Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

Looking to join a village as a helping hand

Hey everyone!

A few things about me

My name is Octavia, I'm 17 years old and I come from Moldova - a small ex-soviet country from the Eastern Europe. Besides English, I also speak Romanian, Ukrainian and Russian, so I'd also be Ok to join a non-English village where one of these other languages is used. I love outdoors activities (like hiking and camping), endurance sports (finished my first marathon at 14) and computer games (my main game is Hearthstone which I played semi-competitively). I tried the game a few years ago, when I was about 12, but I found it too complex for me at that time, so I gave up on it, but kept checking the forums every now and then and always had in mind to try to come back when I'd be older, so when the game was launched on Steam I jumped in the wagon, set myself a small deed and here's the story of my adventures so far: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/179270-wurm-the-casual-way/  However, being a very social person, I soon realized that playing all by myself could be a rather lonely experience, so I decided to try to join a community and, since I hate getting involved in the trading part of the game, also try to finance my game expenses from a single deal.

What I would offer / bring to the table

First of all, I am level 7+ on Path of Love so I can enchant grass; at this moment I have a small business selling this service for prices varying between 50c to 1s per tile depending on volume, but if I'd join you'd get all my enchanted grass casts (which would be between 30 and 40 per month). You'd also get my sleep powder and any rares or gems I would get (either we talk about rare mats like clay or logs, either we talk about finished rare products like tools). I would also spend half of my play time (which would amount to about one hour per day) doing whatever tasks you'd ask me to, no matter how mundane or unattractive it may be. Last, but not least, as I previously said I'm a very social and positive person, so I think you'd also get some nice company for all those boring grinding sessions. :)

What payment I would request

I don't try to make a profit, but just cover my game expenses within a single deal so I don't have to deal with the trading part of the game, so what I'd request would be a flat 15 silver coins per month compensation. That would cover all my needs and I think that, at least if you need the enchanted grass, that could also be a steal deal for you, since only the enchanted grass tiles would value at least that much. Obviously, I would ideally look for a deed/community to join for the long run, but if you'd only want me for a month or a couple of months, that would be ok too.

Edited by Bloodreina

So to clarify, you're asking to be paid to join a Deed? On salary at that.
15s a Month to contribute a max-ish 30 hours a month helping the deed itself and some enchanted grass tiles?

I also assume you'll need fed, tools/armor and your own space?

I'm sorry but I'm afraid 15s for someone to give me 30hrs a month of contributed deed work and enchanted grass tiles I may not even need/want seems like the raw end of a deal. Just saying.

Good luck though, I'm sure there may be someone out there who's willing to provide you with all you seek.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zera said:

So to clarify, you're asking to be paid to join a Deed? On salary at that.
15s a Month to contribute a max-ish 30 hours a month helping the deed itself and some enchanted grass tiles?

I also assume you'll need fed, tools/armor and your own space?

I'm sorry but I'm afraid 15s for someone to give me 30hrs a month of contributed deed work and enchanted grass tiles I may not even need/want seems like the raw end of a deal. Just saying.

Good luck though, I'm sure there may be someone out there who's willing to provide you with all you seek.

As per my own rules I don't use any items that I haven't gathered, crafted or imped myself, so no, I won't need food, tools, armor or anything else.

Other than that you are right, but I still think that the deed owner would get a good deal since, as far as it concerns me, for 15 silver coins per month they would get:
- 30 to 40 enchanted grass tiles, which at my current prices (for which I had customers) are valued at 15 to 20 silver coins
- any rares I may get, let's say an average of one rare item per month (5 silver) and 8 rare mats per month (1.5 silver) these are valued at about 6.5 silver coins

- any gems I may get, let's say an average of 8 gems per month with an average ql of 25, valued at 2 to 4 silver coins.

- my sleeping powder, valued at 1.5 silver coins

- 30 hours of work for whatever they need, counting 50c per hour that would amount to another 15 silver coins value

So, as far as it concerns me, whoever would hire/recruit me, would get a package deal worth about 40 silver coins, potentially much more if I get lucky with the rares.

Edited by Bloodreina

If you like to join a deed because you don't want to have one on your own, I think nobody will give you silver. If u offer a service, I don;t think anybody will accept the payments you want. Most services are paid mostly on number of actions, or in your case, for tiles of enchanted grass... I think at this moment is the only certain thing you can offer. Rares I would not consider valid cause is random and not based on a certain mechanics, plus you play very little (one hour a day) to give assurance you will ever get any rares.

Good luck by the way finding a deed.

• Like 2

Thank you for your concern, but apparently other people think differently and I got three offers, so I actually even had options to choose from. :)

Anyway, this is now solved so the thread can be closed.

• Like 1

Good luck to whoever lets her on deed.. couldn't pay me to have her on mine.

• Like 2