Sign in to follow this  
Greystar

Random Treasure Chest Spawning

I know the Adventure map has this on by default.  However if you create a Custom server using the Creative database as it's base it is NOT on and can not be turned on in the settings.  (I tried it just resets to off)  So I would like to know if there is a modder willing to create a mod the replaces the default random treasure chest spawner with a new one that actually works in creative... With potential options to be able to spawn items (from a configurable list) and make is so you can configure the chest type, quality, etc.  It would then call what would be standard loot from a hook for that quality of chest and the size of chests, with an option to be locked or not. I am already using the Treasure hunting mod and while nice, I miss the option of being able to search out treasure chests that are just sitting around in the world (and the random objects they are just laying around, like backpacks full of leather gear, meditation rugs, carts, boats, weapons, etc).  Thanks!

PS) if you want to know how to access the menu it's: Right click your ebony wand, Select Creatures then Select Feature Management and it brings up a list of enabled/disabled features.

PS 2) Well I kinda figured it out.  You need to select the Override to enable it, however since it's not otherwise configurable like I mentioned I would still be very interested in a mod for this.

Edited by Greystar

Use an ebony wand select Creatures -> Feature Management there is a lot of features that can only be turned on from here. The one your looking for is Random treasure chests near the top 7 options down.

edit: Ah see you figured it out didn't see your ps, yes override is required to force them on. Like you said though you cannot configure the loot from them without a mod though.

I'm really surprised no one has asked for something like this or not already done it.  How many traps have people just dumped on the ground or left in the chest because they couldn't carry it, or statues...

Edited by Greystar

We turned it on but no one has found a chest as of yet. ( over a month )