Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Wurm Online Roadmap - What's after Steam?

1 hour ago, Samool said:

It's not a roadmap for this year,  but you can expect an update and some more information before the end of this year :) 

where is the fatigue removal/rework

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Samool said:

It's not a roadmap for this year,  but you can expect an update and some more information before the end of this year :) 

was just kinda joining the trolling club but thank you for the reply =D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

where is the fatigue removal/rework

i'd love this, personally because me and 2 friends share an account to help grind it, and we hit fatigue, though i've never hit fatigue on my own its still annoying

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

i'd love this, personally because me and 2 friends share an account to help grind it, and we hit fatigue, though i've never hit fatigue on my own its still annoying

Why should the game be made easier for you 24/7 account sharing players. Dont like fatigue? Play your own account.

Edited by Jeston

Just now, Jeston said:

Psh account sharing, why should the game be made easier for you 24/7 account players.

because its allowed, how about worrying about the way you play your own damn game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

because its allowed, how about worrying about the way you play your own damn game

Nah I dont think so, your asking for a public change so it also involves the public. Learn you level your own account and stop pseudo macroing with 2 other people.

Edited by Jeston

Just now, Jeston said:

Nah I dont think so, your asking for a public change so it also involves the public.

i didn't ask for anything, i agreed with someone that was asking

• Like 1

Just now, platinumteef said:

i didn't ask for anything, i agreed with someone that was asking

Agreeing to it shows the motive, madnath probably is guilty all the same. Sickens me to see people who have it easy enough leveling the character across 2 other people yet demand MORE

Just now, Jeston said:

Agreeing to it shows the motive, madnath probably is guilty all the same. Sickens me to see people who have it easy enough leveling the character across 2 other people yet demand MORE

i can go on for days here if you want to keep going, you're crying about something that doesn't even affect you. 

• Like 1

madnath grinds his own account though lmao he's just broken and we were past the free manufacturer warranty

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

i can go on for days here if you want to keep going, you're crying about something that doesn't even affect you. 

It affects lots of people, account sharing is not smiled upon in MMO settings and most of the time is against the rules, completely disregards the spirit of doing stuff yourself. Having 2 other people level your account as you are at works or sleeping is barely better than just setting up a Macro. Fatigue was added to mess with people like you to start with. Lets not forget when things get sour and there is a argument who gets the keep the account and devs having to deal with that.

EDIT also I am sure you can go on forever since you dont have to play your account.

Edited by Jeston

2 minutes ago, Jeston said:

It affects lots of people, account sharing is not smiled upon in MMO settings, completely disregards the spirit of doing stuff yourself. Having 2 other people level your account as you are at works or sleeping is barely better than just setting up a Macro. Fatigue was added to mess with people like you to start with. Lets not forget when things get sour and there is a argument who gets the keep the account and devs having to deal with that.

right, people actually doing work on an account = the same as macroing, and you with your 2 years of experience in wurm know exactly why fatigue was implemented.

ok

• Like 1

Would you two either get a room or take it outside?  You are hijacking a useful thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeston said:

I am going to absolutely verbally smack you for coming out and saying such utter tosh.

I play my own account, and have access to a priest and that's it. All I do is for my character, to level it up, get it to a higher level where I can rely on myself better and make my game time more comfortable, to have more options open to me.

At the end of the day, the effort put into the actions is what matters. If friends want to share an account to get it to a better level, they have that right and nobody has the ability to change or say that. This isn't frowned upon widely like you think it is. Is it held against the game? Sure, I have my own reservations about it. But to pin it on players and call the people who do it similar to those who macro, which is an actual cheating method, is just pure ignorance and spite against something you clearly do not understand in any single regard.

I got the skills I have not just from work, but from trying to learn the game and its systems from people who know them better than me. And to sit here and be called a "pseudo macroer" by some random clown who thinks he's right without any clear evidence of anything he's accusing is absolutely incredible.

Take Plat's advice. Play the game your own way, don't sweat how others play the game when you're going to reach the point of making actual accusations and making a total fool of yourself.

