Sign in to follow this  
Gofs

Achemy world!

f258aacaf90dd093e80cd90a5ed341a6.png

Hello wurmians!
All time I playing this game, I do miss alchemy potions, flasks and such!
And now I feel it's time to suggest this idea here. 

Probably you will not agree with all potions / elixirs that I offer here, but if you like any of them write of it, dont be careless :) 

So! what do I suggest, and why!?
First of all - new items:

Spoiler

1) large wooden spoon
2) stone powder (grindstone on a stone shard)
3) wooden powder (grindstone on a wood scrap)
4) ground troll club (powder) (grindstone on a troll club)
5) ground goblin skull (powder) (grindstone on a goblin skull) 

And now time to talk of Elixirs:

Regular Elixirs:   

Spoiler

• chopped blue mushroom + blueberry juice + salt + stone powder (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Prime minister elixir that will give +5% to mining QL of ore and decrease on 10% QL of digging mats
• chopped brown mushroom + lingonberry juice + salt + wooden powder (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Lumberjack elixir that will give you 5% to logs and decrease on 10% QL of ore 
• chopped black mushroom + Raspberry juice + salt + tar (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire Elixir of Excoator +5% to digging QL or shards and decrease on 10% QL of logs.
• chopped red mushroom + maple sup + tannin + cherry juice (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Enchanter elixir that will give you +5 power to casts and increase casting time on for 50%
• chopped green mushroom + wine + tannin + apple juice (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Selfish elixir, that will decrease your improving timmer by 2 sec, and will decrease your moving speed by 30%
• chopped green mushroom + eye + honey + heart (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get flask "Fo eye". That will provide you the possibility to see trains of animals even with low Animal husbandry
• chopped red mushroom + eye + iron lump + heart (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get flask "Magranon eye". That will provide you the possibility to see veins of metals and stones like with good prospect skill (QL of flask count like a skill).
• chopped yellow mushroom + chopped blue mushroom + ground troll skull + eye (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Story talker elixir (decrease on 50% casting timmer (only for enchant casts)• also decrease the difficulty of casts on 20
• chopped brown mushroom + corn oil + tail + lead lump + wooden powder + tar (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Elixir of power (increase your weight capacity by 50%) can hold 150% will also increase your water usage for 100%.
• chopped blue mushroom + hoof + paw + cotton oil + paprika + egg (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Elixir of wind (increase your moving speed by 10%) can be used on ridable animals with 50% effect, will decrease your CR on 2 points
• chopped yellow mushroom + tar + orange juice + turmeric + hoof (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get the elixir of Hodor decrease stamina usage by 10%, decrease your hold possibility by 20%
• chopped blue mushroom + snow + mint + olive oil + paw + tail + silver (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get the elixir of river increase swimming speed by 10%, can be used as oil on boat/ships to increase their speed on 5% for 50% timmer also increase stamina usage for moving/captaining.

Cooldown Elixirs:   

Spoiler

• chopped black mushroom + glimmer lump 0.4kg + flask of Padre + flask of Lama (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Light mind elixir (decrease on 50% cooldown timmer for Padre and Lama elixirs usage) with success usage also gives de-buff of 'headache' that reduce skill gain on 20% for 1h.
• chopped yellow mushroom + corn oil + tar + clay + stone powder + honey (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get elixir of rubber body that removes falling dmg for next 1 fall = 10 QL (10 falls max).
• chopped blue mushroom + silver lump + corn oil + honey + mint + twisted horn + sorcery powder + wine (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire (after creating need to be blessed to active similar to transmutation liquid) to get Elixir of Padre. That will provide you +1 or +2 faith gains once per 24h. 100QL provide you 75% to get 2 'charges'. cooldown elixir
• chopped brown mushroom + electrum lump + cotton oil + honey + sassafrass + wool yarn + sorcery powder + wine (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire (after creating need to be blessed to activate similar to transmutation liquid) to get Elixir of Lama. That will provide you +1 or +2 meditation once per 24h. 100QL provide you 75% to get 2 'charges'. cooldown elixir

Battle Elixirs:   

