Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

[No Bug] Mixing RGB 1 1 1 dye with RGB 1 1 1 dye gives RGB 2 2 2 dye!!!

I had two containers, one was a small barrel with RGB 1 1 1 dye, 35 KG of it!, and the other was a small bucket with QL99 RGB 1 1 1 black dye, about 0,29 KG. I mixed these two dyes, to store them safely and I got RGB 2 2 2 dye. I ruined 35 KG of very expensive dye, please give me it back. It shouldn't work like that, both of these dyes were high QL and exactly the same colour, it is absurd! There is no way I made ANY mistake, that was the only black dye I had in inventory and the barrel was only one unsealed in a whole rack. 

Full event log:

Spoiler

[02:02:59] You get a small bucket.
[02:03:23] You need more dye to colour that item - at least 2230g of dye.
[02:04:03] Dye, used to colour clothing and items with. Colors: R=1, G=1, B=1. This has a very low nutrition value.
[02:04:16] You get a small bucket.
[02:04:49] You selected 2. <- I got two PEGS
[02:05:21] You start to unseal the sealed small barrel [dye] (1/1/1).
[02:05:22] You put your hand on the peg on the top.
[02:05:23] You carefully remove the peg from the top.
[02:05:24] But you notice the peg is damaged so discard it.
[02:05:25] You unsealed the sealed small barrel [dye] (1/1/1).
[02:05:40] Dye, used to colour clothing and items with. Colors: R=1, G=1, B=1. This has a very low nutrition value.
[02:05:49] Dye, used to colour clothing and items with. Colors: R=2, G=2, B=2. This has a very low nutrition value.

Given the details provided in PM from Platyna, this is working as intended. The color of combined dye relies on more factors than a simple average of the colors of the dyes being combined. For example, QL of the dye matters, and in this case, the dye was of rather low QL, explaining why it is closer to grey than intended.

This is also documented in Wurmpedia already:

Dye may be combined and the values will average out (although they will be about 2 points closer to grey across the board).

If you disagree with how this mechanic works, you can post a suggestion about it, but there's no bug here.

We do not generally replace items that were destroyed or altered through normal game mechanics. Additionally, the purchase or creation of items created through the use of bugs is always at your own risk.

• Like 3

Ostentatio what dye combining? It was the SAME COLOUR. What combining we are talking about here? This is nonsense! And the dye was good quality before, the QL I told you via PM was after it was mixed. A tiny piece of QL99 RGB 1 1 1 dye ruined almost a full barrel, is it working as intended? Are you serious???

And you guys contradict yourselves because in the dye nerf thread you were fighting like lions for a thesis that a tiny amount of dye shouldn't cause major changes in RGB. And if a double increase of RGB value in 35 L stock due addition of 0,39 L  is not a major change then I don't know what is!

But okay, if you are serious at least restore my dye and put a huge red warning on the Wiki because this is 70s worth dye that cannot be made any more, it was my greatest treasure, and I can't imagine ANYONE to EVER expect mixing the same colour will mess it up! It is my private Wurmageddon!

I do rarely lose my calm but here I am, furious like a raging ocean. 

Edited by Platyna

The QL of the dye after combining was 28QL. QL is a weighted average, so what must have happened here was a tiny amount of 99QL dye being mixed into a much larger amount of low QL dye. The final RGB value is modified by the QL of the result, which in this case was 28 QL, so rather low.

Again, if you disagree with how the mechanic works, you can post a suggestions thread, but there is no bug here, and this was already documented in the wiki. I'm sorry that you lost some of the value on an item you paid a lot of in-game money for, but it was done through normal and intended game mechanics, and that is not something we can compensate for.

• Like 3

It is the same colour, damn it! IRL if you mix the same colour dye with the same colour dye you get...the same colour dye! And it is something we ALL expect to happen! It shouldn't matter what is the QL, if I mix HQL steel with LQL steel I am not getting MQL iron. 

Nothing was documented on the Wiki! Combining dyes means mixing two colours to get the other colour, not just pouring the same colour from one container to the another. Why can't you see what a blatant absurd it is?

This game should be made in a way for us to enjoy not in a way that we can mess up high value items in the least expected ways! Developers should be our friends who care about positive game experience, especially that this game isn't cheap, so we have a great time here, not people who first remove an important customization option and then setup traps, so we can lose the remnants of this option in absurd, totally unexpected ways!

And stop telling me to post on suggestion forum! The last suggestion I worked hard on with Zarame, including digging into dye production and patents, which was neat, reasonable, wise and most likely easy to implement as it uses the same mechanics as white dye, was blatantly ignored, you didn't even bother to comment on it, and in the development plan this issue was double ignored because there is no single mention of it!

Even little petty bugs such non-English help turning on each server restart, or 2h stance (which seems to be a config option as it differs from server to server) or battering ram not showing the dye, rot and gather moss in bug report section, but with nerfs of innocent features you guys are very quick. Seriously I am starting to think that development team hates us, and I am not alone here. 

Fine, if I can lose a significant amount of my estate by falling into absurd traps setup by developers, and they think it is fine, to remove items and features I love in absurd ways, then I see no point of playing any more! And hell I loved this game and thrown a lot of money at it! So I am extremely sad and hurt as it seems I am worth nothing to the development team, and they don't care about if I will enjoy the game or not. You lost an item dear to you, of a great value, because of some nonsense we made? Whatever, move on and pay premium because "that is not something we can compensate for".

Each successful company knows: do NOT make your customers sad or mad, it will backfire, it wouldn't hurt Code Club AB at all if you restored my dye and put a warning on the Wiki, so other players wouldn't fall into that and lose their rare dyes, but no, you prefer "IRS clerk" stance, same with Gumbo and other error 53 (or whatever the number was) players, it wouldn't hurt if you gave them that 4 premium days, but no, you preferred to argue hard, so we all could read it and draw conclusions. I go to a cheap steakhouse and if they overdo my steak they give me another one for free and there is no discussion, no arguments, no 8-page threads on forums, so I despite a mess up I come back with pleasure. This game isn't cheap, it is also a niche game, all paying players and devout fans here should be treated like kings, not pariahs because we bring money to you! 

We do not generally replace items that were destroyed or altered through normal game mechanics. Additionally, the purchase or creation of items created through the use of bugs is always at your own risk.

First, I did purchase an item that was OPENLY advertised, you do NOT openly advertise items created by abusing bugs! So it is a fail of Wurm staff that moderates the trade channel not mine. I am a new player and as it can be easily checked I never made a single drop of a dye. Not to mention CRM himself said it is not a bug but unintended feature and the existence of such features in a discovery sandbox is NORMAL, he then changed his mind but lex retro non agit! Second: then restore it not generally, as this is absurdly hidden and unexpected trap nowhere documented. Such absurd implementation should be stated in the Wiki with bold red letters, as other potentially destructive actions that can seriously screw up your game play. Show us that you care!

The Gumbo's error and my dye fail were amazing opportunity for the development team to show that you care. You don't. For you, it is nothing, for us it is premium time we pay or expensive items we work hard for, and you of course won't budge. 

Edited by Platyna