Fatigue is a bad system that does nothing to actually prevent actual macro using players. I hit fatigue because I actively, and consistently, work on my account. To have to pay a monthly fee and have 99% of my options taken away from me for a totally arbitrary reason that isn't even valid anymore is digusting. If this was a popular, modern MMO with a wider audience, it'd be called a wide array of things, ranging from disgusting, to predatory.

5 hours ago, Jeston said:

Fatigue was added to mess with people like you to start with.

Which is already an incorrect statement. It has nothing to do with people having access to the same account, it's there to attempt to prevent macros working endlessly. Which we already know hasn't and doesn't work, especially with how the markets on clusters have been going.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

I am going to absolutely verbally smack you for coming out and saying such utter tosh.

I play my own account, and have access to a priest and that's it. All I do is for my character, to level it up, get it to a higher level where I can rely on myself better and make my game time more comfortable, to have more options open to me.

At the end of the day, the effort put into the actions is what matters. If friends want to share an account to get it to a better level, they have that right and nobody has the ability to change or say that. This isn't frowned upon widely like you think it is. Is it held against the game? Sure, I have my own reservations about it. But to pin it on players and call the people who do it similar to those who macro, which is an actual cheating method, is just pure ignorance and spite against something you clearly do not understand in any single regard.

I got the skills I have not just from work, but from trying to learn the game and its systems from people who know them better than me. And to sit here and be called a "pseudo macroer" by some random clown who thinks he's right without any clear evidence of anything he's accusing is absolutely incredible.

Take Plat's advice. Play the game your own way, don't sweat how others play the game when you're going to reach the point of making actual accusations and making a total fool of yourself.

Fatigue is a bad system that does nothing to actually prevent actual macro using players. I hit fatigue because I actively, and consistently, work on my account. To have to pay a monthly fee and have 99% of my options taken away from me for a totally arbitrary reason that isn't even valid anymore is digusting. If this was a popular, modern MMO with a wider audience, it'd be called a wide array of things, ranging from disgusting, to predatory.

Which is already an incorrect statement. It has nothing to do with people having access to the same account, it's there to attempt to prevent macros working endlessly. Which we already know hasn't and doesn't work, especially with how the markets on clusters have been going.

The absolute STATE of vet mentality is astonishing. Maybe 16hrs a day playing is getting to your head. You also failed to explain how account sharing is fair or good for Wurm. Go on wise one, shows us the wisdom only a non-random experienced vet would possess.

Edited by Jeston

4 minutes ago, Jeston said:

The absolute STATE of vet mentality is astonishing.

You do not get to play this card when you are the single person starting to spout off about unfair gameplay and features you clearly don't understand, including accusations about psuedo cheating. If what Plat said is right about your time spent as a character in the world, I'm very sorry to tell you there isn't much of a gap between us at all.

5 minutes ago, Jeston said:

You also failed to explain how account sharing is fair or good for Wurm. 

I suggest this order of actions for you going ahead
Read -> comprehend -> post

Not only do I go over the fact I have my own reservations about it, but I'm not the one making any accusations or wild assumptions about others or their playstyle. You failed to explain why you think I'm a psuedo macroer with any substantial evidence or anything to back it up. The burden of proof is on the accuser, of which you've accused myself of doing game actions that'd be defined as cheating. Ball is in your court.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Madnath said:

You do not get to play this card when you are the single person starting to spout off about unfair gameplay and features you clearly don't understand, including accusations about psuedo cheating. If what Plat said is right about your time spent as a character in the world, I'm very sorry to tell you there isn't much of a gap between us at all.

I suggest this order of actions for you going ahead
Read -> comprehend -> post

Not only do I go over the fact I have my own reservations about it, but I'm not the one making any accusations or wild assumptions about others or their playstyle. You failed to explain why you think I'm a psuedo macroer with any substantial evidence or anything to back it up. The burden of proof is on the accuser, of which you've accused myself of doing game actions that'd be defined as cheating. Ball is in your court.

