Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Changes Feedback

Are there plans to allow champs that give 70 prayer? I'm curious if I should grind prayer for benediction or if I'm just going to be able to cheese it later.

champs is cancer. hope not.

especially considering this:

On 6/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, Darklords said:

Elevation Changes Staying

• No champions on this server.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

On 10/7/2020 at 10:11 PM, Darklords said:

Future Plans

• Revised version of player champions on much shorter timescales/less harsh penalties for reverting/different bonuses than just DR.
    • Generally they will be much less powerful than current champions but will still be useful to have with little to no penalty for becoming one, and short several week max duration for them.

I too would prefer to see absolutely no champions, but this was what I was referring to. I was going to start grinding prayer, but if champs are coming to give 70 prayer then I'm not going to bother. I'd just like a heads up either way.

I dont see any need for champion players, what's the point even?

• Like 3

As far as champs possibly coming back go, they wouldn't be the current implementation and they defiantly wouldn't allow bypassing the journal like they currently can. Though in the end if people do not want any return of it even severely toned down with much shorter duration's we can always pass on the idea nothing is set in stone on that front.

Patch came through, so I guess now would be the time to respond on all the future plans.

• More pvp related points of interest in the world along with the exploration update planned.

We definitely need something that actually affects skill gain, and not sleep bonus. Affinities could also work. Can get sleep bonus a multitude of ways now, which is really good - but the incentive needs to double down and provide increased skill gain for players and/or kingdoms that are active in roaming. Allow me to feel good about grinding on Defiance, instead of being punished for not being Vynora.

• Reworking spell damage/resistances to find a better middle ground between them being useful vs them being spammed especially for pillar spells.

Single target spells do a bit too much damage against low soul strength characters right now. Outside of that, I feel it's mostly fine.

• Looking into WL vs BL priest balance with BL only having 1 god vs 3 WL gods.

The best way to solve it would be to add another BL priest and split some of the spells away from Libila and into the new priest. However, that sounds like a content update beyond the scope of the PvP servers. I can't think of a clean way to solve it beyond that.

• Revised version of player champions on much shorter timescales/less harsh penalties for reverting/different bonuses than just DR.
    • Generally they will be much less powerful than current champions but will still be useful to have with little to no penalty for becoming one, and short several week max duration for them.

The only thing that champions provide that I'd like to see would be removal of priest restrictions for the player. I'd like to see it in general, but that's beside the point.

• New methods of removing kings from office/deciding new kings for base kingdoms.

Can't really think of anything, but I agree with the king being transferred every now and then.

• Removing meditation level limits from defiance/elevation with balance consideration for the more overpowered one that it was intended to remove.(Defiance/Elevation Only)

Knowledge meditation for 25% skill is basically required if you want to keep people on Defiance. Unless you provide an alternative through another Defiance-specific mechanic.

• Mine doors locking off deed somehow.
    • Pending some deep thinking and testing as this one will be hard to get right and could actually turn into a negative if people find new metas around it.

I'm not certain this is good for the game. Providing safety nets that can be placed in random locations in the world doesn't sound good. The goal should be to get players out of their safety net into risky positions in an effort to obtain a reward. Allowing players to feel safe at any location on the map because there's a mine door nearby is going to destroy roaming objectives.

• Open to suggestions here for what you would like to see as future content for All PvP servers in general.

Future content should be focused on land control. Give a reason to actually claim additional land with towers and control key points of the map.

5 hours ago, Sindusk said:

The best way to solve it would be to add another BL priest and split some of the spells away from Libila and into the new priest. However, that sounds like a content update beyond the scope of the PvP servers. I can't think of a clean way to solve it beyond that.

Let BL be Fo mag and Vyn

Let WL Be Lib

Make pillars or control points that either rotate every week-2 weeks. That give you bonuses like: Combat Rating, Faster Action Timers, Double Resource Creation vs 1, 10-25% Skill Gain, Rarity Chance Increased, Lowering Difficulty if Casting Significantly, 10% Reduced Damage, 10% Increased Damage (No Mag bonus stack), Random Affinity Gained ever 24 hours. This is just literally random things that I came up with off the rip. All these don't seem to be to crazy. Make them work like HoTa camps, where you can build on them, no deeds, but locks and minedoors work like they would on a deed. Minedoors don't open up to other kingdoms in that specific area, or simply do housing only not opening up to enemy kingdoms. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darklords said:

As far as champs possibly coming back go, they wouldn't be the current implementation and they defiantly wouldn't allow bypassing the journal like they currently can. Though in the end if people do not want any return of it even severely toned down with much shorter duration's we can always pass on the idea nothing is set in stone on that front.

