Sign in to follow this  
RainRain

"Corrosive Edge" spell for Libila

I'm suggesting an additional spell be created for Libila, following the theme of other weapon enchants.

Essentially, it would work exactly the same as frostbrand/firebrand, except the additional wound caused would be acid.

The main reason i'm suggesting this is to provide symmetry across all the 4 gods for the symmetry they already have:
Currently, 4 offensive and defensive jewelry enchants exist. Fire, frost, poison and acid. These enhance all damage of a certain type by a small percent, which can be increased by wearing even more of the jewelry.
Fo has access to Toxin and Acid Protection.
Vynora Glacial and Fire Protection.
Mag Blaze and Frost Protection.
Libila has access to Poison Protection, and Corrosion.

This creates a strange situation, where the WL kingdoms have a +damage enchant that relates to weapon enchants they can provide (frostbrand, flaming aura, venom) as well as the defensive counterparts except for poison. On the flip side, Libila only has access to Corrosion, which increases the damage dealt of 2 (AFAIK) libila spells (one of which is fungus trap, which deals minimal damage to begin with).

This can also apply to weapon imbues, but i think it's rather silly that they can only make use of the damage enchant if they can get an imbue- of which i'm not even sure if its possible to apply them (as skilling imbues cannot be used/applied currently) as of right now.

Additionally, Libila has access to two damage based weapon enchants that overall don't add up perfectly to the WL counterparts: RT only adds up to 20% damage (from 30% for FA/FB, Venom notwithstanding) while causing the wound to have a harsher healing penalty (usually not important). BT can only be cast up to 1k initially, and anything past 7.5k must be gained from pvp, meaning a priest at best can only provide a weapon that deals 3.3% more damage, and purely from grinding on creatures, the weapon can only gain up to ~25% bonus damage. BT has a side-effect of have an (at 10k stacks, mind you) 10% chance of causing a wound to degrade 10x as fast as normal, which can be pretty deadly. (not to mention this requires quite a bit of time) On the other side, WL priests can gain up to 30% extra damage from their enchants (again, venom not withstanding- which has a weirder function of not doing more damage but having a strange glance mechanism).

RT/BT do have an upside where they increase the RAW weapon damage, rather than applying a second wound- meaning they are better for hunting uniques with and gaining weapon skill; though i'm not sure if this is enough to  make up for a big loss in damage and opportunity cost for other spells. BT has a significant advantage over WL kingdoms however, as it's the only weapon enchant that can be cast on bows.

I think the change could happen in two ways:

1. Remove Rotting Touch and replace it with Corrosive Edge; a spell that adds up to 30% damage as an additional acid wound just like FA/FB.
2. Add Corrosive Edge in addition to Rotting Touch, but allow Magranon priests to cast Bloodthirst; providing a more 'round' circle of synergy.

I'm more in favor of 1, as libila lacks a lot of the variability that all 3 WL gods have in terms of enchantments, and taking away a unique enchant for her while maintaining unique enchants for WL feels wrong; and i think having BT be the main 'increases raw damage' would reinforce its niche, while making RT less of a "pretty much universally worse enchant than FA/FB but it's what we get"

Or you know just release the Wurm as another BL god and we can seperate spells between it and libila and have libila be a zombie/enchanty/healy god while Wurm does all the combat casting

• Like 2

As much as I love balance I think BT should stay BL and instead of givin us another enchant they should let BT gain 10k from mobs again, its already a ridiculous grind for something that you most likely will lose in combat before it reaches its max potential.