Sign in to follow this  
Gofs

Achemy world!

I love the idea of alchemy, but i'd actually prefer a significantly more complex and mysterious system, akin to how cooking works- a system where we have to experiment with many ingredients to discover potions; something skyrim-esque basically

I'm also 100% against the idea of more +ql sources in the game, but thats a side thing

Love the idea and I'm all for expanding the alchemy system (and more uses for mushrooms)!

• Like 2

would be amazing to be able to do what your proposing.   Maybe even be able to temporarily apply potions to a tool like a sickle could have a "harvesting potion" possibly increase chance of getting rare or better sprouts or harvestables from the tree or shrub for a short amount of time.  your idea and detail for the plan are very well thought out and would prove quite intriguing

+1

• Like 1

+1 to the suggestion but....I can't support the idea of PvP oriented potions. The entry barrier to being effective in pvp is pretty high. People with pvp knowledge are already way ahead of the regular crowd.

Having to add a new meta to pvp is just too much, not to mention micromanaging everything on top of making sure you packed your 50 pvp potions with you.

These are insane bonuses in combat : • chopped green mushroom + chopped red mushroom + potion + ground troll club (powder) + secrecy powder +  (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Bersekir elixir, that will provide you +2cr. count as the battle elixir
• chopped brown mushroom + ground troll club (powder) + ground goblin skull (powder) + lye + tannin (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get hell strength elixir, that will provide you +5% of body str. count as the battle elixir
• chopped black mushroom + charcoal + tar + lemon juice + tannin (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Coca-cola, that will give you possibility to regen stamina while fighting (max timmer 20sec, 5m CD). battle elixir
• chopped blue mushroom + ground troll club + stone powder + blueberry juice + lye (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Guardian Elixir, that provide you x2 parry rating (max timmer 25 sec, 5m CD). 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

Courius if still can be interested in? 

• Like 1

Would absolutely love more alchemy functionality. It would be a fantastic draw - especially for exclusive stuff such as maybe making oils of repair for whetstones and the like that you normally couldn't repair. Could have a lot if functionality with traps and damage types.  All that could spiral into more diverse roles in rifts such as poisons you could apply, minor aoe heals or other effects, etc...  Maybe find esoteric formulæ in some of the exploration update chests.  Would also be a nifty use for some of the rift hearts, vis a vis necessary potion components, etc...  Maybe an auto loot system but also coupled with a limit on hearts you could get if balance issues do come up?

Edit: didn't realize this was a necromancied thread 😅

Edited by Minotaurus
Addenum

Heh, there's been alchemy suggestions for years. Would be great if we'd get an expanded system. Depends on how the journal / explo update goes. Here's hoping. 

There are some nice ideas here.

What I'd add:

• Glass phials, made from sand/ash/clay (a rough approximation of the correct ingredients)
  • Glass blowing tube, made from any metal
  • Glass retort, required for mixing any potion
  • Use crushed gems as an ingredient in potions
  • Like 1

Would love to see more in-depth alchemy.  You could probably get in touch with Arathok, who has released an alchemy mod for WU

• Like 1

Alchemy would be a great addition to Wurm!

+1