Arrows?

make it so accounts below 20 or 50 fs can't see depots until it gets the beacon

actually just remove the depot until you make it spawn not 3 miles into one kingdom's territory

Edited by RainRain

4 hours ago, Carmichael said:

Make pillars or control points that either rotate every week-2 weeks. That give you bonuses like: Combat Rating, Faster Action Timers, Double Resource Creation vs 1, 10-25% Skill Gain, Rarity Chance Increased, Lowering Difficulty if Casting Significantly, 10% Reduced Damage, 10% Increased Damage (No Mag bonus stack), Random Affinity Gained ever 24 hours. This is just literally random things that I came up with off the rip. All these don't seem to be to crazy. Make them work like HoTa camps, where you can build on them, no deeds, but locks and minedoors work like they would on a deed. Minedoors don't open up to other kingdoms in that specific area, or simply do housing only not opening up to enemy kingdoms. 

This idea is cool. have to make it worth getting everyone together to attack tho

2 hours ago, Carmichael said:

I would recommend removing priest restrictions totally for Defiance.

• Like 1

If people feel priests are too much of a determining factor in fights, consideration towards bumping the cast time of AoE heals from 15 to 20(or more).
It's kinda wonky as it is now anyways that casting a AoE heal takes about as long as casting a single target self heal (focused will/cure light)

I think "everyone should be a priest" idea is always stupid though.

If the other team committed more to priesting/caring about pvp, kudos to them. Everyone knows the advantage priests give, and everyone has access to priest up if the pros outweigh the cons. With account sharing rules, the majority of pvpers choosing to priest could still have access to someone's crafter anyways if you're too lazy/didn't think to have your own crafting account.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Groot said:

If people feel priests are too much of a determining factor in fights, consideration towards bumping the cast time of AoE heals from 15 to 20(or more).
It's kinda wonky as it is now anyways that casting a AoE heal takes about as long as casting a single target self heal (focused will/cure light)

I think "everyone should be a priest" idea is always stupid though.

If the other team committed more to priesting/caring about pvp, kudos to them. Everyone knows the advantage priests give, and everyone has access to priest up if the pros outweigh the cons. With account sharing rules, the majority of pvpers choosing to priest could still have access to someone's crafter anyways if you're too lazy/didn't think to have your own crafting account.

Just have to target the people casting spells. Not to make this a kingdom thing, but MR did a really good job of it yesterday compared to JK. They went after people casting and killed their horses while they had to stand still and cast or were casting tangleweave. It's a big reason the MR fight lasted longer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Postes said:

Just have to target the people casting spells. Not to make this a kingdom thing, but MR did a really good job of it yesterday compared to JK. They went after people casting and killed their horses while they had to stand still and cast or were casting tangleweave. It's a big reason the MR fight lasted longer.

Yeah, I haven't played since any of the changes to interrupting came in so I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes. I do think that in general, PvP would be better if AoE heal spam wasn't so strong ( even though they're at a historically weak point at the moment ).

I'll let other people provide input on if a slightly increased cast on them would be better or worse, but I think if people are complaining that priests are too much of a deciding factor in fights still, that's the best thing to target.

Getting SP from mobs seems a little too rare.

For me, having the portals ruins Defiance, players don't treat Defiance like their home. Skilling on pve then come over for pvp or get lazy and don't come over 😕 

I don't see any draw cards for interested folks to come over. We all know what PvEers are like (most of us have made the same mistake), they think they need to skill up well, before coming to a pvp server (when it would be advantages to come with lower skills),

My expectation for this server to be successful is very low 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 😕😕😕 

• Like 1

I would love to see a way to de- and re-priest with maybe a hefty cooldown, or a faith penalty instead of complete reset.

Problem is that being a priest in PvP combat has only upsides, no downsides at all and is almost a requirement to be viable. I love seeing my main's numbers go up, but having to choose one path or another... or level another character. I dislike it.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:14 PM, Sindusk said:

The only thing that champions provide that I'd like to see would be removal of priest restrictions for the player. I'd like to see it in general, but that's beside the point.

Maybe only non-priests being able to become champions and only gaining a set amount of faith, maybe even restricting the spell pool to PvP ones.

That way, you can level up channeling as a priest for a while, yet decide to go back to being able to do everything else, while having a choice to quickly priest up again solely for PvP

• Like 1

Depot spawns do seem a bit skewed. I am guessing there's logic in place for neutral lands, but so far the few depots that have spawned have been pretty south. Probably needs more consideration, like it should randomize a region like HotA (north, center, etc), but not repeat the same region as last the two previous depots to ensure variety. 

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

What is that 6 times in a row in the south for the depo? WTF is going on?

Edited by Omar