Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Trial by combat and chronicler

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Told someone before, some maps are too old, no point. The Wurm with its current gameplay system makes it only worth joining maps that are less than a month old.

As I sit with my kingdom and our enemies on the oldest server.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darnok said:

Told someone before, some maps are too old, no point. The Wurm with its current gameplay system makes it only worth joining maps that are less than a month old.

It is getting harder to engage with you from an assumption that you are sincere and not trolling.  This statement may be your own opinion, or may just be some nonsense you put out there to garner a response.  Either way, it fundamentally misunderstands or misrepresents the entire paradigm of Wurm.  

Again I suggest to you the solution which you keep ignoring - Wurm Unlimited.

EDIT:  For crying out loud go have a look at the screenshot thread and tell all of those builders that what they have done is not worth seeing.  If all you want from Wurm is fighting then go where that is and stop trying to bring it over where it isn't welcome.

Edited by TheTrickster
Nope, not done yet.
  • Like 2

DARRRRRRNOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

MY MAN!

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

It is getting harder to engage with you from an assumption that you are sincere and not trolling.  This statement may be your own opinion, or may just be some nonsense you put out there to garner a response.  Either way, it fundamentally misunderstands or misrepresents the entire paradigm of Wurm. 

It actually kinda fits in with many of his other threads. He has this idea that everything is a fierce and intense competition. Starting more than a month later means that he is hopelessly outclassed by people who have grinded their skills to ludicrous levels that he could not possibly catch up with. How can he prove his e-peen is bigger, when he really has no chance at anything?

This suggestion is yet another e-peen waving competition. "Duel me! Refuse and you're a coward."

5 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

It is getting harder to engage with you from an assumption that you are sincere and not trolling.

Let's break this down as simply as possible as to not entertain this nonsensical thread more than it deserves:

We're talking about someone who goes from "Look at the real world" to "You cannot compare Wurm to the real world" without even a single intermediate post.

If he's trolling, he's not worth your time.

If he's sincere, he's clearly deranged to think his rhetoric is permissible or even remotely logical. I'm not saying this lightly, narcissistic behaviour and the like have normal, sane people often running around in mindwarping circles that drain them emotionally and intellectually, and the perpetrator doesn't have the empathy to even realize their effect on others. In which case, he needs therapy, not a hamfisted gameplay mechanic to indulge his superiority complex, and is not worth your time.

In short, he's not worth your time.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Darnok said:

Not true, comparing Wurm with the real world does not make sense. In the real world, to buy land in a country you must in many cases be a citizen of that country. The islands in Wurm do not have this requirement. Well, you can't buy everything you want, just what is for sale, and in the game it's crazy conquest and the one with the bigger wallet gets what he wants and where he wants.

The fact that free accounts can buy deed is broken too. If at least there was a skill that would need to be developed to the appropriate level to be able to buy deed and further expand it, the current system would make some sense. Right now if it comes to buying land it is pure pay for win.

So why the ###### did you start comparing Wurm to real life in the first place??????

Also since you said that “servers that are more than a month old are not worth your time” does this mean you will be leaving soon? 
We dont tend to get new server releases for years.

Edited by nitram20

On 10/6/2020 at 1:49 AM, Darnok said:

If the challenged person has refused to participate, this message is also sent to other players in the area. Other players on entire map are informed about the result of the duel and details of the dispute.

I don't know, maybe I'm the weird one here, call me crazy if you like, but somehow, I'm not the least bit interested in hearing about map-wide drama broadcast from those who would rather just tell everyone their side of the story, instead of settling things the appropriate way: Between those concerned, and a GM if need be.

• Like 1

i dont know why but trying to response seriously to your "suggestion" this in practice just means i can accuse you of anything and make this duel challenges everyday and have ingame logs with my mountains of false claims against you.

• Like 1