Sign in to follow this  
Oakmaiden

Travelling salesmen

I would love to have the ability to create a travelling salesman/merchant.

It could take the form of a merchant ship/wagon, and should be able to sell anything that you can put in the inventory of similar vehicles (forges/crated animals/things the current merchants can't carry).  But most importantly, you can move it to your customers .

It would be even better if you could move it between servers in a cluster.

Yes, but ?I am not talking about just having a delivery method.  I am talking about having a merchant who is portable, and can set up in different places.

Portable?  Not sure what you mean by that.

An NPC merchant on a large cart or wagon that I can set to wander about the server, or plant a marker/flag of some kind in a location and have him travel there and stay till I tell him to move somewhere else or start wandering the highways again, or recall to home settlement.. that could be a nice addition to market mechanics in the game.

Maybe give the option to send the merchant to a settlement that is connected to the highway, if the mayor at the destination accepts.  Mayor could send the merchant back when they are done doing business. 

• Like 1

Make one yourself..roam around the map with a wagon or boat and be a traveling sales merchant. 

• Like 1