Sign in to follow this  
Yuchdan

Not affected by buffs (giant strength at least so far)

Hello,

So somehow i can not get the benefits of the spell "forest giant strenght" buff but still get the buff icon. No skill stick, no increase in the characterstics, no hiden increase (cannt pick up things). We tested it twice and its kinda annoying

what seems to work is do any action that gives body str. So mine one time and you should get an increase in body str. of cast power / 10

As far as I am aware, Forest Giant Strength (and Hell Strength) do not benefit carry weight, as it is calculated only on login; the same way that getting a new level of Body Strength doesn't immediately take effect.

I tried it once more. It does if you execute any action that gives body str. See here: 

Priest casts Forest Giant Str on me. Nothing happens, but I do have it listed as a buff. 

Then I do one mining action. And you get the buff. It also influences carry weight etc.

Event tab: 
[21:06:45] Faerianb casts Forest Giant Strength on you.
[21:06:45] You now have increased body strength.
[21:06:45] Faerianb looks pleased.
[21:06:54] You start to mine.
[21:07:05] You mine some ore.

Skill tab:

[21:07:05] Body strength increased by 1.0306 to 32.0390

So in summary, the buff does work and gives Cast Power / 10 Body str. Duration also depends on cast power. But you only get it once you have done anything that gives body str. skill. Obviously, it should update as soon as it is cast. I mean, it could conceivably just give a real +0.000000000001 increase to body str. on top of the buff, that should trigger the update.