Sign in to follow this  
ctaylor77

Bridge question- cant find answer

Wanting to build this more or less   

W

WOOXOOW

The O is a bashed out wall, W is a completed wall. X is wall bashed out to bridge from top W to outer bottom W's.   since bridges are structures, once the W's are connected , does it become one building? I don't think you can plan/build a bridge on top of lower walls.  

I'm not sure I grasp your diagram, but you can't have any tiles of a building (completed or not) under a bridge. You can connect 2 or more buildings via bridges, but they still remain individual buildings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schiann said:

I'm not sure I grasp your diagram, but you can't have any tiles of a building (completed or not) under a bridge. You can connect 2 or more buildings via bridges, but they still remain individual buildings. 

https://prnt.sc/uth014

https://prnt.sc/uth510

The tower piece in the middle looks "floating", that cannot be i think.

The second image looks like it could work, provided the tower is not floating.

be aware that deed planner does not always test for rules implemented in game. To be sure and before you embark on the "real thing", build a mockup to be sure the game allows the planning of the bridges as you want them.

You will for sure need a groundfloor building tile below the tower - cannot have a house without a groundfloor.

I'd advise to jump on Test server and build it there first (you can spawn building mats there)

Cant I build the whole footprint, build all 4 walls, build bridges... then bash out the walls under it? 

I just dont know if the bridge will stay or fall. 

I may have to build a wood house like this like in the 1st pic and see if I can bash it out.

The bridges will not support a building with no ground floor. The building will collapse, and then (simultaneously, effectively) the bridges will collapse.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:33 PM, ctaylor77 said:

Cant I build the whole footprint, build all 4 walls, build bridges... then bash out the walls under it? 

I just dont know if the bridge will stay or fall. 

I may have to build a wood house like this like in the 1st pic and see if I can bash it out.

You can bash the walls but effect will not be as you wishing. It will leave wall plans and house will be incomplete. You can as well just build arched walls looking better than wall plans.