Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Changes Feedback

4 hours ago, Threap said:

i think a much lower timer will be better, like 10-15 second would be fine. The main thing that graves stop is the corpse snatching where all that matters is using potato settings so you don't get the falling animation and having a low ping means you get the corpse every time. it just needs to be long enough so people cant grab the corpse while on a horse and ride off with the loot. The same problem still exists for horse gear, people who play with potato settings pick up the horse corpse before people with normal settings even see the corpse client side.

Yea I think a lower timer would be a good compromise. 1 minute is a bit excessive but I also don't want the old corpse snatch + resurrection stone combo to rear its ugly head again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

you're fighting from the kingdom that literally never has a problem pulling 1.5 to 2 times numbers, you would take a 45 minute timer because it benefits you

trust me if you saw the discord yesterday you wouldnt say "never has a problem" 😂

It's kind of more so just defeatist that one single group of people are the ones continually complaining about the game because it's not going their way. Most of the anti-BL spells nerf proposals are coming from one alliance in JK.

I'll stand by it and say I don't think there are issues with the spells. Yes, some are strong, and some are weak. In Sindusk's own word he says Light of Fo and Scorn are equally broken, so then how come if we have a fight yesterday and JK has three Fo priests present (Jim, Freide, and Irelia. I'm not sure if Crabbe is Fo or not, but maybe 4), why is it no one from BL is talking about how overpowered and strong Light of Fo is, and how it saved so many people unfairly? Because BL in fights actual interrupts and prioritizes stopping enemies from casting. If you watch the video there's multiple times it is attempted to be casted, and interrupted:

8:13 - Chev interrupts Irelia.
8:55 Brqqq interrupts Freide.
24:36 Polk interrupts Jim.
25:07 Chevtuk interrupts Jim.

Most of the time BL casts they sit there in the open and are free to cast uninterrupted. Spells are only good if you can cast them. There's a wide notice when a spell is being casted, and players can enemies these long casts. All this feels like is another complaint from the same group of players who continually bring up a new issue after every wipe: zergs, zombie pets, pain rain, scorn, drain health, gravestones. It's one thing after a next. There's just really no good other explanation here other than you're losing, and to combat it, you want the enemy nerfed.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

How hard is it to understand. FO CAN'T CAST DAMAGE SPELLS.

• Like 3

Lol Zao is MR and Its just not one Alliance in JK its all of Jk Blaze trolled you in our other discord. Give me drain health and one WL priest plz. We should of pulled out of that Fight after losing 2 of our fo preist, but hey its fight or end up with a dead game your choice.

Edited by AceRifle

9 hours ago, platinumteef said:

you're fighting from the kingdom that literally never has a problem pulling 1.5 to 2 times numbers, you would take a 45 minute timer because it benefits you

Did you forget that fight from a few days ago where you died 3 times? We lost our own people's stuff because we couldn't hold our ground against JK. 

The meta used to be to collect as many corpses right before dying and hope some res stone works or someone barely manages to get away. This resulted in ridiculous situations where you could lose a battle and end up with much better loot. That's why we got anti loot. Now you want to revert this or water it down and we all have to reexperience the reason why anti loot mechanics were put in place in the first place.

12 hours ago, Postes said:

It's kind of more so just defeatist that one single group of people are the ones continually complaining about the game because it's not going their way. Most of the anti-BL spells nerf proposals are coming from one alliance in JK.

I'll stand by it and say I don't think there are issues with the spells. Yes, some are strong, and some are weak. In Sindusk's own word he says Light of Fo and Scorn are equally broken, so then how come if we have a fight yesterday and JK has three Fo priests present (Jim, Freide, and Irelia. I'm not sure if Crabbe is Fo or not, but maybe 4), why is it no one from BL is talking about how overpowered and strong Light of Fo is, and how it saved so many people unfairly? Because BL in fights actual interrupts and prioritizes stopping enemies from casting. If you watch the video there's multiple times it is attempted to be casted, and interrupted:

8:13 - Chev interrupts Irelia.
8:55 Brqqq interrupts Freide.
24:36 Polk interrupts Jim.
25:07 Chevtuk interrupts Jim.