I never said you macro'd though I have to wonder how someone can keep up actions on multiple accounts for 12+ hrs non-stop hmmmmmmm. I am glad people like you are NOT in control on what gets added or removed. 

Edited by Jeston

3 minutes ago, Jeston said:

I never said you macro'd though

Hmmm...

7 hours ago, Jeston said:

madnath probably is guilty all the same

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeston said:

I am glad people like you are NOT in control on what gets added or removed. 

The feeling is mutual given you've stretched logic and spouted incorrect information over multiple posts to try and justify a crappy viewpoint on a system you clearly have no knowledge on, and trying to spout a playstyle as correct in a game as wide and varied as Wurm.

Let's not pretend I've come in here to specifically point out the flaws in what you've said. You came in with a boulder on your shoulder to make logic leaps to try and enforce a viewpoint that makes people like me and Plat to be bad.

When in reality, the only thing that seperates our accounts is the knowledge of the person behind them. Not even time.

• Like 4

Allow me to insert myself....

From a 30k foot view, since I dont ever hit fatigue and never will, I think in general, the correct answer is always the choice that allows for the most individual freedom. Don't hit fatigue? You've got nothing to worry about. Your experience is unhampered by the system. Someone else does hit fatigue? The system is hampering their personal play style. It starts getting disgusting when someone has the audacity to think they have any right to decide how someone else can play the game. Don't like account sharing? Don't do it. Don't like being able to play beyond what fatigue allows? Don't do it. Mind your own and get out of the way of everyone else doing the same. For the sake of a better world for everyone, let go of the idiotic notion that you have any authority to override someone else's free will.

• Like 5

Fatigue is a stupid system, there's much better ways to stop macroing.

If someone wants to play 20 hours a day, so what they pay their money and its their choice.

I don't like account sharing and if it was my game it wouldn't be allowed, but its not and it is allowed so its 100% fine for 2 or 3 people to level an account 24/7 and has nothing to do with fatigue if account sharing was a problem, ban that no need to have a stupid lazy system like fatigue in game. 

well... while it is a bit off topic but the topic came up and I hope devs will have a look at it, I have been disliking the fatigue system since ages.

I ran into it three times, mainly when surfacemining while on vacation so I could keep timers going perfectly, while it does not seem much there is something else to it.

Say you prem for a month and you play it perfectly and a lot, timers going left n' right - you have a timer time of around 10,5 days but you paid for 30 days (feel free to correct me if I messed it up, but either way we have less proper playtime than we paid for) - having my paid time cut down this much in regard to doing anything meaningful (and please, don't come with fighting at me, I don't even enjoy it, I just do it for ressources when I have to, you can not butcher or bury either when fatigue is used up and first aid idk, it is a timed action but there is other timed actions who do not use fatigue so idk about first aid).

The fact of having my playtime I paid for neutered by this much is what bugs me the most.

• Like 6

The only issue i have with fatigue removal would be how wisdom of vynora would work then giving people unlimited easy supply of sleep bonus like it happened on the Northern Cluster.

13 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

The only issue i have with fatigue removal would be how wisdom of vynora would work then giving people unlimited easy supply of sleep bonus like it happened on the Northern Cluster.

That could easily be reworked. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 3:39 AM, Madnath said:

The feeling is mutual given you've stretched logic and spouted incorrect information over multiple posts to try and justify a crappy viewpoint on a system you clearly have no knowledge on, and trying to spout a playstyle as correct in a game as wide and varied as Wurm.

Let's not pretend I've come in here to specifically point out the flaws in what you've said. You came in with a boulder on your shoulder to make logic leaps to try and enforce a viewpoint that makes people like me and Plat to be bad.

When in reality, the only thing that seperates our accounts is the knowledge of the person behind them. Not even time.

Also how can you ban account selling but allow 2-3 people sharing still? It's cut from the same cloth, so if someone's login IP is different they can go "Oh I'm just account sharing lol"
when you very well might have bought the account can't just ban one or the other. That's my Logic and it sure isn't a leap boy.

Now again, tell me why fatigue exists exactly and where you were when it was implemented? 

Edited by Jeston