Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

weapons specifically to raise only parent skills

not sure if suggested, probably has been

but if you raise your weapon subskills too high, you literally can't raise the parent skills (mauls, swords, polearms) at a certain point, because the difficulty is too high for a tick

im suggesting you add a few weapons that train specifically those parent skills so we can raise them, as most of us are at 95+ in all subskills and stuck at like 50 parent skill

something like crowbar does for clubs

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, platinumteef said:

daily bump until a simple fix is made

On 10/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, platinumteef said:

I am not sure why you suggest this. Or extensive bumping it, you know they rarely answer on suggestions. And if its work like most parent skills a Skill check is Individual from the Weponskill as long as one of the subskills is used it will make a check. So yeah best thing to keep increasing it would be to take the hardest hitting Weapon out of the class and go exessiv hunting. Sadly it's more effective to kill weak creatures since skill gain is entirely dmg dependent and all mobs have basicly the same health in the background. I would really like to see factor enemies CR in Weapon skill gain.

8 minutes ago, Radircs said:

And if its work like most parent skills a Skill check is Individual from the Weponskill as long as one of the subskills is used it will make a check

Skill of weapon being used = diff for parent skill check. If your weapon skill is 20+ points higher than your parent skill you don't get ###### for skill, and the stronger your character is + better ql/coc enchant weapons you use, the faster you pass the good skilling spot. Once you've grinded all 3 weapons 20ish points past the parent it's near impossible to get any more titles in the parent due to the absurdly slow skillgain

61a3a99b2ff9e10b46b6257961d71ee8.png

bf9e902cac560699928195868b42b665.png

85.22-86.41 (1.19 points) long spear took me from 36.03-36.20 (0.17 points), and 85 skills grind a bit more slowly than 36 skills 🙃

• Like 3

So.. submit bug report for the wogic 20 skillrange skillgain mechanic, enchants as content makes it easy to break your character?

Ok that suprrise me. I knwo someone on the new servers who ahve got the Swordsman title and dont have a singel sub skills in the 90 so he cant have grind TO extrem. I know he have Longsword and 2 hand on 70+ thanks to the Titles. But ok well the skill system in Wurm is wired in a lot of ways. So most effektiv would be to rais them as close together as possible to keep them in this good range and not like you skip one of them I guess. Do parrent skill even somthing besides titles?

6 hours ago, Radircs said:

Ok that suprrise me. I knwo someone on the new servers who ahve got the Swordsman title and dont have a singel sub skills in the 90 so he cant have grind TO extrem. I know he have Longsword and 2 hand on 70+ thanks to the Titles. But ok well the skill system in Wurm is wired in a lot of ways. So most effektiv would be to rais them as close together as possible to keep them in this good range and not like you skip one of them I guess. Do parrent skill even somthing besides titles?

I had always assumed that Parent skills gave some small buff in sub-skills that were below its score, so that someone who had trained extensively with one sort of sword (for example) wasn't a complete buffoon in combat when they pick up a different kind of sword for the first time. The techniques are similar, the "keep the pointy/edged bits away from me" is the same, so experience in one should confer some ability to handle similar weapons at least semi-competently. 

Then again, this is Wurm, so it's entirely possible that everything I just said is wrong. 😸

• Like 2

bump for our friendly weapon grinding enthusiasts 

I'd like to see this be fixed. Perhaps with the combat update.

I'll bump as well. I don't like this skilling system either.

Altough to be honest I am not sure why my skills are slightly different. My halberd is at 81, staff at 50, spear at 90 and Polearms are at 73 for some reason.

The fact that we have this big discrepancy between us means there's something wrong with parent skills in general.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, elentari said:

I'll bump as well. I don't like this skilling system either.

Altough to be honest I am not sure why my skills are slightly different. My halberd is at 81, staff at 50, spear at 90 and Polearms are at 73 for some reason.

The fact that we have this big discrepancy between us means there's something wrong with parent skills in general.

Probably because skilled on epic

That still doesn't make sense Tor.

16 minutes ago, Tor said:

Probably because skilled on epic

Epic or freedom, the difference should be in time necessary to get to a certain skill level, NOT the values themselves.

Someone skilling them on freedom should have the same values. Someone with 90 Halberd on Epic or Freedom should have at least 30 in Polearms. The discrepancy is nonsensical.  This means entire parent skills are messed up for either 1 or both server clusters. And perhaps not just related to weapons but other skill trees as well.

If this isn't one of the more legimitate issues the devs have right now, it should be. Any issue with the skilling system should be top priority for the devs since that is the core gameplay of wurm .

Just now, elentari said:

That still doesn't make sense Tor.

Epic or freedom, the difference should be in time necessary to get to a certain skill level, NOT the values themselves.

Someone skilling them on freedom should have the same values. Someone with 90 Halberd on Epic or Freedom should have at least 30 in Polearms. The discrepancy is nonsensical.  This means entire parent skills are messed up for either 1 or both server clusters. And perhaps not just related to weapons but other skill trees as well.

If this isn't one of the more legimitate issues the devs have right now, it should be. Any issue with the skilling system should be top priority for the devs since that is the core gameplay of wurm .

I was speculating from what i remember, i am sorry. Parent skills, mind speed etc, was always "felt" you can actually grind them on epic. Also, wasn't there a more weapon sub skills under polearms at some point? like two spear skills and two staff skills then you could merge the removed skill into polearms, or something like that

But yeah + 1 for the parent skills grinding fix on anything else as well. (maybe characteristic too)

Weapon skill should just have a capped minimum chance for parent gain skills

+1

3 hours ago, elentari said:

well its just a biproduct of the curve in this regard, parent skill messes up when weapon skill is too far above parent skill but when both gets curved up its harder to get into the broken spot

one of the few times the curve wasnt a horrible nerf on actual skilling

• Like 1