Sign in to follow this  
Radircs

"Local" alarm sounds from Guardtowers

So maybe I am a bit of feed up with being surprised gank by not watching the local for 30 seconds in the middle of my own kingdom but with the emerging of 30+ kmh horses I notice that this get to be more and more an issue in spacial if you are the smaller kingdom.

Basically my problem is that Guard towers in PVP are ok but not really great in spacial not in the way of guarding. Enemies will just ride pass them and don't care because Guards will not be able to get down a single swing timer even if the enemy would just run past them on the same tile. So if you not fight directly IN the tower they more or less do nothing.
So here is the suggestion:
If a Guard start to notice an enemy and move to attack him the Tower should give alarm. I don't think about a global/kingdom wide one more of a semi local one in the form of an alarm bell and a yellow message in event chat and across the screen like with wild bees.

The Range of the Alarm sound should be caped on Tower QL. Lets say 50+Tower QL or 1.5-2 times the QL as radius. So to get a bigger cover then Local with this you will have to improve your towers.
The Event Chat massage could look like this: You hear a nearby tower raise its alarm the enemy has fallen into your homeland!
On top there should be a 2-5min cool down for raising an alarm so if there is a group of Players not everyone is raising the Alarm individually.

To get more flavor and accuraty in it you could dispaly the Name of the enemy Kingdom that rais the Alarm and maybe use diffrent distans markers.  But this is more of a maybe not somthing taht is in my opinion realy needed.

No Numbers, No global massage, just maybe some early warnings if enemies ignore towers and you not look in your local for 30 seconds (with 30kmh you need around 40 seconds from entering local to a person)

Would still have to keep an eye on tabs, but there is a setting to show who's in local in the event window instead so you can have other chat tabs up.

Of cours I would still have to do it. But I have to say i can´t belive the most people do enjoy a gameplay taht is mor or less have ther eyes glued to a corner of the screen and just short looking on the task they do or the chat to make sure they don´t get supriesd jumpt in the middel of ther own god damn Kingdom. Yes even WITH this suggestion it could still happen. And i think its fine that this happen in a amount to give some form of danger and constant thret. But I also think you need posibiletys to make your self as safe as possible with a reasonable time investment.

And I think towers taht give you a warning if they are close and the enmy not try to avoid them is a good middelground for this. Its not a solution that will defnitly work but give a close mesh of towers a reason (currently you just use them for chaining and fluff I suppose) and make roming in the harthland of a enemy territory less rewarding so the current smallest Kingdom is not to mutch at thread and get ther playerbase even more bullied out.