some comments will be useful, some observant, some weird. Maybe some rare comments that are more useful, like mentioning some rare recipes?

I'm only currently looking at the Witty section (which is typo'ed as "Whitty," by the way), so I'm sure that there's other comments we haven't heard, but the Chat Style is the one section that can't be randomized, so the only way to hear other comments for each section is to manually go over and change Style.

My wife and I are writers; we can come up with a barrage of comments to add to the system to keep the Wagoner owners from getting bored and just turning it all off. But we need to know 1.) whether the Devs would be interested in this, and 2.) whether the players would care.

What do you think? 

Edited by Nekojin

I immediately thought of Thief's Benny... 

"When are they going to bring me my dinner?  That's what I want to know!  When are they going to bring me my dinner?"

Yes, any improvement to the variety of Wagoners' chat would be good.  Currently it very quickly goes from cute to boring to outright annoying, mostly just because it is so repetitive.

Edit:  Ooh, the occasional pro tip tossed in would be very intriguing. (And if the wagoner can dob in players who s/he has seen lurking about, I know someone who would love that).

Edited by TheTrickster

No matter how many chat lines they add up they will still become repetitive so i think the solution would be to make the wagoneer guild be one involved in mistery and a vow of silence....all the members have sworn to never speak again as to never risk revealing any info about their cargo and destination.

There, no more chat lines needed or have local light up by their pesky lines.

• Like 1

If you're annoyed by it, you can silence the ones near you. That's the solution if you're annoyed. Don't force that solution on everyone.