Most of the time BL casts they sit there in the open and are free to cast uninterrupted. Spells are only good if you can cast them. There's a wide notice when a spell is being casted, and players can enemies these long casts. All this feels like is another complaint from the same group of players who continually bring up a new issue after every wipe: zergs, zombie pets, pain rain, scorn, drain health, gravestones. It's one thing after a next. There's just really no good other explanation here other than you're losing, and to combat it, you want the enemy nerfed.  

I had that same outlook a month ago. After being in so many situations where there's no counterplay, it really is a problem that Libila is quite fundamentally, without a doubt, the best priest to be in the game. And yes, it's a balance problem.

If you really think it's not, just let WL be Libila and let BL be WL gods and be done with it. Offer a free faith transfer and watch the tides turn in a day.

I wouldn't want God to be available to everyone because it makes the game far more boring, and makes every kingdom a little less unique. 

• Like 1

Honestly, me neither. I'd rather just make them balanced. Which is something that I feel everyone would be behind. Unfortunately we're just getting flamed for wanting both Scorn (BL) and Light of Fo (WL) nerfed, because those spells are creating a toxic healing spam meta that is basically a measure of "who has more lib" or "who has more fo" priests.

So with the few encounters I have so fare adn the viedeos I have see my biggest Problems so fare are the lack in possible equipment deiversety. and the huge insta heal were the side with more Fo or Libelia prists basicly win if not heavly out numbert.

For the heal why we don`t make the AoE heals a HoT? like Flamepiller is a AoE Dot we make Light and Scorn to a HoT. Would solve the insta heal Problem and you could not spam it with multiple prists since you can make them non stack. Light heal more/tick and maybe cover a bigger area/last longer while Scorn is lets say jsut 1/3 of the heal but the heal tick get buffed by like 10-20%/enemy hit in the dmg tick. Would that not solve a lot of propblems?

And when I talk about equipment Diversety the Problem is that you are forced to level spear and no other 2h weapon comes near to it. Well you COULD run a other weapon for when enemys are dehoresd but the fact tha spear arund 80QL allredy oneshot Horses even without enchantment is a problem if no other weapon comes even close to this. Its the classic coocki cutter build problem a lot of other MMOs have and will be hard to resolv and some things will always be in advantage compare to other things but we talk about a huge diffrence taht basicly psuh out every other option.

I don't want drain health to be nerfed, I just want it to be changed to a spell that makes sense for what it is. Make it useful for drain tanking. It shouldn't be a 2 second insta horsie hurting slowing spell. It's not game breaking or anything but I don't think its being used for what it was intended to be used for.

Also my opinion on the healing situation: I think that AOE spells in other games are used to heal lots of little wounds slightly and I think that it's what both scorn and LoF should be used for. Neither should ever heal more than half HP ever.

Nerf the ###### outta both of them and then change drain health to be longer and heal for more so that they have their single target healing spell.

Also, sorry for the double post but why isn't essence drain better? I feel like the whole lore for BL is they are kinda like vampires so that spell should be a lot better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Postes said:

I wouldn't want God to be available to everyone because it makes the game balanced and I can't win every fight because my priest wouldn't be amazing broken anymore.

in this thread the kingdom with the overpowered priests try to convince everyone they're not overpowered

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AceRifle said:

Thoughts on treasure chest being picked up on pendulums?

boo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AceRifle said:

2 hours ago, Zekezor said:

boo.

Same

But how about some event hearing like "you hear a strang humming","the humming get louder" close to how bees work. A extra feed back beside just the visual would be great it can be quite hard to pick up if you in a Olive forest or somthing like that. Would be nice if they were slightly easyer to spot if you near one.

14 hours ago, Olloch said:

in this thread the kingdom with the overpowered priests try to convince everyone they're not overpowered

Says the only kingdom blaming losing every fight on game mechanics instead of poor strategy. The meta game of trying to sway devs to change the game every time you lose is a bit exhausting to deal with.

5 hours ago, AceRifle said:

Treasure chests being hidden is nicer I think. I wish they'd decay a bit quicker though

6 hours ago, BrQQQ said:

Says the only kingdom blaming losing every fight on game mechanics instead of poor strategy. The meta game of trying to sway devs to change the game every time you lose is a bit exhausting to deal with.

Treasure chests being hidden is nicer I think. I wish they'd decay a bit quicker though

Again, you have the strong priests. Its not like you're going to admit you have a huge mechanical advantage.