Spoiler

• whole blue mushroom + chopped blue mushroom + snowball + salt + eye + mint (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Freezing elixir, that gonna change all your hits to frost dmg (by using any weapon/bow) also, convert all casts dmg to freeze dmg (fire pillar gonna make ice dmg). count as the battle elixir
• whole green mushroom + Chopped green mushroom + copper lump + tooth + lemon juice (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get acid elixir, that gonna change all your hits to acid dmg (by using any weapon/bow) also convert all casts dmg to acid dmg (fire pillar gonna make acid dmg). count as the battle elixir
• whole red mushroom + chopped red mushroom + heart + paprika + camelia tea (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Burning elixir, that gonna change all your hits to fire dmg (by using any weapon/bow) also convert all casts dmg to fire dmg (ice pillar gonna make fire dmg). count as the battle elixir
• whole black mushroom + wooden powder + paprika + tooth + ground troll club (powder) (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get spiky elixir, that gonna change all your hits to pirce dmg (by using any weapon/bow) aint effect on casts. count as the battle elixir
• whole blue mushroom + iron lump + mint + tooth + ground troll club (powder) (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get slashing elixir, that gonna change all your hits to slash dmg (by using any weapon/bow) aint effect on casts. count as the battle elixir
• whole green mushroom + salt + lead lump + ground goblin skull (powder) + ground troll club (powder) (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get stunning elixir, that gonna change all your hits to maul dmg (by using any weapon/bow) aint effect on casts. count as the battle elixir
• chopped green mushroom + chopped red mushroom + potion + ground troll club (powder) + secrecy powder +  (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Bersekir elixir, that will provide you +2cr. count as the battle elixir
• chopped brown mushroom + ground troll club (powder) + ground goblin skull (powder) + lye + tannin (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get hell strength elixir, that will provide you +5% of body str. count as the battle elixir
• chopped black mushroom + charcoal + tar + lemon juice + tannin (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Coca-cola, that will give you possibility to regen stamina while fighting (max timmer 20sec, 5m CD). battle elixir
• chopped blue mushroom + ground troll club + stone powder + blueberry juice + lye (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Guardian Elixir, that provide you x2 parry rating (max timmer 25 sec, 5m CD).

Trowing Elixirs:  

Spoiler

• chopped black mushroom + ground goblin skull + tar + lemon juice + salt + paprika + mint + seryll lump (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Vacuum bomb, will interrupt casts and make unable to cast for next 6 sec (max). 5m CD. trowing elixir.
• chopped blue mushroom + ground troll club + charcoal + apple juice + lead lump + adamantine lump (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Concussive bomb, will decrease moving speed on 30% for 15 sec (max). 5m CD. trowing elixir.
• chopped red mushroom + ground troll club + tannin + orange juice + iron lump + glimmer lump (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Disarming bomb, gonna disarm enemy for next 10 sec (max). 5m CD. trowing elixir.
• chopped green mushroom + chopped red mushroom + lye + paprika + mint + horn + wine + electrum lump (inside Cauldron) > cook on fire to get Bottle with crazy minds, work similar to phantasm effect 30 sec (max). 5m CD. trowing elixir.

Creation

Spoiler

Active Large wooden spoon > click on Cauldron to create unpacked elixir (unable to use it from Cauldron)
need to fill pottery flask with elixir from Cauldron and seal it, to use. 

When liquid gonna be 'cooked' it will turn to 'unsealed elixir' that will have weight 0.2kg for any elixir
(after sealing > unable to unseal, just become to be 1-time use item)
usage of flask/elixir will give you a buff for the time that upon QL. 1 QL provides ~1minute, 100 QL - 2h.
All elixirs have a chance to cause dmg instead of buff/effect. Elixirs can be different stage > The light mixture-75% chance(1-50 skill), heterogeneous mixture-50% chance(51-80 skill), concentrated mixture-25%chance to get dmg instead of buff(81-100).

!battle elixirs have half timmer (100QL gonna give you 1h)
!cooldown elixirs have 1-day cooldown timmer

My reason of suggest it, first of all course its alchemy! i love alchemy and i dont feel here alchemy as alchemy! :P 

Secondary course of mushroom usage. There is not so much sence of them in the game for atm.

R egular elixirs, can help not only with some effects of capasity, but also gives you nice skill to see for example traits of animals even with low AH.
 C ooldown elixirs can help with meditation, and faith gain, to redeuce a bit timmer for new players, who didnt join from very begining, when disconnects was renew gains each time ;) 

F ight Elixirs, will give some interesting turns like when guy with maul hits you pirce dmg, or Ice pillar make acid wounds, that will help to make in pvp more unexpected ways :) 

T rowing Elixirs, will also help pvp, atm i see a bit disbalance, when non priest dont have real chances with simmilar by str priest, vacoom bomb gonna fix that a bit :)  

So! tell me what ya think of it?! Will we give new Alchemy a chance? :) 

Edited by Gofs
  • Like 30

As someone who loves the vastness of the cooking and beverage skills in Wurm, I would say yes please if at all possible.

You have obviously put a great deal of thought into the way that you can bring Alchemy into Wurm and perhaps develop the skill from where it is now. 

I am sure that others will have input about the actual percentages up / down that you propose (for example, increasing weight / carrying capacity by 50% is in my opinion generous)  but I see your ideas as a good starting point.

+1

• Like 2

I love this idea, I really think alchemy could be expanded and this has great possibilities

• Like 2

Nice idea, you've done a great job! I hope this will serve as an impetus for the development of real alchemy in Wurm Online. It really diversifies the gameplay, I love it!

• Like 2

Lovely idea, I have always been a fan of Alchemy in any game I played that had it (and cooking... and fishing...), so expanding the system already swings well with me.

The writeup is not bad, but one thing caught my eye:

2) stone powder (grindstone on a stone shard)

Feels a bit odd that the same material would grind the other, either this would cause a lot of damage to the grindstone itself or maybe introduce a new vein like Granite?

Or give Diamonds a use?

Not sure, just felt a bit odd to me.