22 hours ago, Olloch said:

Again, you have the strong priests. Its not like you're going to admit you have a huge mechanical advantage.

I think Libila is strong, but I think it's an advantage that we have so many, not Libila itself. Regardless, not speaking for HotS, but I wouldn't pull spell rework above a lot of other issues the server has. I think if you surveyed majority of people who quit the server their reason would not be because Libila is too strong. Remember this server has 400+ in the first month, now we average around 150. A lot of people posting here are thinking about how to change the outcome of a fight and what benefits them, their ideas are not reflective of bettering the server, providing incentives to new players, and making it easier for new players to get involved.

You could easily argue the idea of "who has the most barded horses?" plays just as big of a factor as which sides as the most healing priests. It's strange to me though that no ones talking about barded horses here though, but my guess is you would call that a strategic decision but for some reason having many priests are a mechanical advantage. Okay. So many fights are ending with one side still entirely mounted. Just like having one kingdom have a lot of priests, it's forcing players into a certain meta to also spend so much time investing in armor for horses, and players then have to train up a certain weapon type to even have a chance to de-horse someone. I personally don't think it's that fun sitting in a wave of barded horses and barded backup horses having to spend so much time taking people off a horse just to finally fight a player.

I like the new HotA changes and depot because they all give more reason to go out, but in my opinion the depot should be for loot, and HotA (as someone else suggested, not to steal your idea) should be for kingdom buffs. Right now the reward doesn't outweigh the risk to go into enemy lands and try to find HotA battlecamps. You get such a small amount of moon metal and really it's going to one single person or divided across a larger group so everyone comes out with such a small amount they can't use it. I would increase the amount of loot at the depot and increase the loot timer to 10 minutes. I would rework the HotA to be as someone else suggested and provide kingdom wide buffs. Each battlecamp could give something different, but for the entire kingdom. 10% to skillgain, 1 CR,  10% stronger tower guards, 10% faster favor regeneration. It would give more kingdom-wide advantages, and even if HotA had yet to be won by one side they will still have a bonus from just one or two camps. Once once kingdom caps 4, they keep all 4 buffs until the next HotA, all other kingdoms lose the buffs. 

Beyond all that though, we still don't appeal to a broader audience, which is always the same problem. We can make the game as balanced as people think is fair, changing spells, HotA, armor types, but even if the game is perfect by JK, MR, and HotS' standards most players aren't into the idea of a full-loot system, and getting crushed by players who have been around for months now. I am not against reworking spells, but if I had the developers prioritize anything, it would be ideas that help encourage players to try and get started on Defiance. A curve for new players, indicating when new players don't yet have 20 Fight Skill, Defiance-only rewards that could transfer over, livestream via the Wurmonline twitch channel, a trailer, sharing out some of our PvP videos on the Twitter.

• Like 1

Player retention is an issue for the game as a whole.  Fresh blood is what makes pvp fun you have people who aren’t afraid to die. New accounts should get the 50% buff that we got to help them catch up. Right now imo is the best time for new players to try out the game because villages have their crafters and priests up and running so they can focus on training new people. Unfortunately we have zero advertising for the game. We recruited 3 new players this week but they stumbled on the game by accident and the retention if we’re lucky is 1 out of the 3.

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 1

An entire religion rework needs to happen at some point and a decision has to be made. Do we want the kingdoms to be different a la Starcraft style where each religion has their uniqueness and not just their version of the same spell?

Should we eliminate BL completely and just have 3 different kingdoms and everyone is able to pick whatever god they want?

• Like 1

I don't think yet another rebalance is a good idea. It's a time consuming process that doesn't lead to anything, because nobody can ever agree about what's balanced or not. I'd rather have people being able to choose any religion.

And agree on buffing newbies. Alternatively there could be a epic-style curve, but only going up to 50 or so. 

9 hours ago, BrQQQ said:

I don't think yet another rebalance is a good idea. It's a time consuming process that doesn't lead to anything, because nobody can ever agree about what's balanced or not

sounds like more of a failing on the side of the devs rebalancing stuff

Is this what was imagined when raid windows were implemented @Darklords?

Cv0lHbN.png

For context - that's an impenetrable wardeed in the middle of Defiance with a couple of mine hops dotted around it. Pretty much a PvP blackhole.