With all the effects you listed however, I see how this could turn into a lot of work for the devs to balance it properly.

The combat related ones could tie into a general combat overhaul PvE wise I guess?

Just like with the cooking system, this one has a lot of possibilities to branch into other aspects of the game that would need some touching up then as well so that it all remains in balance.

Love the idea and would love to see the system being reworked cooking system style. :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Milkdrop said:

Lovely idea, I have always been a fan of Alchemy in any game I played that had it (and cooking... and fishing...), so expanding the system already swings well with me.

The writeup is not bad, but one thing caught my eye:

Feels a bit odd that the same material would grind the other, either this would cause a lot of damage to the grindstone itself or maybe introduce a new vein like Granite?

Or give Diamonds a use?

Not sure, just felt a bit odd to me.

With all the effects you listed however, I see how this could turn into a lot of work for the devs to balance it properly.

The combat related ones could tie into a general combat overhaul PvE wise I guess?

Just like with the cooking system, this one has a lot of possibilities to branch into other aspects of the game that would need some touching up then as well so that it all remains in balance.

Love the idea and would love to see the system being reworked cooking system style. :)

Yeah, about grind stone on a rock, probably not so cool, but in my imagination that was small rocks (like iron rock that you can forage / rummage), but in the end i just needed some rock powder or better say dust :)
about balance - 100% Agree! for sure i dont know balance, i just shoot idea :) i really have pain in heart that priests op vs regular fighers (pvp) so wanted to point on this :P 

Thank you for supporting idea! :) 

• Like 2

I love a well thought out idea. Alchemy really does need more to it than healing covers and farmer salves. Would love to see alchemist become a true profession in the game.

+1

• Like 6

At the moment alchemy and subskill its used for dye, transmuting liquid, concrete, healing cover and farmers salve.

The elixirs and craftable potion with a small effect like rune, but time limited in use and effect will bring different things to the game.

I enjoy the alchemy already, so this would just give it a boost. 

• Like 1

A hearty yes to all of this!  I love alchemy as well, and wish it had a lot more depth to it. 

• Like 2

A Big +1 from me. This would make an excellent addition to wurm. 

• Like 1

Interesting idea.  I too question the balance this will require  If Alchemy becomes a profession everyone will need in order to compete, then we have a problem.  Adding a necessary grind into the many available sure doesn't make the game more attractive.  Think Archaeology.  There are some perks, but not such that your life is incomplete without it.

36 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

If Alchemy becomes a profession everyone will need in order to compete, then we have a problem. 

I have to question this reasoning and your conclusion.

Weaponsmithing and armor smithing are required in order for everyone to be able to "compete" (depending on what you are competing for, of course), but not everyone needs to master those things.  Master alchemists would arise and provide the community according to the demand that would be there, same as smiths and every other profession has done.

One point here. I've played Wurm for close to a total of a year, across four separate play "sessions" starting back in 2011. I've seen pretty much every creature (and been killed by more than half of them) that exists in the PvE zoology except dragons. I've never seen a goblin. Is Ground Goblin Skull going to be a problem for people? 

Also, I note that your Story Talker Elixir has Ground Troll Skull as an ingredient. Was that supposed to be Ground Troll Club, or Ground Goblin Skull? 

Edited by Nekojin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

One point here. I've played Wurm for close to a total of a year, across four separate play sessions. I've seen pretty much every creature (and killed by more than half of them) that exists in the PvE zoology except dragons. I've never seen a goblin. Is Ground Goblin Skull going to be a problem for people? 

Also, I note that your Story Talker Elixir has Ground Troll Skull as an ingredient. Was that supposed to be Ground Troll Club, or Ground Goblin Skull? 

I kill goblins all the time now, but as of less than a year ago, I'd never seen one at all aside from one I ran into within my first few weeks of playing. Been playing for three years now.  I saw my first one when I first started playing and died to it, but did not see another till I went to do some hunting on Pristine about a year back. When I returned to Xanadu, after some update I can't recall the details about, I started running into them all the time- mostly in the Greymead area lately.

+1 I like this it's very well thought out. It would make alchemy much more useful and add more uses for several items that are a bit underutilized.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nekojin said:

One point here. I've played Wurm for close to a total of a year, across four separate play "sessions" starting back in 2011. I've seen pretty much every creature (and been killed by more than half of them) that exists in the PvE zoology except dragons. I've never seen a goblin. Is Ground Goblin Skull going to be a problem for people? 

One of thouse, i just offer idea, not ground Troll skull for sure :)  but i just wanna give an idea, pretty much sure that devs will re-balance elixirs, and probably rework Ingredients. 
However maybe that will make some usage fur Uniques skulls for veeery rare elixirs :P Like Ground Troll King skull or Ground Red Dragon Skull 

• Like 1

+1

Very well thought out.  I don't know about balance (I'll leave that up to the devs, of course), but the idea itself I like.  Well done, mate :D

• Cat 1

Everything that can give alchemy a more better role in game is a good one, i started to play this game coz i wanted to make dyes and do other stuff in area, wasnt much then still isnt so +1

• Like 1